General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

what the hell,

Old 03-01-2023, 06:13 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts
Default what the hell,

In July of 22, i had a problem swallowing, went to Dr, just a cold she said,, late Aug went to Dr said my jaw is swelling up at night,again ,given antibiotics long story short went to urgent care, same answer so i believed them,, now it is Nov. 22 went to ER again same answer so i thought 14 doctors can't be wrong CAN THEY now on Jan. 10 a lug, big *** lug starting to grow in the left side of my throat again went to Dr she saw this mass and said got a CT that day and we need to get it checked by a ENT ,went to ENT he set up a biopsy which did not happen for 29 days. now they want to biopsy the lymph node because the side of my neck was swollen and hurt got the biopsy Feb.20 and on Feb 27 told it is throat cancer,
every one please don't feel sorry for me cause as most of you know 2004 colon cancer beat it, 2009 prostate cancer beat that, in 2016,,27 heart attacks,Dr said heart super strong ,got 3 stents,,, and the friday they let me out of hospital i went to the track that night. I will beat this ,,,now i put my car on marketplace not because of this as i started my new V8 installation a while back. i now have two (2) srt crossfire one loaded with mods the other loaded with V8 from a 2006 SL55 with 76000 miles on it. i can;t wait to get in a V8 crossfire again. I will beat this but a prayer works wonders. I hope this helps or tells any of you get a second option no matter how small you think something is it just may save your life NOTE in 2004when i had colon cancer ,,,it saved my daughter;s life ,,you see i made everyone in my family get a colonoscopy , my daughter was 20 years years old she had her colonoscopy they found 3 very aggressive and she would be dead by 45 years old today she is great she doesn't like having to get a colonoscopy ever 3 to 4 she kids me when it is time for her to have it done and says can i go take it for her lol jim

Old 03-01-2023, 07:26 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Re: what the hell,

Jim, I wish you all the best for a full recovery. James

The following users liked this post:
JoeO (03-01-2023)
Old 03-01-2023, 10:17 PM
Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by amx1397
In July of 22, i had a problem swallowing, went to Dr, just a cold she said,, late Aug went to Dr said my jaw is swelling up at night,again ,given antibiotics long story short went to urgent care, same answer so i believed them,, now it is Nov. 22 went to ER again same answer so i thought 14 doctors can't be wrong CAN THEY now on Jan. 10 a lug, big *** lug starting to grow in the left side of my throat again went to Dr she saw this mass and said got a CT that day and we need to get it checked by a ENT ,went to ENT he set up a biopsy which did not happen for 29 days. now they want to biopsy the lymph node because the side of my neck was swollen and hurt got the biopsy Feb.20 and on Feb 27 told it is throat cancer,
every one please don't feel sorry for me cause as most of you know 2004 colon cancer beat it, 2009 prostate cancer beat that, in 2016,,27 heart attacks,Dr said heart super strong ,got 3 stents,,, and the friday they let me out of hospital i went to the track that night. I will beat this ,,,now i put my car on marketplace not because of this as i started my new V8 installation a while back. i now have two (2) srt crossfire one loaded with mods the other loaded with V8 from a 2006 SL55 with 76000 miles on it. i can;t wait to get in a V8 crossfire again. I will beat this but a prayer works wonders. I hope this helps or tells any of you get a second option no matter how small you think something is it just may save your life NOTE in 2004when i had colon cancer ,,,it saved my daughter;s life ,,you see i made everyone in my family get a colonoscopy , my daughter was 20 years years old she had her colonoscopy they found 3 very aggressive and she would be dead by 45 years old today she is great she doesn't like having to get a colonoscopy ever 3 to 4 she kids me when it is time for her to have it done and says can i go take it for her lol jim
Jim, Get that V8 finished ! I will keep you in my prayers.

Old 03-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Forum Regular
Received 151 Likes on 116 Posts

- CFK

Old 03-02-2023, 01:02 AM
JSK
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts

Had the same issue a little over 2 years ago, they removed my right tonsil which was cancerous, the surrounding tissue and all the lymph nodes in the right side of my neck. Wasn’t one of the most pleasant things I’ve ever done but it went well and 2 years later I’m still doing fine. Hang in there Jim and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Old 03-02-2023, 07:09 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Wishing you a speedy recovery Jim!

Old 03-02-2023, 09:47 AM
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts

Jim
Praying for the best outcome for you and your family.
Regards,
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 03-02-2023, 10:05 AM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

Best wishes and prayers for a full recovery.

Old 03-02-2023, 01:06 PM
Administrator
Received 886 Likes on 690 Posts

Its not just second opinions. I had to find the RIGHT doctor to get my heart fixed. That meant a six hour drive to another city, a night in a hotel and then see the doc and drive home.
Totally worth it.
Went back in a month, got tests, went back home again.
Drove down the 3rd time in six weeks, had the procedure, came home, been fine over a year now.

