Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Finally, 168 MPH!!!!!

Old 01-13-2005, 12:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Finally, 168 MPH!!!!!

This is the kind of stuff I came on this forum to learn about. Keep us informed!
Thanks

Old 01-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no response yet ??????????????

Old 01-13-2005, 07:33 PM

Anything is possible....I'm going on travel for the next 3 weeks in Europe but when I return I'll see if anyone is going to have a problem in demonstrating the mods. I'm not a lawyer (not that I have anything against lawyers, well, maybe against some lawyers) so I would have to make sure that I'm not violating some sort of National Security Sercret....I'll let you know.

Old 01-13-2005, 08:00 PM
Smile Re: Finally, 168 MPH!!!!!

What??? I feel Im smoking drugs reading this thread. If you have modded your car surely there isnt a problem demonstating these mods from a legal standpoint, dont you drive your car on a regular road? (meaning everyone is seeing this secret car :-) , like the stealth in the 80's maybe, its around but not around) surey Dan or someone can just go to the track and clock you? that will prove it very easily or if you dont want to prove it then why post? bragging is so 90's... Anyway back to the joint. :-) smokingggggg.... btw i am just kidding about the drugs, i cannot condone the useof them, no really...

now can someone get a real performance package together we can all buy for a realistic $ per HP.

Last edited by brittt1; 01-13-2005 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-14-2005, 01:50 AM

Does patent infringement mean anything in England? Perhaps you need more barristers (spelling?) to help understand that when you spend someone elses money they get a little sensitive. The mods did not require me to pay a monetary fee, but I did have to sign a non-disclosure agreement. That means whereas I would love to show the details, the details are not mine to show completely.

And yes, I drive the car on the road each and everyday. However, it is not "legal" as non of the mods are CARB certified (that's California Air Resource Board, i.e. smog). Just be patient, the day will come. As far as realistic $ per hp, with quantity the price should come down (remember, $4K is what I think its worth, other may think its worth not as much).

When I get back from Europe, I hope I can more forthright and not so stealth, one of the people I'm seeing over there is MB, who also have a stake in this deal.

Old 01-14-2005, 03:01 PM
Forum Regular

Onfire:
Some times you can't let the cat out of the bag too soon. It probably doesn't hurt to test the waters to see if there is any interest also. Looks like we are interested, so let us know when you have all the bugs worked out.

Old 01-15-2005, 05:14 AM

Thanks for letting me know about this thread X'ed. Sounds interesting. Cams must be involved for sure, just cant see how the 3.2 can wield out that much hp with out FI. Unless our previous idea of a head swap with come H.C.'s has been put into effect combined with an exhaust(full), higher flowing fuel pump and injectors. Be cool to see where this leads.

Old 01-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bullseye
Thanks for letting me know about this thread X'ed. Sounds interesting. Cams must be involved for sure, just cant see how the 3.2 can wield out that much hp with out FI. Unless our previous idea of a head swap with come H.C.'s has been put into effect combined with an exhaust(full), higher flowing fuel pump and injectors. Be cool to see where this leads.
Bullseye:
Yeah, he probably did some cam changes and maybe some valve work plus a few other tuning quirks, but for under $4,000, I can't see much more. Of course we already have FI so I assume you meant super charging. You can't really get to the bottom end for a higher compression with new pistons for that price.
Could possibly be the price of parts only and then the big bucks for installation come in after , however I think Onfire would have mentioned it.
It will be interesting to hear what he is working on.

Old 01-16-2005, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bob G
Bullseye:
Of course we already have FI so I assume you meant super charging. .

Yup I meant FI as in Forced Induction ie supercharger/ turbo.

Old 04-21-2005, 12:34 AM

u can gain compression by reducing chamber size in the heads also by decking them.

Old 04-21-2005, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by ONFIRE
Does patent infringement mean anything in England? Perhaps you need more barristers (spelling?) to help understand that when you spend someone elses money they get a little sensitive. The mods did not require me to pay a monetary fee, but I did have to sign a non-disclosure agreement. That means whereas I would love to show the details, the details are not mine to show completely.

