Other Cars The Crossfire isn't the only car out there. Discuss all the others in here.

To xfire or not to xfire that is the question

Old 03-02-2004, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To xfire or not to xfire that is the question

I'm in a quandry on what to buy. The Crossfire caught my eye immediately, the specs look great but then in joining and reading the forum here I worry with all of the technical problems, mainly the tranny. I have put a deposit on a roadster please assure me I'm doing the right thing!

Old 03-02-2004, 03:34 PM
imported_mightyjlr

The tranny issues have only been experienced by a few people, maybe around 3-4 on this forum. I have had no problems with mine, as well as most of the other members. The biggest complaint was the radio display, and Chrysler has already fixed that problem.

Old 03-02-2004, 03:44 PM

Thank you for calming my fears a bit. I think it's mainly a case of the heebeegeebees. I loved the coupe and wanted to wait for the roadster to come out before I made my final decision. April 22nd is my BIG test drive. I can't tell you how excited I am.

Old 03-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Forum Regular

You are making a terrific decision, and I am sure you will be very happy, as all of us owners are!

Have a great test ride!

Old 03-02-2004, 04:49 PM

It is a great decision. Take some pics for us when you get it. We wanna get a good look at that beauty.

Old 03-02-2004, 06:15 PM

No problems with the auto-stick. :P

Old 03-02-2004, 06:26 PM
Default Re: To xfire or not to xfire that is the question

Originally Posted by rabbitroodle
I'm in a quandry on what to buy. The Crossfire caught my eye immediately, the specs look great but then in joining and reading the forum here I worry with all of the technical problems, mainly the tranny. I have put a deposit on a roadster please assure me I'm doing the right thing!
You're doing the right thing. Unless you don't like the constant attention of total strangers coming up to you and saying "Nice car!!", people slowing down on the freeway to get a look, rubbernecker passengers in cars you allow to pass looking back for a look, people giving you the thumbs up on the freeway, stuff like that. And that doesn't even count the sheer fun of driving the damn thing.

Enjoy.

Old 03-03-2004, 01:31 PM

I have been going back and forth between three vehicles. My boyfriend helped me out by purchasing one of my choices two weeks ago. A 350Z. I wasn't even thinking about the Crossfire until I went to check out the Lotus Elise and there was the Crossfire calling out my name. Other than getting a bit scared reading about other's tranny problems, the only other problems are 1) my boyfriend is too tall for the coupe, will he be for the roadster with the top up? Do I care? HA! and 2) making sure my "just learning to drive" daughter doesn't take it out for a joy ride.