New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

My 2004 Crossfire...

Old 06-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2004 Crossfire...

Hi all...

I have a 2004 Crossfire...thinking of moving up to an SRT-6 version...

Mine is all original, cedar leather interior, 6-speed... only 48,600 km...(yes, in CANADA!!)...everything works...including the 'air' and the 'electric spoiler'...

Two new rear tires..wheels professionally re-finished to OEM spec...polished/lacquered...

Drives as new...I love it!

Will have it up for sale soon...looking for the SRT in the meantime! Anybody have any tips as per an SRT-6 version for sale in my area?

Actually, here is the ad I just posted on Toronto's Kijiji site...you can check out the pictures there...

2004 Chrysler Crossfire Limited Coupe - City of Toronto Cars For Sale - Kijiji City of Toronto Canada.

cheers!

James in Toronto

Old 06-14-2013, 10:47 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts
Default Re: My 2004 Crossfire...

Originally Posted by TorontoXfire
Hi all...

I have a 2004 Crossfire...thinking of moving up to an SRT-6 version...

Mine is all original, cedar leather interior, 6-speed... only 48,600 km...(yes, in CANADA!!)...everything works...including the 'air' and the 'electric spoiler'...

Two new rear tires..wheels professionally re-finished to OEM spec...polished/lacquered...

Drives as new...I love it!

Will have it up for sale soon...looking for the SRT in the meantime! Anybody have any tips as per an SRT-6 version for sale in my area?

Actually, here is the ad I just posted on Toronto's Kijiji site...you can check out the pictures there...

2004 Chrysler Crossfire Limited Coupe - City of Toronto Cars For Sale - Kijiji City of Toronto Canada.

cheers!

James in Toronto
We should have about 3 SRT6's and 3 NA's here in Caledon East tomorrow for our BBQ and get together, come on up and meet the locals, and others from Grimsby, Shelburne, Barrie and Toronto.
PM me for address if you want to come, Starts at 11 am and we go to a car show in town at 3 pm.

Old 06-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

Welcome James
Good luck with the search for your SRT6

Old 06-19-2019, 04:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I'm back! (15 years later!)
Still have my six-speed 2004 - now 49,000kms...I had it 'mothballed' for almost 13 years...life was just too busy to do the car justice...The original battery still fired it up until this spring...regularly maintained...Now, I'm wondering what I should be doing to properly 'prep' it for the road again...probably a coolant flush, oil and filter...any other suggestions?
I was thinking of selling it some years back...but, reconsidered that, since there's NOTHING on the road like it! It really gets the looks and it's 15 years young!
The cedar interior is like new...engine bay is immaculate...new rear tires, rims were redone - as noted in my 2013 'last' post!! Air works just fine.
It gets a little warm when idling for more than 15 minutes...electric fan comes on ok...but the temperature gauge looks a bit high...perhaps a stuck thermostat? It doesn't overheat to the point where it boils, though...
Cheers, and hoping to connect with other Etobicoke X-Fire owners...
James

Old 06-19-2019, 12:10 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Re: My 2004 Crossfire...

Wow! Welcome back. Brake fluid replace & bleed, Thermostat w/ coolant change, rear end gear oil, was gas tank full & w/ some stabilizer? (prevents rust), Drain & refill, replace fuel filter? Transmission fluid? TPMS sensors likely kaput.
Good luck!

Old 06-19-2019, 12:31 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by lovecross
Wow! Welcome back. Brake fluid replace & bleed, Thermostat w/ coolant change, rear end gear oil, was gas tank full & w/ some stabilizer? (prevents rust), Drain & refill, replace fuel filter? Transmission fluid? TPMS sensors likely kaput.
Good luck!
The gas tank is aluminum, no rust. Sixteen gallons of gas when full is a lot of gas to get rid of. Rear end oil is better than mine so no need to replace. Fuel filter has seen no action so it should be OK.
New tires, the ones you had have deteriorated a lot, and are not safe at any speed to quote Ralph Nader.

Old 06-19-2019, 12:44 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for that. Good to know about fuel tank.