New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

roof quit working

Old 04-20-2015, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roof quit working

Hi Guys, I am new to the forum and joined because of the great tips for troubleshooting. I just bought a 2005 SRT6 and it worked fine until this past weekend. The roof wont go up and the switch on the console just beeps. Also, I noticed that the central locking won't lock the doors from the switch on the dash but will unlock them. The remote key fob can lock or unlock the car. I also noticed that the interior light by the mirror will not go out even after all the doors are closed. All of these items functioned before an extremely bad rainstorm passed thru my area. Could water have leaked into the car and soaked any of the circuits ?

Old 04-20-2015, 04:08 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: roof quit working

Originally Posted by ANDYT
Could water have leaked into the car and soaked any of the circuits ?
Yes it not only could have but it did!

Start here . . . Read ALL of this / Look at ALL the photos / Get into the right rear well of your trunk area ASAP and get it dried out. If you're VERY LUCKLY you might be able to save the electronics and the central locking pump module that is in there.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post471489

Once you get to this point, come back here and let us know what you found and how you're doing. We'll tell you how to find and repair the leaks that allowed water intrusion into your trunk well.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:45 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Maybe some WD40 to displace water and prevent corrosion on connectors.. ?

Did a little reading on the water subject.. might want to go this route if the modules board got wet.. Looks like long term could end up in more problems down the road..

"if a circuit board gets wet, it seals in anything that is below the surface, hence the comments about cleaning with isopropyl alcohol to get rid of water "

Last edited by Mrmiata; 04-20-2015 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:08 PM
Received 340 Likes on 300 Posts

Don't waste a minute. The sooner you find and clean and dry the better the chance of keepnig it from getting too bad. Also unhook the battery. for now, You don't want power going to wet parts.
Good luck

Old 04-20-2015, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, thank you so much - you were right on. There was water on both sides of the trunk; I was able to remove the module and air dry it as well as the interior of the car. I will wipe it with Isopropyl alcohol as suggested and will resume work tomorrow on reinstalling the module. I disconnected the battery first, of course. Will update once I get further into these repairs.

Thank you all so much again for your time and advice - I greatly appreciate it.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:58 PM
Administrator
Received 880 Likes on 686 Posts

If I ever buy an SRT Roadster, it won't set outside in the rain - it is disturbing how many times we hear about this happening.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:26 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's one of the reasons mine only comes out when it dry. I am fortunate that I have something else as a daily driver.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:36 PM

OK - Glad you dug into the problem quickly . . . After you get everything dried out, you need to clean and refinish the well areas. I used scrubbing bubbles with bleach to clean it up and then sprayed a coating of DupliColor Truck Bed Liner spray on the metal to seal and protect the entire well area.

You should also get a tube of dielectric grease and apply it generously to all the wire harness connectors on your Central Locking Pump module. It's still likely that you'll have to replace the entire pump module but you might get lucky and be able to save it. There is also a black plastic box mounted near the Central Locking Pump module. That is your towing / security module. You need to take that out and dry it out too. Likely will need to be replaced though.

Next you need to seal up the areas that allowed water intrusion into your trunk wells . . . The wing mounting plate area and the wing mounts themselves are the most likely problem areas.

Look here . . .

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post639007

Look here . . .

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post659636

Look here . . .

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post480090

Let us know how you make out . . .

Last edited by RED DOG; 04-20-2015 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:52 PM

So . . . How's your progress??