Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Roadster trunk stuck closed.

Old 10-14-2017, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Roadster trunk stuck closed.

Hi, everyone.

My problem is exactly as follows:

My decklid won't open. The top is currently up, and errors (flashing red light) when attempting to put it down. When attempting to lock/unlock the car, it sounds like everything's working properly. However, the exterior trunk handle does nothing; it feels like it's just brushing across something inside.

To manually put the top down, I'd have to be able to get into the trunk, so no dice, there. And in order to use the interior trunk release, I'd have to be able to open the compartment for the convertible top.

I've done a bit of research, and I head it's possible to pop the latch from the outside by removing the licence plate light assemblies, so I've done that... but now what? I've looked inside and felt around, but I'm not seeing anything obvious.

I looked around the forum, but I can't find *how* to open the latch, once you've got the lights off.

Old 10-14-2017, 09:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Roadster trunk stuck closed.

Use search under ,"manual top operations ", post 44.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Steve Jr
Use search under ,"manual top operations ", post 44.
I'll give it a shot with a coat hanger, but *where is the emergency release* that I'm supposed to pull? lol

Old 10-15-2017, 07:47 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Intimacy
I'll give it a shot with a coat hanger, but *where is the emergency release* that I'm supposed to pull? lol
Pizza guy got his open by pushing the trunk lid down hard while someone pressed the trunk open button. Or something like that.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:22 AM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Intimacy
Hi, everyone.

My problem is exactly as follows:

My decklid won't open. The top is currently up, and errors (flashing red light) when attempting to put it down. When attempting to lock/unlock the car, it sounds like everything's working properly. However, the exterior trunk handle does nothing; it feels like it's just brushing across something inside.

To manually put the top down, I'd have to be able to get into the trunk, so no dice, there. And in order to use the interior trunk release, I'd have to be able to open the compartment for the convertible top.

I've done a bit of research, and I head it's possible to pop the latch from the outside by removing the licence plate light assemblies, so I've done that... but now what? I've looked inside and felt around, but I'm not seeing anything obvious.

I looked around the forum, but I can't find *how* to open the latch, once you've got the lights off.
I had the same problem. I hope this helps.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-function.html

Old 10-15-2017, 01:44 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

It sounds to me like your top did not finish the cycle the last time you put it up, so you have an error when you try to put it down AND the electric lock has not unlocked because, again, the cycle is not finished - the TCM thinks you are not done putting the top up, so it has not commanded the electric lock to let go.

Read this thread, POst 73 in particular. Once you get the trunk open, do the lock mod described so you never to thru this again. You can disable the ELECTRIC lock, the pneumatic lock will still work - the electric lock is only for the 30 seconds the top is moving up or down, you don't need it.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-jammed-4.html

THEN, you should be able to turn the key on, (I'd start the car) and put the top up and down manually twice, the TCM will watch what you are doing and "Learn" the positions of all the cylinders. THEN, you should be able to hit he button and it should work fine.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
It sounds to me like your top did not finish the cycle the last time you put it up, so you have an error when you try to put it down AND the electric lock has not unlocked because, again, the cycle is not finished - the TCM thinks you are not done putting the top up, so it has not commanded the electric lock to let go.

Read this thread, POst 73 in particular. Once you get the trunk open, do the lock mod described so you never to thru this again. You can disable the ELECTRIC lock, the pneumatic lock will still work - the electric lock is only for the 30 seconds the top is moving up or down, you don't need it.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-jammed-4.html
The top finished cycling up; it errors when commanded down because the partition in the trunk is not properly aligned. Both sides of the leading edge have to be positioned on the hooks that hold it in place, and there are sensors there to ensure correct placement.

However, the bag in the trunk pushed the partition out of place when the trunk was slammed... which wouldn't be a problem, except that the trunk is stuck.