Other Cars The Crossfire isn't the only car out there. Discuss all the others in here.

Drove my dream car this afternoon!

Old 01-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Drove my dream car this afternoon!

Well Pat... guess I'm a little late to the party. But, can't wait to see some pics and hopefully check it out person this spring assuming the car show/gathering is still going on near you.
Good luck and Happy New Year

Old 01-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Burtonsville should still be happening just not sure which lot. We have been in the Giant lot but Giant moved across the street where we used to be so we will just have to show up and see. I usually head over on the first warm Sunday morning. As for the Cobra I'm still waiting. I was told Saturday everything is done just waiting for the check but I've heard nothing this week. The car will have to be flat bedded, I'm not driving it in this mess. Salt is everywhere. I'm now hoping we can wrap things up on Saturday. As soon as I get the car I'll be posting pics.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:35 PM

Well that's just awesome Pat!
I take it that means you already traded the Crossfire? If you have any parts laying around I'd be interested... because I know they'll be in perfect shape.

Fingers crossed for you!

Old 01-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

The car will probably go this week. I will have some parts for sale. I just want to make sure the deal is complete and I no longer have the car. I will let you know.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Sorry to get in the way of Mikes thread - Well its done. Car will be flatbedded to my house tomorrow due to road conditions. The roads around here are drenched in salt and salt brine. They will pick up the Crossfire at the same time. I will post some pics hopefully tomorrow evening. Then the side pipes will come off to be ceramic coated in silver, the wheels will be swapped out in February for Halibrand style wheels and that should make for a heck of a nice Cobra. Can't wait for spring!
I will have some Crossfire parts for sale in the next week or two so stay tuned. I have some new Rotex pads, a stock radio, a stock exhaust (from the cats back not including the cats) the stock intake that is custom painted and I'm considering letting the luggage go as well. I also have the stock power steering cooling lines and intake hoses. All will be listed in a week or two.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:50 PM

Congrats Pat on getting it all done. Chasing down a dream is a wonderful thing. I hope to get to see her in person some day.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:34 PM

Awesome Pat! Can't wait to see it!

Old 01-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pat, why are you selling your luggage? Won't it fit in the trunk of the Cobra?
Could be just the ticket you need to sneek that "Snake of a different color" into Carlisle this spring.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 480 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by patpur
I will have some Crossfire parts for sale
I have some new Rotex pads.
Pat, If these are rear axle pads I would like to purchase them.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:46 AM
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by patpur
Sorry to get in the way of Mikes thread - Well its done. Car will be flatbedded to my house tomorrow due to road conditions. The roads around here are drenched in salt and salt brine. They will pick up the Crossfire at the same time. I will post some pics hopefully tomorrow evening. Then the side pipes will come off to be ceramic coated in silver, the wheels will be swapped out in February for Halibrand style wheels and that should make for a heck of a nice Cobra. Can't wait for spring!
Been following this thread. Really glad to hear that you pursued your dream and were in a position to make it happen. That is truly rare these days.

Us 'mature' car enthusiasts have to stick together. Like you, owning a Shelby Cobra is my passion. And like you, I keep watch for Backdraft Racing versions all the time. I think they produce the best version around.

Enjoy the new toy; I mean investment!

Old 01-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

Agree with you 110% on the Backdraft, I actually like them better than the Shelby's and Superperformance. They are my favorite too. You can get a nice roller for 33,900$ and then slip in a crate engine. You can probably do one for low to mid 40's new if you do it yourself. The thought crossed my mind but I got my Cobra for what a roller would have cost, less what I got for my car which they adjusted to 13k and it was a deal I couldn't pass up. There are quite a few Backdrafts on the Cobra Country site. Most are in the upper 40's, 50's which is out of my price range. I decided on this Factory 5 because it has the right look, parts are readily available and they have great customer service. Most people don't know the difference, to them its a Cobra. Cars.com also has a Shelby page so now you know how I got off on this tangent. I hope at some point you can fullfill your dream.
Gary I'll be in touch about the pads, its a complete set that I have never gotten around to putting on the car I just want to get all the loose ends tied up before I start with the parts.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 480 Likes on 333 Posts

Well Pat's dream is now reality !!!!
Follow along now on Pat's new thread....

My Dream Car is now no longer a dream, its in my garage!

Congratulations Pat !!!