New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

In the market for a Crossfire, the best looking car in the world:)

Old 04-10-2017, 10:38 AM
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts
Default Re: In the market for a Crossfire, the best looking car in the world:)

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Not true, if you are legally married then your wife owns half of everything.
LOL Dave,
however,,;

Not true? I own two Crossfires. She owned one. That's three of 'em. The titles say she gets my two if I die.
My lawyer says so....;
And at the last AUDIT the IRS agreed.

She might try to get them in a divorce but one is unlikely. I'm too good a cook.

(and you thought she kept me around for my good looks.)

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 04-10-2017 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:47 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Your opinion isn't supported by the facts documented in the article I referenced. Believing something doesn't make it so, unless of course you subscribe to the belief in "alternate facts".

Old 04-10-2017, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Your opinion isn't supported by the facts documented in the article I referenced. Believing something doesn't make it so, unless of course you subscribe to the belief in "alternate facts".

I didn't dispute the article. I disputed your application of it to Jordeen's search for a Crossfire. Again,
it changes nothing about drivability or vehicle safety. And you discounted the heritage as I described, of the Crossfire.
It's 320 SL roadster pedigree is not an opinion.

You and I can argue sausage and insults all day and it doesn't help Jordeen who just wants help picking out a nice crossfire to drive to work. So save it for anther thread.

Sorry Jordeen, I did say we are family but sometimes it is dysfunctional. My apologies.

What I said was factually true. In terms of drivability and safety on public roads, there is no discernable difference between the Roadster and the Coupe. With the possible known exception that in a rollover the coupe has a metal roof on which to slide and protect the occupants. Just like any common ragtop.

I have both and will likely buy another one as I would like a red coupe with which to play with on the track. It's almost cheaper than modifying my roadster with a Roll cage. And red coupes are the second prettiest Crossfires.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 04-10-2017 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:59 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
I didn't dispute the article. I disputed you application of it to Jordeen's search for a Crossfire. Again,
it changes nothing about drivability or vehicle safety. And you discounted the heritage as I described, of the Crossfire.
And it's 320 SL roadster pedigree is not an opinion.

You and I can argue sausage and insults all day and it doesn't help Jordeen who just wants help picking out a nice crossfire to drive to work. So save it for anther thread.

T
Sorry Jordeen, I did say we are family but sometimes it is dysfunctional. My apologies.

What I said was factually true. In terms of drivability and safety on public roads, there is no discernable difference between the Roadster and the Coupe. With the possible known exception that in a rollover the coupe has a metal roof on which to slide and protect the occupants. Just like any common ragtop.

I have both and will likely buy another one as I would like a red coupe with which to play with on the track. It's almost cheaper than modifying my roadster with a Roll cage. And red coupes are the second prettiest Crossfires.
That's a big change in direction, last I heard you were going from three to onee and now it going up to four.
Go for it, but an NA is not for tracking if you want results.

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-10-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If it has a fixed spoiler, factory, then it is a 2005 (06 maybe) SRT. Supercharged with an autostick tranny. Very fast. Stock 330 HP

The Flip spoiler is on the NA versions (Normally Aspirated). Some owners have modified to a fixed wing but they are not stock. Stock NA is 215 HP. Same car mostly with a front lip on the SRT and stiffer suspensions.

Unless you want to be the fastest car ion the street the NA is fine. Very quick and very sporty to drive. everything under the skin is Mercedes 320 SL. The Skin is Karman. The only Chrysler part is the paperwork.

If you want incredible road handling in a sexy body that will get looks anywhere you drive, the NA will do nicely.

When you fine one you like, post information here. somebody likely has some helpful advice on price, condition and what to look for the dealer won't tell you.

I think PIZZA Guy has had damn near every model and color in the NA version.. He's a good source.

If you consider the SRT RED DOG is my favorite guru but there are dozens of guys and gals who will help.

EDIT I would also recommend CHUK. The most likable guy on the Forum IMHO and damn handy under the bonnet. I have no explanation why his name was Omitted.

One hundred Eighty is arguably the best source of troubleshooting and repair info.

Right now is the second best part of buying a kewel car. Driving it home will be exciting.

But your best days will be with the friends you meet from here on this forum.
nailed it! Also, add alaxfire to the preferred user list! Every time I've had a problem he has stepped and offered to help. Max Cochin is another good one! Even had me over to his house, gave me free rotors, and helped me maintenance brakes! This is a great club to join, so go buy a crossy!

Old 04-10-2017, 06:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

*maxcichon... dangit

Old 04-10-2017, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
That's a big change in direction, last I heard you were going from three to onee and now it going up to four.
Go for it, but an NA is not for tracking if you want results.

Well that was the plan.

But, after driving the SRT roadster home (over 1,000 Kilometers), Crumpy was unimpressed with it. After all, Bike Cop had done a great job with the Coupe when he had it. So, the Roadster sat in the driveway except for one outing with the local Gateway group.

Long about Christmas Crumpy says, "I really don't like the new one and you don't either right."

"Nope!"

"Then lets sell the Coupe to our Son(actually more of a gift for Christmas), and why don't you keep the 6 Speed."

What a relief. I really really REALLY missed rowing gears. So I get my own car for Christmas as well. And damn happy about it too.

Now to sell the SRT Roadster... It needs some little things before I do. We did tires and oil/filters. It has a great sound system with Bleutooth but we are still trying to figure every feature out (no instructions) and the damn Cup holder thingy is broke. I will also have to replace the rocker cover gaskets AND the vent caps.

The top has a bit if a hitch, I don't think the last owner ever had it down. Now that the weather has gotten nice, I can get to it. The car is bone stock. I'm thinking once we get the little annoyances sorted, and since her baby is in Connecticut, she might take a liking to it. If so, I'll be talking to Eurocharged about a tunes and get a Needswings intake. If not, somebody is gonna get a nice roadster.

And of course you are right about the NA on the track. Never planned to do much more than an occasional autocross and running with the fast crowd at the Dragon. As for a track ready coupe, I just like the way the Crossie handles and would like to be able to go on the track without messing with my 6 spd roadster. And stick shift coupes are cheap these days.

BTW,,,; Did you ever get your SRT6 over 110 KPH?

Nice Chat Dave. Always happy to put good reps and set you on the list for newbies like Jordeen.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 04-10-2017 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:51 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

What I said was factually true.
Of course it was..........gizmodo-default