Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

FEELER: SRT-6.com groupbuy ViS Racing carbon fiber hood for $500-$650 USD

Old 10-22-2014, 09:57 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: FEELER: SRT-6.com groupbuy ViS Racing carbon fiber hood for $500-$650 USD

Originally Posted by FUBU
I have been told that I will receive more info on this after SEMA.
LMAO!

Old 10-28-2014, 03:24 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: FEELER: SRT-6.com groupbuy ViS Racing carbon fiber hood for $500-$650 USD

2 more weeks?

Old 11-23-2014, 09:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im looking for original hood and windshield........

by the way..... cf hood is for 500 or 650????

my email is miguellujan@live.com.mx

thanks!!!

Old 12-28-2014, 10:29 AM

Found the sign up on http://www.srt-6.com/groupbuy . Silly question, but I am curious as to whether or not these will fit N/A Crossfires with stock airbox as well? I imagine there is very little difference between the two.

Last edited by Charismatism; 12-28-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fubu, I'd like to add my two cents to this year long thread. (that I only just read last night).
First and for most, I applaud your tenacity and fortitude in this ongoing project. Especially when sometimes it seems like everybody is throwing up road blocks. That's simply what happens when ever you try to please more than just yourself. (I had a similar experience about 7 years ago myself).
I'm probably one of the biggest supporters of modifying the Crossfire's exterior. (Certainly not because it needs it, but simply to personalize it.)
Since the Crossfires's design is essentially retro to begin with, it lends itself quite nicely to any number of design studies from the past, and in reality, we've only just scratched the surface so to speak.
After reaching the general consensus that Woodies hood design met with most everybody's approval, I personally would have ran it by the forums very own, (and favorite) "in house" Automotive Designer, "Mr. Eric Stoddard". He's very approachable, and I bet he could whip up a couple of beautiful variations of Woody's hood during one of his coffee breaks.
After all, he's done it before. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ire-2-0-a.html
Next, I would like to suggest going a different route other than ViS carbon fiber hoods.
Why not get in touch with this company.

Research & Development | AAR Quality Fiberglass Reproductions

They were very interested in reproducing my hood 7 years ago. At that time, all they required were 10 orders, and for somebody to supply them with a stock XF hood to use as a template for a mold.
Now this might not sit well with everybody, but I would try to get a "stock" Crossfire hood built by them. Why? You might ask. Because having a "quality" fiberglass hood produced by a well known aftermarket hood supplier just might be the first step in having other "quality" body parts produced by the very same company. That would go a long way to keeping our cars on the road, and prevent them from being "totaled" every time they get a scratch or dent.
Just think, hoods, bumper skins, fenders, spoilers, custom side skirts, or stock rocker panels, or a rear diffuser. All parts that NOBODY is producing, and probably never will.
Once you have a fiberglass hood to work with, all it takes is finding a reputable shop that repairs old Vettes, fiberglass boats, truck cabs, etc. to modify your glass hood anyway you want.
I think if we (Crossfire owners) could develop a relationship with AAR, it could very well be profitable for everyone involved.
I hope you consider looking into this Fubu. Good luck with your project.

Last edited by +fireamx; 12-29-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:00 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by +fireamx

They were very interested in reproducing my hood 7 years ago. At that time, all they required were 10 orders, and for somebody to supply them with a stock XF hood to use as a template for a mold.
Now this might not sit well with everybody, but I would try to get a "stock" Crossfire hood built by them. Why? You might ask. Because having a "quality" fiberglass hood produced by a well known aftermarket hood supplier just might be the first step in having other "quality" body parts produced by the very same company. That would go a long way to keeping our cars on the road, and prevent them from being "totaled" every time they get a scratch or dent.
Just think, hoods, bumper skins, fenders, spoilers, custom side skirts, or stock rocker panels, or a rear diffuser. All parts that NOBODY is producing, and probably never will.
Once you have a fiberglass hood to work with, all it takes is finding a reputable shop that repairs old Vettes, fiberglass boats, truck cabs, etc. to modify your glass hood anyway you want.
I think if we (Crossfire owners) could develop a relationship with AAR, it could very well be profitable for everyone involved.
Excellent suggestion, and the reasoning is sound. Explain to AAR that they would have a cornered market, and that should get the ball rolling

Old 01-02-2015, 06:15 PM

Yea..What +FireAMX said.... Squirrel Crusher

Old 01-02-2015, 06:28 PM

My Checkbook stands at the ready

Old 01-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Im ready to buy one.....PM with details.

I need a hood ASAP. I can't afford to buy 2.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:13 PM

Oh the FORBIDDEN screen of shame

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /groupbuy/ on this server.

