General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Why Pizzaguy? Why Your Username?

Old 02-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts
Default Why Pizzaguy? Why Your Username?

Nightrider asked me where my username came from, thought I'd start a thread where we could all tell the story of our username (Franc and Deb Walker must have SOME story to tell! )

Back in the early 90's, when my boys were young, we always spent Sunday night at home and together. I would make homemade pizza and we'd sit and eat while talking and watching TV.

One evening, my oldest came bouncing into the kitchen and asked, "Hey, Pizza-Dad, when is it gonna be ready?" Very soon thereafter, I got my first internet service and email address. I tried for Pizzadad@######i.net but the process failed somehow and locked me out. I then tried Pizzaguy and it went thru.... been pizzaguy ever since.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Received 512 Likes on 353 Posts
Default Re: Why Pizzaguy? Why Your Username?

Been on a coupla of forums where people used their Fake names so they could hide behind them and be @ssholes. Since this forum had a political section, I thought I'd try running straight pipes.

No Pretenses, I am what I am and if you come here to see me, it'll be the same guy, like it or not. My name here in St Peters MO is also Franc Rauscher and I am in the book.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 02-06-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A black SRT 6 is my story.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I have had the nickname Beaner for many years now. No it is not because I ate alot of beans or had alot of gas, no I am not mexican (not that there is anything wrong with that) no I was not a pitcher, no I never been rock climbing.

I was at a friends birthday party and beleve it or not we all had a few alcoholic beverages. The birthday boy comes staggering out of the house and yells out "Beaner... this is some good fireball"

Everyone had no idea who he was refering to... Apparently my name (Bryan) became Beaner... From then on everyone calls me Beaner. I don't mind at all.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We came home one Saturday afternoon in July of '07 after purchasing my wife's red Crossfire. I went online to do some research on Crossfires which led me to this forum. In the spirit of our newly purchased Crossfire I quickly came up with my handle.

In retrospect, I might have chosen something more creative like "Sausageguy".

Old 02-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Back in 1967 when i was a little sprout, I wanted the game green-ghost in a bad way. Unfortunatly we were stationed way up in Presque Isle ME. and there wasnt a bunch of options as far as shopping went; it looked hopeless.

But my mom did come thru and found me the game after going through shopping hell. I was in glow in the dark paradise I think that was the first time my self centered childish mind experienced sincere gratitude

Old 02-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was a kid, I read alot of Winston Science Fiction books. I have a weblog dedicated to the series - it's at :
Winston Science Fiction

I don't read science fiction anymore, but I credit this series of books as my door to literature. Thanks for starting this thread, Pizzaguy - this is really interesting!

Old 02-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wasn't very creative. There are two Lantana's in Texas. One near Houston and one near Dallas. I am near Dallas. Prior to owning a Crossfire I had a Mercedes and was LantanaML320, so I just modified the name for this site.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:26 PM
She can ride with me ;)

Yeah, mine's a tough one kinda like Franc's. Of course, my real name is Tom. The 2112 part comes from an album of the same name "2112" by my favorite band, Rush. I've been using Tom2112 for many years as an online handle, from waaaaaaaaaay back in the online BBS and CompuServe days (can you say 2,400 baud?). I wanted to register as Tom, but it was already taken, and the system recommended "Tom" with a number. So I ignored the number it gave and put in my own. The rest is history.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

What's my name here? Midnitevil?

My first experience with computers was what I learned from a computer science major who lived next door. He'd be up all night hacking (back before it was illegal). He taught me. I needed a hacker name. I picked Midnight Rider from the Allman Brothers song ... you know - "...Not gonna let them catch me, no, not gonna let them catch the Midnight Rider.."

So, that's been my name everywhere since 1983 or so. Lots of Midnight Riders on the web now. Sometimes, I'd try to register for a site and it would already be take.

My wife is Lady Evil (from the Black Sabbath - Ozzy song).

Needing something original, I merged the two and became Midnitevil.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been using "itsky" since the late 1980s (300 baud Tom). A friend of my came up with a phrase, "Itsky B, Evan B". Well, I liked the itsky part and it has stuck with me ever since.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My user name is a play on "88 miles per hour" from the "Back to The Future" movies. When I owned my De Lorean, I wanted to put "88 MPH" as my licenses plate but it was already taken. So, my wife told me to try "8t8mph" and it worked. So I got the license plates and later sold the De Lorean but kept "8t8mph as a user name .

Old 02-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 480 Likes on 333 Posts

Valkryderguy came from my screen name on the Honda Valkyrie Riders Club site.
I have a Honda Valkyrie and when I got my Crossfire and found this forum I wasn't thinking very creative for a Crossfire website and used the same name from the Honda club.

Now I'm a legend here known as VALKRYDERGUY and most just call me VALK

That's my story

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
100_4458.jpg (76.9 KB, 328 views)
File Type: jpg
DSC_0022.JPG (115.2 KB, 328 views)
Old 02-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My 3500 Dodge Ram 4X4 Turbo Cummins is the Squirrel Crusher. Written across the tailgate. Squirrel's act like they don't see or hear this big beast coming. They giggle after they've just run across the road in front of me,then for some reason they try running back across to the side they just came from. One of the six wheels usually crushes them. Squirrel Crusher

Old 02-06-2011, 10:54 PM

If you came to CAA or have met us at a Dragon, then you already should have a good idea...if not, come to the CAA this year or to the Fall Dragon and just ask.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine was my old MTSU ID... And when I registered on this forum WAAAY back in '06, I was only "wishing" to own a Crossfire. Since I was in no place at that time to purchase one, I figured the less personal info that was revealed in my screen name, the better.

But, I got snared into discussions, which led to relationships, which led to buying a Crossfire years later, which led to meets, which led to "family".

Changing my user name to John at this point would be pointless, since everyone knows me as JHM2K.

That's my story.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Forum Regular

Rush =My favorite band.

549= From Junior Samples Hee Haw skits.

When I originally started my yahoo account many years ago I got tired of trying to find a Rush tag line that wasn't already taken. After many, many fruitless attempts I tried this. It worked. Now I am Rush549 everywhere I go

Old 02-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Why Your Username?

When I started researching the car and this board, I also researched the expression (respectable American swear word substitute) for my user name (Dad drove Chryslers before he and Mom discovered the meaning of "Toyota"). Saw the shirt that's now in my avatar and the epiphany came.

As the Teahadis started cumming into prominence (and into "top gun" position) on this board at that time, and my user names on other boards list my general area, I thought it unwise to use any of those names here.

And now you know the rest of the story...

Old 02-07-2011, 12:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My life is a circus and I am surrounded by clowns.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:20 AM
Received 550 Likes on 462 Posts

I have played darts since my teens and it is always nice to here the marker call out "one hundred and eighty" when you have thrown your darts.

Quick Reply: Why Pizzaguy? Why Your Username?