Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

My Butt is Hot! (Seat Heater)

Old 01-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: My Butt is Hot! (Seat Heater)

I think I will just not use mine...that way i won't have to worry about it...lol....besides, at my age, and what I eat, heat near my rearend could be dangerous...

Old 01-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When the seat heaters are working... you'll know! They get very warm to the touch. As I said in a previous thread, my passenger side is working perfectly, when I turn on the passenger side and put my hand on it 2 or 3 minutes later, it's very warm. The bottom and back both heat up. Never did get my drivers side fixed... took to two different interior guys and both could not fix? Chrysler wants $600.00 so I just deal with a cold drivers seat.

Last edited by 1sexyXfire; 01-03-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Against my better judgement, I had to take my car to the dealer to repair a leaking fuel pump so I thought I'd have the bottom seat heater fixed as I am almost out of original warranty. WHAT A MISTAKE. First trip, they confirmed it didn't work and had to order a part. Second trip, after waiting 4 1/2 hours (I was promised it wouldn't take over 3 hours so I didn't mess with a loaner car) they installed the "Fix-it Kit" that didn't fix it. Now they have to order the bottom seat cushion. When I got home, the first thing I noticed was the dumba** tech scratched the heck out of my scuff guard and sill plate. The scuff guard even had several deep gauges and the sill plate was dented. My interior was in perfect showroom new condition before this. Service advisor said he'd talk to the tech and see if they removed the seat. I asked him how they replaced the wiring if they didn't remove the seat. Said he'd order me new parts if it was their fault - he'd call me back. That was last week and guess what? No call. I am not going to let this drop - I didn't buy a $48,000 car for a dumba** to tear it up. But now I am worried what the seat is going to look like when they repair the cushion - or what the paint is going to look like when they pry the scuff guard off to replace it.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly why I'm not letting them touch mine. I've heard more horror stories. My butt can stay cold for all I care.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Forum Regular

Same here. On mine, the seat warms on the drivers side but not the back. Passenger side is fine. I hate anyone touching the car so with these stories, I will pass even though I have the extended warranty.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by SRT-6 Steve
Same here. On mine, the seat warms on the drivers side but not the back. Passenger side is fine. I hate anyone touching the car so with these stories, I will pass even though I have the extended warranty.
Just had my car into local dealer and I have a MaxCare warranty on mine. Took it in to have brake switch replaced (2nd time one has failed). While there, I complained my driver's seat bottom heater wasn't working.

They started on seat; 3 hrs later told me the new seat heater element was "bad", so rather than put whole seat back together and install it, as it would take a couple hours to get another heater element, they gave me a rental car.

I returned the next afternoon -- the new seat heater works (for the first time actually) and the brake switch was replaced. Total cost: $100 -- my deductible -- and that includes the car rental.

Work was well done -- no complaints of any kind.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:54 AM

I can tell you... the Crossfire heated seats have a defect! Way too many people seem to be having the same issue.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MAYAman
I'm not going to get mine fixed. My girl and I like that our backs are toasty warm but butts get hot to fast and then its just uncomfortable.
2nd

My girl uses seat warmers even if its 80 degrees out!