Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Question For Woody, NI lab view

Old 09-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Question For Woody, NI lab view

Hey woody, are you at all familiar with Nation instruments LabView software? I would like to know more about it, maybe some other forum members have tinkered with it?
It's very advanced software and was thinking of getting a copy from someone on the net. I know NI's has ecu's so it would be good to have the knowledge on their equipment.
http://www.ni.com/

Any help is much appreciated.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:17 AM
Default Re: Question For Woody, NI lab view

http://epics.ecn.purdue.edu/labview/labview.php

Old 09-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Max:

If you are interested in exploring the ECU / PCM software on this car and all Mercedes vehicles, you'll need the original programming software... http://www.etas.com/en/products/inca...e_products.php Unfortunately, it's about $6,500...

Old 09-16-2007, 09:40 AM

I'm not really interested in using oem ecu's due to being such a PITA. I'm more into the hobby of computer electronics and with NI's software and ecu's we're only limited by our imaginations. So you don't have to deal with the secrecy that lies in the auto tuner industry, it's kinda like total freedom with Lab View software.

I was hoping Woody would have some opinion on NI software/equipment, and experience with labview, since he's a big tech guy.

more about labview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzr4EJcaxSo

robot powered by labview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klBjb...elated&search=

Last edited by Maxwell; 09-16-2007 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxwell
I'm not really interested in using oem ecu's due to being such a PITA. I'm more into the hobby of computer electronics and with NI's software and ecu's we're only limited by our imaginations.
That sums up alot of my thoughts on ecu's, but I think the engine in a Crossfire is not the best "test bed" for playing with engines & ECU's. It's construction and material mean it's not going to be forgiving of mistakes.

Apart from an effective TC system other clever bits like ABS, ESP would have to be replicated (huge task), an auto also adds limitations to what can be done easily.

Bit out of touch with NI and Labview, will have to follow the links you posted sometime.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:16 PM

No need to replace the ABS and TC control system, just chuck the computer. NI labview you can write your own program and have it communicate with the TC,brake system. I love this part since we could make our own maps calculating G-force and steering angle as a function of which wheel is being activated for braking around corners, for that all-wheel steering effect. We could also re-tune the fake posi traction to operate a little better than it does, I find it's a bit slow to kick in, but this is what the software could allow us, yet I'm trying to find more people experienced in Labview.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't bet against it being possible but it would need quite a bit of time and effort.

The reason it's all possible is because the signal conditioning required for inputs has either become much more contained in the hardware or possible to carry out in the software - key example being knock sensors where both routes are used.

Connect a MAP / MAS / MAF sensor and you have stable and reliable indication of the inlet airflow total cost about $50? Amazing when you consider the lengths engine designers had to go to get that information 30 or 40 years ago.

Even more amazing the air fuel ratio measurement available now.