General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Is .org dying a slow death?

Old 11-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Is .org dying a slow death?

Well Guys & Gals,

I still like the Forum, it has been a great help to me in knowing about the XF. I have worked on cars since I was a little boy. The XF is not like anything else I've ever worked on, it's German!!!
I really appreciate all the work that a bunch of you have done (180) with all the PDF repairs pictorials, etc. Just having someone to bonce ideas off on is always good. I have made some good friends here and have several from the Forum that live a short Distance from me. We do some GTGs that are kind of spontaneous, and just try to have fun with a great car. I know it is old tech but so is a Model A Ford, I would still have fun if I had one of those. The car tech wise is not that bad, it runs better than most of the cars on the road and is truly fun to drive. I'm sorry but a car that runs almost 150mph and does 0-60 faster than a Fuely 1957 Vette, is just not bad and it looks better than nearly anything on the road, no matter tha cost.
I guess I'm easliy pleased, but I was so thrilled to find and buy this car when I goet it in 2008. I owned 2 Vettes, Turbo Mustang, and a Smokey& Bandit Hurst SE TransAM, and this is more fun and a much better car than any of the others. The only thing that compares is my 1939 Ford Coupe I had in H.S., but in a completely different way, but both were wildly crazy fun to drive.
Many of you have been great advisors and teachers over the years and have been a big help to me and many others. I'm here as long as someone is on the other end from time to time!!

Old 11-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I am still relatively new, as I joined in Dec 2010 and bought my roadster in Jan 2011.
I have learned quite a bit here, and made many new friends, so I do not see me leaving anytime soon.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Received 534 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by dtinker
Well Guys & Gals,

I still like the Forum, it has been a great help to me in knowing about the XF. I have worked on cars since I was a little boy. The XF is not like anything else I've ever worked on, it's German!!!
I really appreciate all the work that a bunch of you have done (180) with all the PDF repairs pictorials, etc. Just having someone to bonce ideas off on is always good. I have made some good friends here and have several from the Forum that live a short Distance from me. We do some GTGs that are kind of spontaneous, and just try to have fun with a great car. I know it is old tech but so is a Model A Ford, I would still have fun if I had one of those. The car tech wise is not that bad, it runs better than most of the cars on the road and is truly fun to drive. I'm sorry but a car that runs almost 150mph and does 0-60 faster than a Fuely 1957 Vette, is just not bad and it looks better than nearly anything on the road, no matter tha cost.
I guess I'm easliy pleased, but I was so thrilled to find and buy this car when I goet it in 2008. I owned 2 Vettes, Turbo Mustang, and a Smokey& Bandit Hurst SE TransAM, and this is more fun and a much better car than any of the others. The only thing that compares is my 1939 Ford Coupe I had in H.S., but in a completely different way, but both were wildly crazy fun to drive.
Many of you have been great advisors and teachers over the years and have been a big help to me and many others. I'm here as long as someone is on the other end from time to time!!
1939 Ford Businessmans coupe? That was my fitrst car also
Flathead V/8 with dual point ignition and three forward gears way way down on the floor

Running boards, a roll out windsheild and a trunk you could use as a small house.

what a blast heh?

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 11-16-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

it's not dying....we have new owners on here just about everyday...and we have had just as many leave because they sold their cars.... It just 'turn over" and no I wasn't talking about John either...as far as the poitical threads, who cares... other than a few die hard car owners, the trouble makers, or whatever you would like to refer them as, didn't contribute one damn thing to the "car" forum....let them rest in peace.... and yes, I am a grouchy ole' man and enjoy it...

Old 11-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
it's not dying....we have new owners on here just about everyday...and we have had just as many leave because they sold their cars.... It just 'turn over" and no I wasn't talking about John either...as far as the poitical threads, who cares... other than a few die hard car owners, the trouble makers, or whatever you would like to refer them as, didn't contribute one damn thing to the "car" forum....let them rest in peace.... and yes, I am a grouchy ole' man and enjoy it...
You're good doc! I'm starting to get grouchy too....I really don't like it. Get off my lawn, etc, etc.

I love the forum! Got some XF luggage today.....

Old 11-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 515 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
it's not dying....we have new owners on here just about everyday...and we have had just as many leave because they sold their cars....
It just 'turn over and yes, I am a grouchy ole' man and enjoy it...

Doc,
Your perspective is right on !!
Stick around...we need people like you telling it the way it is....lol

Old 11-15-2012, 08:36 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm staying. I've only had my car for a little over 2 years but I love it, plan on keeping it (old technology or not) and frequent to forum for many reasons, including trolling to help others and see what it anything is new. I know that "news" about mods, upgrades etc. aren't as commom but you never know when something interesting may pop up, expecially from a Newbie. While I'm not a big fan of the political forums, it certainly was engaging at times and it did keep some level of interaction going that is missing now. With that said, even thought I've been a regular on here, I too have benefited from meeting new people, helping kick off our State Crossfire Club, coordinated a charity car show (it is now going to be a yearly event and our first year was unbelievably successful) and am helping to grow awareness of the Crossfire in our area and hopefully going to add to the efforts to preserve them.

