Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Engine Management Light and Relay burnt out

Old 11-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine Management Light and Relay burnt out

Quick Question please, I have read loads on this subject re the relays solder causing the “engine management light” to come on intermittently. Upon checking mine this morning the solder joints were all ok but the relay contacts were badly burnt. I have filed them for now and everything seems to be working fine, as per the below photos, but my question is can you just get one of these relays and re solder it on the board or do you have to get the full block. If so what’s the part number and where can I get one posted to Australia. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:01 PM
Default Re: Engine Management Light and Relay burnt out

Should have added that I reset the fault codes, done a few K, and no new codes have appeared since I filed the contacts. Does anyone recon I need to change the relay (or whole relay block if I can't get just the relay on its own) or will what I have done be ok if no more codes show up.

I can get a new one from the States on eBay for $250 delivered to Oz but don't want to if not needed.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:18 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

I've gotta get a hold of some of these relays! Dave (180) listed info on this here...

LINKY

While you have the RCM out re-look those solder joints. Can't really see how bad they are unless you magnify them.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:25 AM

Thanks useful thread. However do you know where I can buy one because the place suggested wants $60 to ship one to Australia.

Originally Posted by tighed1
I've gotta get a hold of some of these relays! Dave (180) listed info on this here...

LINKY

While you have the RCM out re-look those solder joints. Can't really see how bad they are unless you magnify them.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:48 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I replaced that air pump relay on my RCM, had ordered 12 relays at around $2 each.
They are almost gone now, used one, gave maxchicon some and sent some to onehundred80.
I'll tell ya, it is not for the faint of heart, those suckers are HARD to remove, soldering the new one is easy.

DJ, are you back in the RCM swap business ?
( if not, can I have the spare one I sent you back ? )

Old 11-23-2013, 03:05 PM

Don't suppose you have a couple I could buy off you to send to Oz. The only place I can see who sells them wants $60 postage for one. Or do you know somewhere that will send them to Oz. I have a payPal account if that is any good for payment.

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
I replaced that air pump relay on my RCM, had ordered 12 relays at around $2 each.
They are almost gone now, used one, gave maxchicon some and sent some to onehundred80.
I'll tell ya, it is not for the faint of heart, those suckers are HARD to remove, soldering the new one is easy.

DJ, are you back in the RCM swap business ?
( if not, can I have the spare one I sent you back ? )