Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

interior mirror

Old 04-21-2012, 05:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior mirror

hi guys and girls, this is my first post on the site and would firstly just like to say what an amazing wealth of knowlege you guys have put together on the site.
i have only had my 2004 xfire for a few months and have to admit it is the best car i have ever owned.
my question is that the interior mirror wobbles when traveling at speed or over bumps. is there any way to sort this or do i have to purchase a new mirror.
i know i have posted on the interior section but the exterior drivers side mirror (uk car right side). is slack as well is there any way to sort this.
any help would be much appreciated.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: interior mirror

I think you have to find a replacement for the interior mirror, don't know about the exterior one.
Make sure you get a 2004 model interior, it is the only year model that auto-dims.

( US 2004 model, maybe UK 2003 ? )

Old 04-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynamo_degs
hi guys and girls, this is my first post on the site and would firstly just like to say what an amazing wealth of knowlege you guys have put together on the site.
i have only had my 2004 xfire for a few months and have to admit it is the best car i have ever owned.
my question is that the interior mirror wobbles when traveling at speed or over bumps. is there any way to sort this or do i have to purchase a new mirror.
i know i have posted on the interior section but the exterior drivers side mirror (uk car right side). is slack as well is there any way to sort this.
any help would be much appreciated.
Do a search and find out how to remove the inside mirror and see whats wrong. I'm assuming it is loose at the swivel point.

The outside mirror is held onto the door with two screws that are accessible by turning the mirror body inwards. If those screws are tight, undo them and take the mirror off. The spring tension area that is unseen on the inside of the door is probably broken, but maybe it's just loose.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

the interior mirror comes off by inserting a 5mm rod in the hole on the back and twisting the mount 90 degree... then it just pops off.... .....

Old 04-21-2012, 05:28 PM

The interior mirror may shake but the fix will depend on what area is loose. Is it the ball and socket between the mirror and base or the spring clip arrangement that holds the base to the part fixed to the glass.

If it's the ball and socket you may require a new mirror. If it's the spring clip that is loose, then that is held by a T-20 Torx screw inside the base.

Removing the mirror is a beetch, putting it back on is a double beetch.

I remembered I have a spare so I looked at it and got the screw size.

Old 10-11-2018, 02:56 PM

Mine has a hole in the front but I do not see a screw...is that the screw you're speaking of...can you share the size...is the hole threaded there or is this screw inside the housing somewhere?

Old 10-11-2018, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by dizzyspots
Mine has a hole in the front but I do not see a screw...is that the screw you're speaking of...can you share the size...is the hole threaded there or is this screw inside the housing somewhere?
What post are you referring to?
You know but we can only guess.

Old 10-11-2018, 03:50 PM

Tightening a loose mirror...I posted before Isaw your answer...the hole is to turn the mirror off its mount then diagnose why its loose...mine is not loose at the "ball joint" , it is loose where it mounts to the windshield

Old 10-11-2018, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by dizzyspots
Tightening a loose mirror...I posted before Isaw your answer...the hole is to turn the mirror off its mount then diagnose why its loose...mine is not loose at the "ball joint" , it is loose where it mounts to the windshield
Is it possible that it was not attached properly? Remove it, inspect for damage and if it is OK try and install it correctly.