New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Tires, battery and oil change and anything else ?

Old 03-15-2020, 12:34 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Tires, battery and oil change and anything else ?

Originally Posted by KnightRyder_77
So I have a question when you have time? would you be willing to take some.pics and also.roughly what did that install cost?
I did all the install and build myself.
it is all pretty easy.

Biggest mistake alot make is running the rca cables and / or speaker wires in the same place as power wires going to amps, get noise interference that way.

I have posted several pics on here.
I can try and post some more.

Setting up a system all depends on what you are wanting. And your busget?
alittle more, alot more?
Enough to where you can't hardly hold a conversation or subs moving enough air you can't breathe in the car.

Skar audio has cheap prices they are knock off sundown.
sundown audio is much better but prices are higher.

I never was a big fan of most big name audio, made to cheap and just buying the name, to get quality you have to spend alot.

I like mine on long drives with the windows down and music can drowned out the sound of the air, or if I am getting tired.

Old 03-15-2020, 12:56 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
I did all the install and build myself.
it is all pretty easy.

Biggest mistake alot make is running the rca cables and / or speaker wires in the same place as power wires going to amps, get noise interference that way.

I have posted several pics on here.
I can try and post some more.

Setting up a system all depends on what you are wanting. And your busget?
alittle more, alot more?
Enough to where you can't hardly hold a conversation or subs moving enough air you can't breathe in the car.

Skar audio has cheap prices they are knock off sundown.
sundown audio is much better but prices are higher.

I never was a big fan of most big name audio, made to cheap and just buying the name, to get quality you have to spend alot.

I like mine on long drives with the windows down and music can drowned out the sound of the air, or if I am getting tired.
I am right there with you I dont pay for the big name prices either i currently have 2 4in in doors / 2 6x9 on back side then 2 tweets on my dash. And then running a 2 channel 1500 watt amp...pioneer head unit. All together with install about $800 all together. This time my budget for sound will.be about the same..I like my highs screaming and.my bass deep and strong but clear. If that makes sence. Basically I am.just gonna tell.my sound guy this is what I want and then they do it, yes the person. At one time.not the people now that I am.betting it from. But the other person ran the power wire, and sounds wires side by side as we know that's no good. Ans he definitely did not know what he was doing broke sever interior places. Sad. Anyway sound, wheels and tint is next plan.

Old 03-15-2020, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by twanger
Add a ground strap from the batt to bellhousing per mods here .
do you have a picture to show what you mean on this particular car? Thank you inadvance

Old 03-15-2020, 12:48 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...le-engine.html

Old 03-15-2020, 01:06 PM

I looked over all the parts and set up you have and that really looks and sounds like what I want to do...I am.pretty good mechanical. Have not build any ported or sealed boxes before but willing to try. Thanks for the help.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:32 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

DO NOT miss the link in post 24.

Old 03-16-2020, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Thank you I got it

Old 03-29-2020, 09:16 AM

This ground is for sound system or just general to not drain battery?

Old 03-29-2020, 12:50 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

This ground is for sound system or just general to not drain battery?
Neither.

The dubious arrangement of the factory ground configuration makes a lot of us nervous. You have potentially significant resistance between the battery and engine block.
This has implications for high EMF spikes when the starter motor disengages; with resistance between block and battery, the battery can't do it's needed filtering of power fed to the entire vehicle - this poses risks to every electronic module in the car. A huge storage battery like is in all modern cars acts as a great filter capacitor - but with resistance in series with the battery, that capacitance is depreciated. .

It is poor practice to so-loosely tie the battery thru the chassis to get to the block and it violates the basic filtering premise I talked about above. All three Crossfires I have owned got the mod described in the forum thread BEFORE issues arose.

Old 03-29-2020, 01:01 PM

Neither.

The dubious arrangement of the factory ground configuration makes a lot of us nervous. You have potentially significant resistance between the battery and engine block.
This has implications for high EMF spikes when the starter motor disengages; with resistance between block and battery, the battery can't do it's needed filtering of power fed to the entire vehicle - this poses risks to every electronic module in the car. A huge storage battery like is in all modern cars acts as a great filter capacitor - but with resistance in series with the battery, that capacitance is depreciated. .

It is poor practice to so-loosely tie the battery thru the chassis to get to the block and it violates the basic filtering premise I talked about above. All three Crossfires I have owned got the mod described in the forum thread BEFORE issues arose.
Well I trust all your advice, so I need to get this done. I just got the 3 step seafoam treatment and allready notice a difference. Thanks again for the input.

Old 03-29-2020, 02:53 PM
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts

so I took some pics today of belt. Dont have a stethoscope. But again let it run today for a long time and never got hot or temp raise stayed just below the half line.
I usually inspect the serpentine belt every 6 months. I'm looking for any signs of wear (stress cracks, fraying along belt edge, etc.) that would indicate to me that the belt should be replaced. If & when I change the belt, I'll probably change out the belt tensioner then, too. Even though my car is approaching 13 years old, it only has 24k on the ODO. And both these factors, combined with my driving habits, seemed to have kept the belt in decent shape.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 03-29-2020 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:27 AM

got my gaskets ordered thanks

Old 04-01-2020, 03:13 PM
Received 386 Likes on 333 Posts

got my gaskets ordered thanks

Hi KR, welcome to the forum! What we have hea, is a typical case of 'Thread (or 'POST') Morphing' (not trademarked or copyrighted)! Could you PLEASE use the particular technical forum categories for your issues posted here? This particular one is for welcoming new members, I believe there are forums directly related to your issues. Thank you for your understanding. I'll let any moderator move the appropriate posts to wherever they should be (if one wants too). Have a great day, and be safe from CoVid-19!

Old 04-02-2020, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Hi KR, welcome to the forum! What we have hea, is a typical case of 'Thread (or 'POST') Morphing' (not trademarked or copyrighted)! Could you PLEASE use the particular technical forum categories for your issues posted here? This particular one is for welcoming new members, I believe there are forums directly related to your issues. Thank you for your understanding. I'll let any moderator move the appropriate posts to wherever they should be (if one wants too). Have a great day, and be safe from CoVid-19!

Yes so sorry, and sence then been going to correct forums. Thank you for the tips.