Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Experimenting with Toluene

Old 05-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Experimenting with Toluene

i do think i will try the stuff in a weak mix, 10% or less, but nothing more. i'm not shooting for a hp increase (the easy way ), just trying to prevent loss at temps and maybe gain a little mileage too boot. i'm sure i'll know within a day or so if it is working for me after trying. i log alot of miles commuting and watch my mileage very closely. kind of a small fetesh i guess.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cutting corners and trying to make hp with "witches brews", stickers and fart cans will net you nothing but trouble.

Have fun though!

Old 05-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
Cutting corners and trying to make hp with "witches brews", stickers and fart cans will net you nothing but trouble.

Have fun though!
I find it really odd that you put Toluene in the same category as stickers and "fart cans"...

You must be having a really bad day!!

Old 05-07-2008, 10:49 AM

Honestly if you want to make more power stop trying to take shortcuts and use proven methods such as intake, headers, exhaust, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, weight reduction, etc. If there was some sort of magical mix of hardware supply chemicals that would give you any power gains everyone would be using it.

As for the bad day, nope not at all. I am having a dandy day as a matter of fact, lol.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what's the benefits of running an oxidizer?

Old 05-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Life is random...so am I.

I remember back in the day when people were using Aniline to raise the octane level of gas. Surprised nobody's researched that yet.

As I remember, it worked pretty well.

Too bad the stuff's toxic as hell.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:49 PM

I am trying a bottle of dandruff shampoo mixed in my gas to see if it raises octane. If that does not work I will try a mixture of eggs, shoe polish and a ground up squirrel. That might just do the trick!!

Old 05-08-2008, 12:32 AM

well, with the risk of sounding very stupid, i have an idea...
I come from the vortex and audi forums and they seem to love this thing called water/meth injection. You just port your intake manifolds with as many nozzles as you need and the methanol and the water are very cheap. The water absobs a lot of heat and the methanol increases octane level.
of course they were running at least 20psi on small 1.8/2.0L engines and I guess that's why you people never mentioned it... But it could be a good idea for the SRT-6 owners with pulleys who are boosting 20 psi..

Old 05-08-2008, 03:25 AM
Life is random...so am I.

I am trying a bottle of dandruff shampoo mixed in my gas to see if it raises octane. If that does not work I will try a mixture of eggs, shoe polish and a ground up squirrel. That might just do the trick!!
That might work.......just make sure to remove the hair from the squirrel first.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:34 AM
Forum Regular

yeah i got really excited about that until i realized it was mostly for boosted engines. my car's n/a and i don't think i benefit much at all.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by tttosrt6
well, with the risk of sounding very stupid, i have an idea...
I come from the vortex and audi forums and they seem to love this thing called water/meth injection. You just port your intake manifolds with as many nozzles as you need and the methanol and the water are very cheap. The water absobs a lot of heat and the methanol increases octane level.
of course they were running at least 20psi on small 1.8/2.0L engines and I guess that's why you people never mentioned it... But it could be a good idea for the SRT-6 owners with pulleys who are boosting 20 psi..
Actually, I did mention that earlier in the thread and for the past several months since I have been on the site but people would rather raid the hardware store to try and increase performance lol.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:02 AM

Actually, I did mention that earlier in the thread and for the past several months since I have been on the site but people would rather raid the hardware store to try and increase performance lol.
Troll alert!

OK, weirdo. I was set to give you the benefit of the doubt, but now it's pretty clear to me that you're just a jerk.

Your intent in all the posts is to try and insult anyone who is interested in increasing the octane of their fuel. You keep trying to push "Klotz" octane booster as the only way to increase fuel octane when you don't even know what's inside "Klotz".

Then you start lecturing us about using headers, cams, turbos, superchargers, or whatever to boost power. If that isn't a thread hijack, I don't know what is. No one cares about your pontificating when all we are talking about is using Toluene to increase fuel octane. If all I can get is 91 octane, and I'd like to get 94 octane so my car doesn't pull timing on hot days, slapping bolt-ons isn't going to help me. Think before you open your mouth.

Next, you start complaining about how people "didn't listen to you" when you talked about methanol injection. So what, is your beef that nobody picked you up on their shoulders and started to parade you around as an internet hero? How do you know that nobody listened to you? You've got a psychological problem. Maybe you should pick your camera up more and post some photos as your name implies instead of hanging around a place that makes you feel so obviously bad. Grow up.

Thank you, and come again.

Last edited by sonoronos; 05-08-2008 at 07:07 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:11 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know, mrphotoman, has some good info to offer,

Old 05-08-2008, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by sonoronos
Troll alert!

OK, weirdo. I was set to give you the benefit of the doubt, but now it's pretty clear to me that you're just a jerk.

Your intent in all the posts is to try and insult anyone who is interested in increasing the octane of their fuel. You keep trying to push "Klotz" octane booster as the only way to increase fuel octane when you don't even know what's inside "Klotz".