Old 01-05-2015, 08:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Fubu, I'd like to add my two cents to this year long thread. (that I only just read last night).
First and for most, I applaud your tenacity and fortitude in this ongoing project. Especially when sometimes it seems like everybody is throwing up road blocks. That's simply what happens when ever you try to please more than just yourself. (I had a similar experience about 7 years ago myself).
I'm probably one of the biggest supporters of modifying the Crossfire's exterior. (Certainly not because it needs it, but simply to personalize it.)
Since the Crossfires's design is essentially retro to begin with, it lends itself quite nicely to any number of design studies from the past, and in reality, we've only just scratched the surface so to speak.
After reaching the general consensus that Woodies hood design met with most everybody's approval, I personally would have ran it by the forums very own, (and favorite) "in house" Automotive Designer, "Mr. Eric Stoddard". He's very approachable, and I bet he could whip up a couple of beautiful variations of Woody's hood during one of his coffee breaks.
After all, he's done it before. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ire-2-0-a.html
Next, I would like to suggest going a different route other than ViS carbon fiber hoods.

Hi bud and thanks for the effort of reading it
Thanks for all the suggestions, they all sound very good. As you have had contact with them before, and are on the right side of the pond, care to join in on the fun?
I have been updating the SRT-6.com - Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 site and launched CrossfireMarket so most of my hours have gone to that project. Although, Greg and I are having discussions with a CF maker that can start doing our diffusors. So the hood part I have on ice for a bit. That VIS guy said he would come back, but I guess he is just a joke. I gave him two years to show that and me to realise it

Anyhow, so for planning:

1. Could you contact AAR and let us know what their take on this is?
2. I will try VIS one last time and say we will go elsewhere.
3. I will continue with diffusors together with Greg

What do you guys think? Let us make it a team effort.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:16 PM

FUBU, I thought you were in Florida.
The only contact I had with them is when they asked me to allow them to use my hood as a mold, and since it took me two years to find anybody who would build it for me, I wasn't about to let it out of my sight.
I explained to them that all they needed was a stock hood to make a mold. AMX Jim lives near by, and he made it perfectly clear he would be willing to supply the hood if they would give him the first glass hood they built.
Once they build a stock glass hood, they already produce another fiberglass hood that has my scoop on it. All they would have to do is put the two hoods together.
Now since everybody likes Woodies design, I would show it to them, and ask if their R&D couldn't duplicate it. I believe Woody would give them all the statistics to build it right.
I'm not trying to draft people into this project, but I think somebody who lives in the neighborhood would have a far better chance at getting this ball rolling, simply by having some one on one face time with those in charge.
Another incentive to drop on them would be to supply a complete car for them. A flood car would be ideal, it doesn't have to be running, just so it's all there and complete.
Finding a salvage car for a couple thousand $$ might not be as hard as it sounds. My Nephew purchases cars for LKQ in Memphis, and I could ask him to keep his eye open for just the right car for our purpose.
If everybody who wants a hood would donate $100 towards the purchase of car to use as a template for lots of Crossfire parts, all it would take is 20 or 30 donations to make it happen.
After showing AAR that there is an untapped market for replacement parts for the Crossfire, maybe they just might be willing to take a chance on us.
Any "Smooth talking Floridians" willing to give it a try?
I'd be willing to donate $100.00 towards the "Trojan Horse" Crossfire to get us inside AAR's castle walls. Supplying them with an actual car to use as a mold would really go along way towards cutting their start up fees.
I'm just brain storming hear, any ideas, suggestions, dream parts...etc.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm in for $100

Old 01-05-2015, 11:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FUBU

1. Could you contact AAR and let us know what their take on this is?
2. I will try VIS one last time and say we will go elsewhere.
3. I will continue with diffusors together with Greg

What do you guys think? Let us make it a team effort.
Since you asked; - 1.) Great idea suggesting someone from the states to do this. If you found a fabricator to do this project over there in Europe, then you would be on the proper side of the pond. But over here; not.
2.) You are a gluten for punishment FUBU ; **** On VIS for not helping you make this happen. They apparently never took you seriously, or realized it wasn't a money maker for them.
3.) Whoever Greg is?? Good luck to both of you!

Old 01-09-2015, 02:04 PM
Forum Regular

Im on board....but I need to do something quickly.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Forum Regular

when I was buying parts for my Bimmer, VIS was not the best quality. It was always the most affordable.

NRG had good stuff, available in bulk, at reasonable prices.

Anyone have a way to contact them??

Old 01-09-2015, 03:33 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

NRG Innovations
13668 Valley Blvd. Unit F-1
City of Industry, CA 91746
Ph: 626.369.2668

https://www.getnrg.com/

Old 01-10-2015, 11:38 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Well, Mike is on to something with his logic. I can remember the days of my Camaros. Not only were fiberglass hoods available but so were the fiberglass "dog house" or fenders and grill. So all of the front of the Camaro was fiberglass. Bolt right on as replacements. You just have to find the right company willing to produce them. Then worry about a donor car.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:08 AM
Forum Regular

As for the quality of VIS... i stand corrected.

Last edited by mobilefitt; 01-12-2015 at 09:10 AM.