New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Too Busy on board

Old 05-22-2017, 08:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too Busy on board

Hey folks,
Too Busy aka Tommy Samuels here.
I just picked up a black on black 2004 base model with 6 speed.

130k on the ODO, seems to be in pretty good shape, so no I get to start going through and replacing wear items with a goal of having a reliable / happy daily driver to 250k or so.

I'm a car nut as a hobby. I've built 3 Locost 7's (Lotus 7 copy) in the past 4 years along with a 63 Morris Mini and refurbishing a tired old D Sports Racer into an SCCA A-Mod Solo / Hillclimb car.

I'll be asking tons of noob questions, so bear with me please.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:16 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Too Busy on board

Originally Posted by Too Busy
Hey folks,

130k on the ODO, seems to be in pretty good shape, so no I get to start going through and replacing wear items with a goal of having a reliable / happy daily driver to 250k or so.

I'm a car nut as a hobby. I've built 3 Locost 7's (Lotus 7 copy) in the past 4 years along with a 63 Morris Mini and refurbishing a tired old D Sports Racer into an SCCA A-Mod Solo / Hillclimb car.

Welcome.
The 2004 model was not a base model, it was the only model made and in 2005 it was called a Limited. The 2004 had an extra feature that no other Crossfire came with and that was the auto dimming rear view mirror. The 2004 came with an auto or a manual transmission. It also had the wiring for the navigation radio, this was not in future models.
Base models and special edition cars were cheaper with less features, you have the top of the line model.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:12 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Hey folks,

Welcome to the forum Tommy !
A mere 15 hour drive for you is the 8'th annual CAA ( Crossfires Across America ) gathering at the end of June in Eureka Springs, Arkansas.
Come join us and meet the other owners !

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...30-2017-a.html

and

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...a-springs.html

Old 05-22-2017, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Welcome.
The 2004 model was not a base model, it was the only model made and in 2005 it was called a Limited. The 2004 had an extra feature that no other Crossfire came with and that was the auto dimming rear view mirror. The 2004 came with an auto or a manual transmission. It also had the wiring for the navigation radio, this was not in future models.
Base models and special edition cars were cheaper with less features, you have the top of the line model.

Good to know! Leather heated seats still work. A/C will freeze you out of the cockpit and it drives very well.
Only things I've noted so far are the BAS/ESP light on and a windshield washer light that comes and goes as I drive.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. This is the place , for all this Crossfire. Enjoy the (s)miles.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:55 AM
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride

Old 05-22-2017, 07:04 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Good to know! Leather heated seats still work. A/C will freeze you out of the cockpit and it drives very well.
Only things I've noted so far are the BAS/ESP light on and a windshield washer light that comes and goes as I drive.
I had the same flickering light and I had to get at the washer fluid tank and clean it out. It was all slimed up in there and that made the float sticky. When the fluid was used up some more the light stayed on all the time.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:33 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

If you can't make CAA8, make SURE you get to the Dragon this fall. About a five hour drive for you.

I'm in North Georgia, we have a very active group over here. You can track us on Facebook as "Crossfires in the South" - that page covers the southeast, primarily.

Welcome. I'm on Crossfire number 3 but never owned one with a solid roof on it, how do you get any sun driving that?

Old 05-22-2017, 07:53 PM

I've had plenty of convertibles in my life. Coupes rarely leak and I've never replaced the top on one.

Old 05-31-2017, 01:58 PM

This is interesting info, I was unaware of my 04 coupe being so special. Learning in the welcome area!

to the OP, welcome, there is a wealth of great info here.