Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Old 11-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

I just go mine a week or so ago, I have an auto and its like driving a totally different car.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:16 PM
Received 99 Likes on 85 Posts

FP Martinez: I purchased the Sprint Booster from SLKfans and that Sprint Booster I received DID NOT have the bar codes on the box or on the cable. So my question is, did I received a 451A model, as ordered for my SRT6? MMZ had a picture on this posting which provided confirmation of the products he purchased for the group, the 451 and 451A.

FP, you purchased the Sprint Booster from SLKfans and recommended this site to other members. I need the response from you, to confirm that your order DID or DID NOT have the bar codes. How did you determine which Sprint Booster you received, since there are no model numbers on the gray portion of the Sprint Booster.

Regards,

Dennis

DT Menace

Old 11-29-2006, 03:43 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMenace
FP Martinez: I purchased the Sprint Booster from SLKfans and that Sprint Booster I received DID NOT have the bar codes on the box or on the cable. So my question is, did I received a 451A model, as ordered for my SRT6? MMZ had a picture on this posting which provided confirmation of the products he purchased for the group, the 451 and 451A.

FP, you purchased the Sprint Booster from SLKfans and recommended this site to other members. I need the response from you, to confirm that your order DID or DID NOT have the bar codes. How did you determine which Sprint Booster you received, since there are no model numbers on the gray portion of the Sprint Booster.

Regards,

Dennis

DT Menace
DTMenace, I did respond to you. Look a couple of posting back. The one I bought was tagged with the model number, as well as the box. I referred them because they did well by me, and I believe there have been a number of members who bought theirs from them as well. If you have any issues with it, I would recommend to bring it to their attention. They seem to be good folks.
Maybe others who bought their SB from SLKFAN can answer your question as well.

Last edited by FP; 11-29-2006 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by PAULW
Ok the Sprint Boosters arrived late this afternoon so here goes,

#1 - rdotson - Thank you for pioneering this thing and such great instructions for installation. Once again Thank you.

#2 - I have read all the ideas and doubters but all I can say is WOW.
I have reset mine a bunch of times but resetting your computer isn't anywhere close ...

#3 - Thanks to rdotson I installed mine in less than 15 minutes in this order, pictures
are here: https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...ry.php?cat=574

1. Remove the lower nut cap.
2. Remove the 10mm nut.
3. Remove the washer, a magnet helps.
4. Remove the pedal, lift the bottom pulling out and pull it out of the upper bracket.
5. Unplug the tps cable from the sensor.
6. Plug the tps cable into the Sprint Booster.
7. Plug the Sprint Booster cable into the tps sensor.
8. Reinstall the pedal assembly.
9. Go for a test drive, you WILL SMILE !!!

This is a short (maybe long) review and for non believers... OK ...
My car will now bark the tires from a standstill and put you back in the seat and I mean instantly, NO HESITATION, RIGHT NOW!!!
Don't believe it ? Try it, you will believe !
Wow that sure seems like a lot more work than i did, maybe its just because i have small hands or something but i put it in without undoing anything you can just barely reach it and wiggle it loose, plug the booster in and wiggle it back on, presto...took about 3 minutes.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Forum Regular

My husband also put mine in without removing all the parts listed. There was a simpler set of instructions on this very long thread. We followed that...and it was a 5 minute job, if that.

Love the performance I get from this!

Old 11-29-2006, 11:40 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SteveUSMC
Wow that sure seems like a lot more work than i did, maybe its just because i have small hands or something but i put it in without undoing anything you can just barely reach it and wiggle it loose, plug the booster in and wiggle it back on, presto...took about 3 minutes.
you only have to remove two phillips head screws, do a search for it. it's in here somewhere.

Old 11-30-2006, 02:38 AM
Default Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!- ??must have??

Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth.

I received my Sprint Booster today from SLKfans.com.
Communication was excellent. I am in Australia so it took a couple of confirmation emails 'cause my Paypal listed a PO box and they need a street address to deliver. Then I wasn't home when it was delivered so redelivery meant that I got it today. All in all, 17 days from order which I thought was pretty good.

As for the performance itself, my first impression was that it was quite disappointing.

I do like the change of shift pattern- tends to kick down a bit easier.
Acceleration difference isn't all you guys churched it up to be.
I definitely didn't get that "WOW" feeling.
Obviously I'm going to have to drive it some more but I will definitely have to look at getting lower gearing in the diff to help it along a little.

Before anyone says "what do you expect for $300", I know it shouldn't transform the car into a V8 but I'm definitely not going to have to relearn how to drive the car. In my old Chryslers, I would have a similar result by removing the kick down rod from the car, give the knuckle a couple of turns and put it back again.

Yes, I know technology has changed but it seems that the Sprint Booster would work best with other components 'cause on it's own, the difference isn't enough to write home to Mum about. Just my opinion.

Last edited by xfire downunder; 11-30-2006 at 03:20 AM.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveUSMC
Yep... I don't know if I could get my hands in or not but removing one nut and washer was very easy and some did it by removing the panel also. For those not removing either be careful not to pull sideways while unplugging the connector, you could break the TPS.
This little mod has generated a ton of talk, ... works, doesn't work, is to aggressive... so on and so on for over 50 pages.

Thanks rdotson for informing us about the Sprint Booster, this is a great devise and it has been a hoot watching the after effect's.

