Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

need help with headlamps

Old 09-01-2023, 11:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: need help with headlamps

Hi everybody I still can't get this phone to post pictures I'll have to go downstairs and take another picture tomorrow however I just want to thank you all so much I ended up finding a restoration back backyard guy who popped up on one of the threads I was sent for headlamp restoration. Because I knew so much, thanks to all you guys I was able to help him did all the taping it was quite fascinating. He even managed to change the bulbs out for me to a cooler type of LED. The results weren't perfect my lamps were so badly damaged they were etched pretty much all the way through but I'm very happy my goal was to increase the light available and the safety factor and I have that now. Will send you a picture tomorrow I just want to thank you guys so much. I had a tire explode on the freeway last week it was really something. So I am highly motivated to improve the safety of my ride. According to the tow truck driver and the dealership they had never seen anything like it literally zero rubber, rim only and managed to navigate off to the side in 3 seconds flat at 110 k. No damage to the rim. The sensation was like they talk about with those pro golfers who suddenly have all the time in the world to make the perfect Shot.... I feel extremely grateful

The following users liked this post:
M60A3Driver (09-02-2023)
Old 09-02-2023, 02:20 AM
Forum Regular
Received 304 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Luchia
Hi everybody I still can't get this phone to post pictures I'll have to go downstairs and take another picture tomorrow however I just want to thank you all so much I ended up finding a restoration back backyard guy who popped up on one of the threads I was sent for headlamp restoration. Because I knew so much, thanks to all you guys I was able to help him did all the taping it was quite fascinating. He even managed to change the bulbs out for me to a cooler type of LED. The results weren't perfect my lamps were so badly damaged they were etched pretty much all the way through but I'm very happy my goal was to increase the light available and the safety factor and I have that now. Will send you a picture tomorrow I just want to thank you guys so much. I had a tire explode on the freeway last week it was really something. So I am highly motivated to improve the safety of my ride. According to the tow truck driver and the dealership they had never seen anything like it literally zero rubber, rim only and managed to navigate off to the side in 3 seconds flat at 110 k. No damage to the rim. The sensation was like they talk about with those pro golfers who suddenly have all the time in the world to make the perfect Shot.... I feel extremely grateful
WOW! I'm glad that you're ok! It's amazing how fast things can happen. Stay safe!

Old 09-02-2023, 09:14 AM
Received 188 Likes on 156 Posts

If you are happy with your headlights now, you may want to consider one of these kits to protect the lens from chips and UV. I have a kit on two Crossfires and a Mercedes CLK. On my Limited the film has been on the car for over ten years and my lights look new. click the link for an XPEL headlight kit CLICK

Old 09-02-2023, 09:26 AM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Over one month and this has not been solved? Someone is being led by the nose.
One kit and half a days work and done.

Old 09-03-2023, 06:19 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Over one month and this has not been solved? Someone is being led by the nose.
One kit and half a days work and done.
The OP was 31/08, its only been a few days.

Old 09-04-2023, 04:34 PM
Received 386 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by UnderTheSouthernCross
The OP was 31/08, its only been a few days.

Sometimes, you have to consider the source. There is a few on here that are like that. Seniority doesn't guarantee good bedside manners (or manners at all).

Old 09-09-2023, 04:18 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Hell I was buffing out the aluminum on my semi so while I took a break. I taped off the roadster’s left front light. Took the red clay hit it with my buffing wheel and the plastic shined right up? We use red for a deep cut in aluminum so if you try this I would use the white for final finish. But it worked fine with little to no effort.

Old 09-10-2023, 08:03 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

there is a headlight spray that you put on after polishing that is to prevent further uv damage, I did it to all of my cars. Enjoy Woody