New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Help 😬

Old 05-01-2018, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help 😬

Hello everyone. I bought my first Crossfire yesterday a coupe. Couple of silly problems. If I lock with the remote, I get no audible signal and within a couple of minutes the indicators start flashing...as if the alarm has been tripped, but again, no sound. The dealer had fitted a new battery. I seem to recall another car some years back when this happened after anew battery...any thoughts?
Also, the spoiler doesn’t seem to deploy at 60mph. It operates from the switch.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:01 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Help 😬

Originally Posted by JoJoCarver
Hello everyone. I bought my first Crossfire yesterday a coupe. Couple of silly problems. If I lock with the remote, I get no audible signal and within a couple of minutes the indicators start flashing...as if the alarm has been tripped, but again, no sound. The dealer had fitted a new battery. I seem to recall another car some years back when this happened after anew battery...any thoughts?
Also, the spoiler doesn’t seem to deploy at 60mph. It operates from the switch.
As they came from the factory there was no audible sound, the lights just flashed once or three times. If the lights flash when you say then the alarm siren is probably dead. You can replace it with a siren that beeps, once or three times at the same time the lights flash.
The siren is under the cowl in front of the windshield, disconnecting it would confirm my diagnosis.
One flash for opening and three for locking.
You can forget the new battery causing the problem.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:19 PM

Thankyou, I’ll check in the morning. Any thoughts as to why it may flash after several minutes, as if the alarm had been tripped?

Old 05-01-2018, 06:23 PM

Thankyou, I’ll check in the morning. Any thoughts as to why it may flash after several minutes, as if the alarm had been tripped?
I thought I covered that in my post, you only mentioned the lights flashing after a couple of minutes.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:27 PM

Are you saying that because the siren is possibly faulty, that’s why it looks like the alarm has been tripped? Rather than a fault with the alarm itself?

Old 05-02-2018, 12:15 AM

Are you saying that because the siren is possibly faulty, that’s why it looks like the alarm has been tripped? Rather than a fault with the alarm itself?
Huh!
Unplug the siren.