Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Modded engine cover to show plaque

Old 11-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Modded engine cover to show plaque, now w/ pic's

Well I've been wanting to do this ever since I put the engine plaque on the supercharger plus when someone wanted to see the supercharger I'd have to pop the engine cover off. Now that I done it I really don't know if I like it, it will probably look a little better when I put something in those two big threaded hole's in the supercharger. GRRR, pic's won't load !!! Tried again this morning (11-27-07) and they still won't load.

Last edited by Steve Hellums; 12-16-2007 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Pic's
Old 11-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Default Re: Modded engine cover to show plaque

Anybody else having trouble loading picture's? I checked the size of the jpg. They were not too big, but I sized them down and tried again and still no luck.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Hellums
Anybody else having trouble loading picture's? I checked the size of the jpg. They were not too big, but I sized them down and tried again and still no luck.
I had the same problem yesterday. I resized the photos from over 1Mb to less than 200 Kb, and that worked for uploading them. Good luck; I want to see your pix!

Old 11-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Forum Regular

Set an account at photobucket.com it's free and you can use the direct link to add photos to your post.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:04 AM

Well I've been wanting to do this ever since I put the engine plaque on the supercharger plus when someone wanted to see the supercharger I'd have to pop the engine cover off. Now that I done it I really don't know if I like it, it will probably look a little better when I put something in those two big threaded hole's in the supercharger. GRRR, pic's won't load !!!
I know what you mean about the 2 holes. I modded my engine cover slightly different to hide them a bit. see pics below:

cross7.jpg

cross8.jpg

Old 11-27-2007, 02:41 AM

Humm, looks like nobody was able to load a pic on this thread, a least all I see are red X's. Does anybody else see just red X's on this thread or is it just me?

Last edited by Steve Hellums; 11-27-2007 at 02:56 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by maxxm
I had the same problem yesterday. I resized the photos from over 1Mb to less than 200 Kb, and that worked for uploading them. Good luck; I want to see your pix!
I reduced the pic's down to 1.7 KB and they still wouldn't load.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by marauderroy
Set an account at photobucket.com it's free and you can use the direct link to add photos to your post.
I tried to load the Photobucket.com page, but my computer here at work will not allow me access to that site. I had some other pic's I wanted to post of opening up the intake tube's, so I tried it in the SRT6 section and they wouldn't load either. My computer at home is still down with a viris that my daughter down loaded for her Myspace page so I can't do it for there either.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:31 AM

I tried to load the Photobucket.com page, but my computer here at work will not allow me access to that site. I had some other pic's I wanted to post of opening up the intake tube's, so I tried it in the SRT6 section and they wouldn't load either. My computer at home is still down with a viris that my daughter down loaded for her Myspace page so I can't do it for there either.
I used Photobucket and I can see them on the forum...maybe it is a firewall issue you have ?

Old 11-27-2007, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by simon-srt6
I used Photobucket and I can see them on the forum...maybe it is a firewall issue you have ?
Yeah, I figured that. We have some monster firewalls here where I work and I'm really not suppost to be on a site like this one, there's a lot of site's I can not access. One of these day's they'll probably fix it where I won't be able to get on the board here. I looked in the Troubleshooting & Suggestions part of the fourm and it looks like I'm not the only one having these issue's.

Old 11-27-2007, 05:54 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, I figured that. We have some monster firewalls here where I work and I'm really not suppost to be on a site like this one, there's a lot of site's I can not access. One of these day's they'll probably fix it where I won't be able to get on the board here. I looked in the Troubleshooting & Suggestions part of the fourm and it looks like I'm not the only one having these issue's.
That's most-likely the problem. Here at Nissan, we're blocked from viewing a lot of stuff as well. Anything linked to a site that is blocked is unable to be seen, i.e. pictures, vids, etc.

Sux... gotta love Big Brother.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
That's most-likely the problem. Here at Nissan, we're blocked from viewing a lot of stuff as well. Anything linked to a site that is blocked is unable to be seen, i.e. pictures, vids, etc.

Sux... gotta love Big Brother.
I just posted some pic's from here at work last week with no problem's. I went to the user attachment part of the forum after trying to load several picture's and the one's that wouldn't load said they were in process, what ever that means. So I just deleted all that said in process. I really think it's the Xfire site that is the problem, I've seen a few other post with red X's and other people complaining about pic's not loading. When I do something on my computer here at work that I'm not allowed to do, I get a big message on my screen and I'm not get one of those.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:24 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

True... anytime we directly visit the site, it comes up with the warning memo. I was referencing the linked material, such as embedded pics.

I've noticed some site-gremlins on here myself the past few days though, so who knows...

Old 11-27-2007, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
True... anytime we directly visit the site, it comes up with the warning memo. I was referencing the linked material, such as embedded pics.

I've noticed some site-gremlins on here myself the past few days though, so who knows...
Yeah those gremlins, the last two day's when opening a thread sometimes it has taken 2 or 3 minute's
I wonder what the total limit is on stored attachments, maybe I've reached my limits. On attachments in the user control panel I got this -
Attachment StatisticsYou are currently using 28.04 MB to store 77 uploaded attachments.
Anybody know what the limit is?

Old 12-14-2007, 04:16 PM

I hate to bring up an old thread, but I finally hooked up with a hosting site since I can't upload pic's as a jepeg or anything else. I had these pic's and figured I'd go ahead and post them. I did figure out something to fill in the S/C holes that were exposed, I done a little work on some chrome lug bolts just to fill them in until I find something better.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Modded engine cover to show plaque

I hate to bring up an old thread, but I finally hooked up with a hosting site since I can't upload pic's as a jepeg or anything else. I had these pic's and figured I'd go ahead and post them. I did figure out something to fill in the S/C holes that were exposed, I done a little work on some chrome lug bolts just to fill them in until I find something better.
Looks great!!!!