Here's to hanging around for many more years.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:44 PM

Nice to see some familiar names, my first post since nightrider passed. The new guys will keep it going but as we said, about jhm2k said about the tires, there's nothing much here to keep discussing such as taillights. Old car, this site now used as reference material rather than vibrant conversations. Seriously, look back at the history at the end and it was in fact the liberal side that stooped to name calling and nastiness, it's true, look it up except you can't because it's gone. But rather than deal with 2 members who did that, it was seen as a detriment to the whole.

Anyway, I'll remain too, still have the car, still love it, but other than when it tosses a code or something there's not a lot to say or talk about. Mark

Old 11-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by PNA
.........Here's to hanging around for many more years.
Cheers to that!!!!

The only way my car is going to leave me is if I wrap it around something solid. Can't sell it, won't give it away, not married so she can't take it, Sorry to say it but... you guys are stuck with me until I am banned
Even then I will still be attending events!

Old 11-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Received 585 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaner
Even then I will still be attending events!
I knew there had to be a downside in your post.
Just kidding mate.

I think these trolls will add some color, the trouble is it will be puke green.

Last edited by onehundred80; 11-16-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I knew there had to be a downside in your post.
Just kidding mate.
If you call me "mate" again Doc might get jealous... and I don't want drama from a guy with a gun...

You two can just stay in that room

Old 11-17-2012, 01:46 AM
Forum Regular

This is a great and necessary place for all of us. I lurked for a couple of months before I decided to make the purchase and I'm glad I bought them when I did. I'm usually on here every other day just to see what people are doing. I think we'll be fine for quite awhile.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:58 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Naw! – Demographics are just changing..

You can try to hold on to the past… You can try to admit it not happening … but it is.

Best to let the new, younger generation of Crossfire Owners have their way.

They’re the future of this forum – The ol’ timers can help out from time-to-time.

But it’s best to let the young bucks run…

Long live the crossfireforum.org….

Old 11-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Received 430 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
Naw! – Demographics are just changing..

Who you calling a Democrat!... Now where is the 'F' key, I need to say something Funny! I'm staying, three years in a club is a record for me, usually thrown out long before that. I must have contributed something pertinent when I first joined, now you all let me hang around because you feel sorry for where I might go. On the topic of sprucing this site some, how about a unofficial game of chance, we can bet bragging rights on newbies who ask the famous 'where does the spare tire go, I have to get one because it didn't come with the car' and the such... Hey, anybody notice the site loading real slow lately? Its all those damn ads, since it is a ad driven site, there should be a level of control that WE can influence since we pay dues. Could there be a paying members section that is unavailable to non-paying members? Just saying... Bring back the political/BS section for those of us who wish to unload some!

There, I said it...

OMG 180, that spell check thingie is FANTASTIC! I just used it for the first time, and man is my keyboard virus bad!

Last edited by GraphiteGhost; 11-18-2012 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Added Info
Old 11-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Forum Regular

I'm staying around too! Great bunch of people and friends who are always willing to help out members whenever you have a problem. Being a female and knowing very little about cars --this site has been instrumental for me. Appreciate everyone's help and having such a great forum. I'm here forever.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Received 585 Likes on 488 Posts

If these trolls keep going then the forum will be dead, I'm going to wait till Tuesday and then sign out I think. Everything is cluttered up and screwed up.
I think CICCI will look better.
See you there?

Old 11-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I have seen this troll thing happen on other forums. It has always gone away when they moved on.
I just don't get the point. I doubt anyone reads the crap or follows any of the links.
It seems like a lot of work for no gain. Perhaps better English would help. Lol

Old 11-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

LMAO....hell this thread is entertaining....or is this innertaning....I don't have spell check....intertaining, outertaining...engraining.........

Old 11-18-2012, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
If these trolls keep going then the forum will be dead, I'm going to wait till Tuesday and then sign out I think. Everything is cluttered up and screwed up.
I think CICCI will look better.
See you there?
Me too 180 .... Altho I won't sign out, will just use this forum for reference. See ya

Old 11-19-2012, 10:28 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Who you calling a Democrat!... Now where is the 'F' key, I need to say something Funny!

Politics??? Jezzz.. open your Internet Browser and you can find all of that crud you want... sunny-side up, over-easy, scrambled, poached, hard-boiled.... anyway you like it.. but that score was settled..... yawn...

Demographics is about facts and data.....

Yes the newbies are buying up the Crossfires.. and yes.. some ask the same ol' questions and try to do the same ol' thing... but the older generations did the same ol' thing once... you know - question the status quo....

And once in while they bust on through.... let's see how these newbies do....

Quick Reply: Is .org dying a slow death?