Yes, the gas and hotels costs MONEY. Total of five hotel nights and 1800 miles at 25mpg/$4 a gallon - But in the end, it was all worth it. Not all doctors are equal.
I talked to others with my condition and went with the guy that sounded like the right guy. He was.

Old 03-02-2023, 02:23 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Prayers headed your way Jim. Your conviction and fight are what will make the winning difference.

Les

Old 03-02-2023, 02:34 PM

Thanks to all of you for your prayers, i see we all go through hell to get where we want ,,DRIVING A CROSSFIRE oh yes the v8 converted . it use to be the AMX for me cars i really like sorry never been a fan of Chevrolet. Cars are what brings us together, our crossfire family is the best , we get help, we give help I really don't think there is another forum like this one and i have been a member of a bunch of them so thanks again to all of you. ... jim

Old 03-02-2023, 03:39 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Jim, the wonders of modern medicine, you're definitely a survivor.,Good luck with this latest hurdle thrown at you.
JM

Last edited by MI1XFIRE; 03-02-2023 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-02-2023, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by MI1XFIRE
Jim, the wonder of modern medicine...
You can say that again, they used virtual reality to work inside my heart without cutting me open. It involved an MRI image taken the day before, radar antennas stuck to my chest and back (no, really, there were four of them) and two "imaging techs" that ran the equipment while the doctor did the work. Eleven holes in my body but no incision at all.

And cancer treatment is just as hi-tech. I've lost count how many around me have been thru cancer and are doing fine.

MI1XFIRE (03-02-2023)
Old 04-18-2023, 10:31 AM

FIRST LET ME THANK ALL OF YOU, IF YOU DON'T THINK PAYERS DON'T WORK,,,,,,,ASK ME.
with all i have been through these last few months, 14 different doctors ,, last week we went to Moffitt cancer center in Tampa
they down graded my cancer to a stage1 ( was stage 2) and recommend NO SURGERY,, we the wife and I (without her i would not be on this earth today more times than one anyway we saw the Doctors here and they agree radiation with chemo will work just as surgery . the end result will be the same, i will be getting radiation and or chemo every day for 40 to 45 days, still will loose swallowing may need feeding tube ,can't talk but i will live, start treatment next week see u in late May
Oh i got my V8 crossfire will post later today with pictures jim

The following 2 users liked this post by amx1397:
exparamedic (04-18-2023), Ljcollingham (04-19-2023)
Old 04-18-2023, 12:13 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Glad to hear it is working out for you.
Looking forward to hearing more good news from you.
Always enjoy reading and learning from your car posts.
Hang in there!

Old 04-19-2023, 01:44 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I just posted about the V8 car and then I see the tail end of this post! Good to hear of better news!

Old 04-19-2023, 04:40 PM

thank you Tervic

Old 04-20-2023, 07:38 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by amx1397
FIRST LET ME THANK ALL OF YOU, IF YOU DON'T THINK PAYERS DON'T WORK,,,,,,,ASK ME.
with all i have been through these last few months, 14 different doctors ,, last week we went to Moffitt cancer center in Tampa
they down graded my cancer to a stage1 ( was stage 2) and recommend NO SURGERY,, we the wife and I (without her i would not be on this earth today more times than one anyway we saw the Doctors here and they agree radiation with chemo will work just as surgery . the end result will be the same, i will be getting radiation and or chemo every day for 40 to 45 days, still will loose swallowing may need feeding tube ,can't talk but i will live, start treatment next week see u in late May
Oh i got my V8 crossfire will post later today with pictures jim
This is great news! I'm so glad you don't have to have surgery & the cancer can be treated with chemo & radiation. Wife & I will be praying for your treatment plan to yield the results you want.

My father years ago underwent surgery for the removal of a tumor found near his rectum during a colonoscopy. Surgeon made him sign a paper that authorized the removal of his rectum if they thought the cancer couldn't be completely removed without performing that surgical procedure. They ended up having to do that & he came out with a permanent colostomy (1st thing he asked me after surgery as they were taking him to his room from post-op). He underwent chemo & radiation treatments for a few months and was monitored over the following 5-yr period. At that point he was declared "cancer free" and all of us were thrilled with his recovery & prognosis.

MDKEEHN13 (05-09-2023)
Old 04-20-2023, 09:09 AM

thank you dedwards hope shows up in different ways. your story gives me hope thanks jim

Old 04-20-2023, 07:07 PM
Administrator

We are doing better and better against cancer. My dad got throat cancer in the early 90s and my nephew got testicular cancer just before that.

Both were cured, tho my nephew needed chemo and surgery but he's been fine ever since. Dad died six years later - cancer never came back.

Still plenty of reasons to pray...........

MDKEEHN13 (05-09-2023)

Quick Reply: what the hell,