Throttle Body

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Body

Hey I'm new to this whole forum thing and was suggested to visit here from all of the Facebook pages for crossfires. I have recently been in the market for a throttle body upgrade for my 2007 base coupe. I don't really know where to start to look for one that is compatible with my car and also really am not sure of all of the cautions that come with replacing my stock one. All of the advise and recommendations are greatly appreciated!! Thank you everyone!

Old 05-14-2015, 03:55 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Throttle Body

Read this then hit us up with any follow up questions..

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...t=74mm+upgrade

Old 05-14-2015, 10:01 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts
Default Re: Throttle Body

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Read this then hit us up with any follow up questions..

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...t=74mm+upgrade

Follow this guide and pay most particular attention to the 'O' ring between the TB and manifold. Believe me when I say you have to INSURE the NEW 'O' ring does not move out of that groove in the slightest. When I did mine, I test fitted it a number of times until it did not pop loose two times in a row. They will pop loose, and you'll pay the devil trying to figure out what went wrong (luckily I paid attention to the part about making sure it didn't dislodge during assembly, and did those 'test fittings' until I had two in a row that didn't pop out before attaching the 4 screws). My 74mm MOD went without a hitch, take nothing for granted and check, recheck before moving to the next step. A job worth doing, is a job worth doing RIGHT the first time. So, review the suggested post, review it again, and once more. Then make sure you have a new 'O' ring, and that it is correctly positioned before installing the 4 screws. You'll be glad you did. Just my $0.02 worth, Good Luck!