Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

05' Turn Signal Bulb Housing

Old 08-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 05' Turn Signal Bulb Housing

I have 05' xfire and I was having intermittent front turn signal failure. I replace the bulb on the left and right side at the same. The next day the drivers side bulb failed again. I suspected a short somewhere hoping it would be with the wiring on the bulb housing. My bad there is no wiring on the turn signal housing. Upon closer inspection, I found the leads or contacts on the housing themselves had eroded. Now I in the market for replacement bulb housing. I will start at the dealership, ebay, mopar parts online and finally I will just replacement the headlight assemblies. Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

I have the PDF that lists all the crossfire part numbers, but can not find the part number I believe the part to be.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 05' Turn Signal Bulb Housing

Originally Posted by liljay
I have 05' xfire and I was having intermittent front turn signal failure. I replace the bulb on the left and right side at the same. The next day the drivers side bulb failed again. I suspected a short somewhere hoping it would be with the wiring on the bulb housing. My bad there is no wiring on the turn signal housing. Upon closer inspection, I found the leads or contacts on the housing themselves had eroded. Now I in the market for replacement bulb housing. I will start at the dealership, ebay, mopar parts online and finally I will just replacement the headlight assemblies. Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

I have the PDF that lists all the crossfire part numbers, but can not find the part number I believe the part to be.

Welcome to the forum.
I cannot help with the headlight problem, though someone here may have one or two headlights lying around. The entire assembly is sort of pricey new.

Where did you find the pdf parts list? that could be real handy.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 05' Turn Signal Bulb Housing

Your Chysler dealer parts man is either lazy or stupid, or both. My dealer's parts man walked back and picked one off the parts shelf as soon as I asked. The part number is 1-5174703AA, and the price is $21.84. To replace the whole headlight would be ridiculous. TBW