Then you start lecturing us about using headers, cams, turbos, superchargers, or whatever to boost power. If that isn't a thread hijack, I don't know what is. No one cares about your pontificating when all we are talking about is using Toluene to increase fuel octane. If all I can get is 91 octane, and I'd like to get 94 octane so my car doesn't pull timing on hot days, slapping bolt-ons isn't going to help me. Think before you open your mouth.

Next, you start complaining about how people "didn't listen to you" when you talked about methanol injection. So what, is your beef that nobody picked you up on their shoulders and started to parade you around as an internet hero? How do you know that nobody listened to you? You've got a psychological problem. Maybe you should pick your camera up more and post some photos as your name implies instead of hanging around a place that makes you feel so obviously bad. Grow up.

Thank you, and come again.
Actually in my creative sarcastic way I am trying to keep you from wasting your money on silly things like this and direct you into the light and use real mods on your car. Regardless, going from 91 octane to 93 octane is not going to gain you any power on your NA car. It is your money sugar, waste it if you want but I was just trying to help and be fun at the same time.

Just try a mix of catsup, pickle juice and some gutter water to see if that boosts your octane. I am sure the klotz octane booster (you can call klotz or view their MDS sheet online if you want to know more) or you can use silly hardware store ingredients or use stuff out of your refrigerator if you like and do it the backwards way. I am sure it is much more effective than using an actual octane booster that was specifically made for use as an octane booster by a company that makes race fuels and other lubricants for auto and race use. But then again it would be silly to think products specifically designed for automotive use would work in your car.

On that note, go for the catsup, pickle juice and gutter water mix. We all know that will work much better and get you mad tyte fo'shizzle dawg powa yo!

Old 05-08-2008, 08:07 AM

Actually in my creative sarcastic way I am trying to keep you from wasting your money on silly things like this and direct you into the light and use real mods on your car.
Look, honey. What makes you think that I need you to tell me to use "real mods"? How about you take some "real photographs"?

And 91 vs 93 octane does make a difference, especially on a 10:1 compression car.

Next thing I know you'll be telling me that I should be using regular unleaded 89 octane, and premium is just snake oil.

BTW your "catsup/gutter water" joke isn't funny. It's actually kind of creepy.

Last edited by sonoronos; 05-08-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by sonoronos
Look, honey. What makes you think that I need you to tell me to use "real mods"? How about you take some "real photographs"?

And 91 vs 93 octane does make a difference, especially on a 10:1 compression car.

Next thing I know you'll be telling me that I should be using regular unleaded 89 octane, and premium is just snake oil.

BTW your "catsup/gutter water" joke isn't funny. It's actually kind of creepy.
Sorry, I did not know you had a fear of catsup and a fear of water. This link may help with your catsup fear: http://www.drphil.com/messageboard/t...d/45827/#45827

I hope the medication and psychiatric treatment is helping.

As for the 91 to 93 octane on a NA motor, unless your car is tuned for it then no you will not see any power gains. You may see less timing pulled if you have your high 14 or low 15 second monster at the track though but your not actually "making more power" than stock. Of course if you run a lower octane than what your owners manual suggests you will see a drop in power because your car is tuned for 91+ octane. Anything else I can help you with?

OMG, what is that behind you! It is a big bottle of catsup! Hurry, run away and hide before it gets you!!!

BOO!!!!!

Old 05-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Forum Regular

i don't feel as though anybody is being a jerk or what ever. he simply thinks there's better options than this and is pushing what he believes is the better choice. no harm done.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:50 AM

Some people just take the internet too seriously. The internet and these forums are about learning AND about having fun. If the internet means that much to you then I would hate to see how frustrated you are with real life lol.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:52 AM

As for the 91 to 93 octane on a NA motor, unless your car is tuned for it then no you will not see any power gains. You may see less timing pulled if you have your high 14 or low 15 second monster at the track though but your not actually "making more power" than stock.
Thank you, Dr. Obvious.

Of course if you run a lower octane than what your owners manual suggests you will see a drop in power because your car is tuned for 91+ octane. Anything else I can help you with?

Wow, all these posts where you:

1. Tell us that bolt-ons will increase fuel octane.
2. Try to teach us everything we already know
3. Tell us that unless we laugh at your creepy-*** jokes I'm taking life too seriously.
4. Post up pictures of ketchup in a post about increasing fuel octane with Toluene.

And you still haven't said anything that we don't know already.

Admins, lock this thread please.

Last edited by sonoronos; 05-08-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:57 AM

lol, okay, my turn to "hi-jack" the thread here. I have been reading this, and reading the e85 thead, and just had a thought and figured I'd get my turn to get blasted. lol Why couldnt' you just use a gallon or three of the E85, since it would be diluted in the normal non-blended fuel? Wouldn't that raise your octane more than a few points, for even less? Because if you had an 85% mix at a full 16 gallons, if you had 8 gallons of E and 8 gallons of premium non-mixed, it would mean that you had a 42.5% E? and so on? So if you mixed it down to say 2 to 4 gallons of E, wouldn't you be okay, and get a raise in octane rating? or does it not work that way? I am open to all opinions. Thank you in advance

Quick Reply: Experimenting with Toluene