Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Advice - Alarm System Prevents Car from Running

Old 06-04-2015, 12:44 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice - Alarm System Prevents Car from Running

Well I guess dealership unable to fix my 2007 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster (14K) miles. It has been at the dealership for over 4 1/2 months. The alarm system automatically shutting down the car and will not run. They consulted with corporate techs, (I initiated the case at the corporate level) but none of their suggestions is working (SKREEM, Power control module replaced) they just don't know what's wrong causing the car to shut down. I was just told that the car if unfixable (they wasted enough time on it Service Mgr said) and Chrysler needs to decide if to send it to another dealer (my extended warranty expires 6/7/2015). My question is if they cannot fix the car, do they have to offer my a "buy out"? I love my car and just wanted it fixed. Are asked if they checked fuse #9, RCM and Crankshaft. Is their a way to deactivate the alarm? Any advice would be appreciated, I am so bummed out.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:58 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts
Default Re: Advice - Alarm System Prevents Car from Running

Originally Posted by autumnmass
Well I guess dealership unable to fix my 2007 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster (14K) miles. It has been at the dealership for over 4 1/2 months. The alarm system automatically shutting down the car and will not run. They consulted with corporate techs, (I initiated the case at the corporate level) but none of their suggestions is working (SKREEM, Power control module replaced) they just don't know what's wrong causing the car to shut down. I was just told that the car if unfixable (they wasted enough time on it Service Mgr said) and Chrysler needs to decide if to send it to another dealer (my extended warranty expires 6/7/2015). My question is if they cannot fix the car, do they have to offer my a "buy out"? I love my car and just wanted it fixed. Are asked if they checked fuse #9, RCM and Crankshaft. Is their a way to deactivate the alarm? Any advice would be appreciated, I am so bummed out.

They are 'wearing' you out. Tell them to buy you out with cash then buy the car back from them for a pittance. I do not know what is wrong with it, but the dealerships are never my choice to go to for assistance. Right now, no one would have an idea what the dealership (so called mechanics) did to the car. In my experiences with dealerships 'in general', they mess up a lot more stuff trying to 'fix' the original problem. If they 'swapped' parts, were they new? Were they 'used' recycled ones that maybe didn't work? It'll take quite the effort to track this one down and I do not envy the tech that may tackle this one. Good luck, and let us know the outcome. BTW, since they couldn't fix it, will you try to recover the cost of that 'extended warranty'?

Old 06-04-2015, 01:15 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks for your input, I am really frustrated, sorry for going on and on. Just needed to vent!

Last edited by autumnmass; 06-04-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you have an update for us? What did they find?

Old 06-30-2015, 08:10 AM
Forum Regular

Update 6/30/15 After 6 months at the dealership car has been fixed -- Alarm system created major problems, PCM replaced, SKREEM Module, transmission control module, etc. air bag problems. One disaster after another. Apparently the SKREEM can burn out other components. Beginning to wonder if this 2007 Roadster is a lemon and now trying to decide to get rid of it (trade it in) or keep. Just worry about anything else going wrong. After I picked it up, noticed that passenger air bag was off, so had to reset it. You would of thought the dealership would have checked car out before returning to customer.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:24 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Update 6/30/15 After 6 months at the dealership car has been fixed -- Alarm system created major problems, PCM replaced, SKREEM Module, transmission control module, etc. air bag problems. One disaster after another. Apparently the SKREEM can burn out other components.
If one thing affected another how come it was blamed on the SKREEM module? If that is somehow true it is possible one of the other units failed and wrecked the other parts. I basically do not trust what dealers say, especially after a fiasco like the one you have described.

My guess is that they changed all the mentioned parts looking for the trouble, somehow cured it and made up this excuse. I would think that the warranty paid for the parts and labor, hence the fictional explanation that warranted such a huge cost.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:56 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
If one thing affected another how come it was blamed on the SKREEM module? If that is somehow true it is possible one of the other units failed and wrecked the other parts. I basically do not trust what dealers say, especially after a fiasco like the one you have described.

My guess is that they changed all the mentioned parts looking for the trouble, somehow cured it and made up this excuse. I would think that the warranty paid for the parts and labor, hence the fictional explanation that warranted such a huge cost.

Along with what 180 said, I have been told by so-called 'mechanics' at dealerships (during bar round buys and overhearing conversations at the next table) that dealerships trade out parts and sell them to others and make a huge amount of money. They are supposed to be returning the parts to someone but on many occasions they just disappear never to be seen again until installed in another car on the sly. Given the history of some bad apples, I would tend to agree to an extent.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Brand new keys or your original? Makes me wonder if the replacement skreem didn't get properly coded to the key.. (it's in the manual about it).. and 6 months later figured that out..

Old 07-02-2015, 10:35 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Along with what 180 said, I have been told by so-called 'mechanics' at dealerships (during bar round buys and overhearing conversations at the next table) that dealerships trade out parts and sell them to others and make a huge amount of money. They are supposed to be returning the parts to someone but on many occasions they just disappear never to be seen again until installed in another car on the sly. Given the history of some bad apples, I would tend to agree to an extent.
That's why I ask for all parts back...