Old 03-29-2007, 01:50 PM

Has anyone had issues with receiving the SB from slkfans.com? I have tried to contact him through email with no response. I am just curious if I will get the product after sending him $270 through paypal.

Thanks.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:47 PM

I don't know, some have bought from him in the past with good results but lately reports are not good, not shipping and returning money or not answering emails. Here is the latest thread. I hope it helps and I hope you get your SB, you will love it!

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...t=12773&page=6

Old 03-29-2007, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by PAULW
I don't know, some have bought from him in the past with good results but lately reports are not good, not shipping and returning money or not answering emails. Here is the latest thread. I hope it helps and I hope you get your SB, you will love it!
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...t=12773&page=6
Thanks for the info!

Old 04-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I tried to buy one from slkfans.com last month before I sold my XFIREX but my money was refunded in Paypal. Probably he is not selling this product anymore.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:52 AM

Hey Cyril good to see you around. How's your new ride?

Old 04-19-2007, 08:04 PM

Just got my SB from eBay. I guy sells both the 451A and 451. I talked to him last night. He says he doesn't have all his items listed on eBay all the time. But if you e-mail him, and can get one up. His e-mail is sale@partsexporter.com He charges $280 + $20 shipping. Took 8 days from when i ordered to when i received. I recommend this guy. His name on eBay is partsexporter. He just had 3 for sale last week, and they are all sold. so just e-mail him and he can set up more. Have fun.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Romio
Just got my SB from eBay. I guy sells both the 451A and 451. I talked to him last night. He says he doesn't have all his items listed on eBay all the time. But if you e-mail him, and can get one up. His e-mail is sale@partsexporter.com He charges $280 + $20 shipping. Took 8 days from when i ordered to when i received. I recommend this guy. His name on eBay is partsexporter. He just had 3 for sale last week, and they are all sold. so just e-mail him and he can set up more. Have fun.
I Agree, this guy is legit and I got mine a little quicker than you. The "Sprint Booster" received is authentic (Serial Number verified with OEM) yeah I know I'm **** about these things. This guy gets a 10 out of 10 in my book!

Note: Make sure you specify the model you require (BDD 451A) so you do not get the "Soft" Item. Evidently Boulekos Dynamic is now selling a lite version for the Automatic (BDD 451A2).

I myself could not imagine a "lite" version for the Automatic, but this model does fit the MB vehicle too, and maybe they are accustomed to a softer acceleration/shift curve? Who knows? Who Cares? I'm happy with mine!

Cheers,

XfireHammer

Last edited by XFireHammer; 05-03-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:16 PM

Just installed this unit - bought from a board member recently.

I gotta say... I'm not really impressed.

It basically makes it feel like the 1/4 throttle mechanisms they make for motorcycles - Where it only takes 1/4 turn to be wide open. The Crossfire now has the same effect... pressing down on the accellerator only 2-3 inches has the same effect that flooring it used to. And there's nothing left beyond that first 2-3".

It'd be hard for me to judge if it's truly quickened the throttle response... at this point, it just seems like the pedal travel has been shortened electronically. Of course, this would be a benefit at the drag strip, but for day-to-day driving, I can't say this is a must-have item.

I'm going to drive it for a week or so to get used to it and then take it back out. I'll be able to better judge its worthiness then. If I don't miss having it, I'll put it back up for sale.

Old 05-05-2007, 04:27 PM

As the one who started this long-running thread nearly a year ago, I just wanted to say that I continue to be very pleased with the throttle response improvement that one gets with this device. I had not driven a "stock" Xfire for the past year until a friend recently bought a "new" '06 and I had the opportunity to drive it in a side by side comparison with my car. I was impressed - as was he - all over again with the difference in performance with and without the SB... If you can't tell much difference with installation of a SB over your stock car, then something is amiss... IMHO, there is just no other plug-and-play device that gives such return on the modest investment cost of a SprintBooster!

...And, NO, I have no financial interest in these things (darn it!)! In fact, my SB cost me considerably more than everyone else on the forum, as I ordered directly from Athens!

Old 05-06-2007, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by rdotson
If you can't tell much difference with installation of a SB over your stock car, then something is amiss... IMHO, there is just no other plug-and-play device that gives such return on the modest investment cost of a SprintBooster!
Oh, there's definitely a difference. I just think it's not the difference I'm looking for.

Like I said, I'll give it a week or so to be fair, then remove it again to compare.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:31 PM

Well, one day in traffic was enough for me to decide.

If this was just a weekend fun car for me, I'd probably keep it. But I drive the Crossfire daily, often in heavy traffic, and this device really doesn't lend itself well to that environment.

If anybody's looking for one of these, check the For Sale section. I'd like to just get what I paid for it.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by oxycodone
Well, one day in traffic was enough for me to decide.

If this was just a weekend fun car for me, I'd probably keep it. But I drive the Crossfire daily, often in heavy traffic, and this device really doesn't lend itself well to that environment.

If any body's looking for one of these, check the For Sale section. I'd like to just get what I paid for it.
Is it too aggressive? You can acquire a less aggressive model (BDD415A or BDD415A2) that could suit your needs perfectly?

Hey... I'm not a salesman for SB or anything, but if you really want to sell the SB, list the model on this site, and I guarantee someone will buy it.
That is... if did not pay something over $300 for it!

XFH

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!