And yes, I drive the car on the road each and everyday. However, it is not "legal" as non of the mods are CARB certified (that's California Air Resource Board, i.e. smog). Just be patient, the day will come. As far as realistic $ per hp, with quantity the price should come down (remember, $4K is what I think its worth, other may think its worth not as much).

When I get back from Europe, I hope I can more forthright and not so stealth, one of the people I'm seeing over there is MB, who also have a stake in this deal.
You are a dreadful tease, good sir, and were I not anxiously awaiting on pins and needles for your next post to see how I can also be such a tease and reach 290hp, I would surely hurl vaguely-worded Tibetan epithets in your general direction, and perhaps gentically-modified trout as well.

I have it on good authority (namely that no one has told me otherwise, so it must be true) that nothing scares the pants off of highly-trained US Air Force fighter pilots like threatening them with vague Tibetan epithets and/or slapping them with fresh-water fish.

Old 04-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Talking Re: Finally, 168 MPH!!!!!

Girlie man!!!!!!

Originally Posted by saldous
You must be mad going that fast! I've not gone over 110mph in mine and that was by mistake.

Old 04-21-2005, 08:11 PM

110 in a car is nothing.

I used to do 100 to 125 in my Mustang on MoPac and Hwy 183 in Austin regularly. Hell, I still sometimes cruise the back roads at 100+ mph on my CRUISER style motorcycle.

TexasReb

Old 04-21-2005, 10:02 PM

actually our cars are very smooth, stable and quiet at 150 try driving the 22 fwy in early early am like 3 @ 130+ its like a race track it acually has banks. these cars are very very capable of high speeds.

Old 04-21-2005, 11:23 PM

Hey Darren!

Yeah... I know. I can't wait to get a crossfire to do the 130 to 150 mph on the open road and maybe some banked freeways.

Has anyone heard of an aftermarket supercharger for the Crossfire yet? I just can't cope with paying Corvette prices (and Corvette HP) for the supercharged crossfire and am hoping to get an equivalent car at a cheaper price.

Oh... one last thing. The new GT Mustang (I know a dime a dozen already on the roads) is 300 HP stock. $4000 aftermarket Paxton supercharger takes it to around 460 HP.... Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! Just wish those damned things weren't at every stop light in town.

Reb

Old 04-22-2005, 02:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been doing 135+ everytime I bring my XFIREX to work...in my mile and a half long straight autobahn strip! It's very solid and very stable...no shakedown...seemed to float a little bit but that's from the road imperfection. Crossfire owners should try driving their XFIRE's to the max to get the experience of speed...here in Texas we have an every Friday night races at the Motorplex where you can test your skills and pump up your adrenaline..win or loss!

With the mustangs...yeah slap some superchargers on it and their engine won't last long ...probably lesser life than the end of their loan term!

Last edited by Cyril Baldwin; 04-22-2005 at 02:32 AM.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:05 PM

I think ONFIRE made some sense talking about getting our Crossfires to put up more HP without internal mods. I figured out that since the SRT-6 cost only 10k more than the Limited with a 115 HP increase...seemed to me that DC didn't really spent much money modding the Limited to get 330 HP! Probably it'll cost them only around 5k and the other 5k in their pocket.

I believe its possible to just snap on a supercharger in our cars without internal mods or else the SRT-6 should have cost more than a 10k difference from our Limited if the mods they make are really intensive!

Old 04-22-2005, 06:33 PM

Now, what hinders our Crossfires from getting a snap-on supercharger? If it's the high compression then maybe we can list down the parts that can make it lower same as SRT-6 then order the SRT-6 version of it through Mopar. Then when the compression is done we buy the same supercharger the SRT-6 has again thru Mopar.

You see, I think DC really didn't spend much to upgrade our Crossfire engine within the 10k bracket because they also upgraded the rims, the seats, ugly wing..etc.... I know some Crossfire owners already figured it out how to do it or maybe SRT-6 technicians should know the difference between the two. Chips for SRT-6 are now available also, so, I can feel that we are really getting very close now with the aftermarket engine mods for our Crossfires!

Old 04-22-2005, 08:47 PM
Cool Re: Finally, 168 MPH!!!!!

Cyril,
ya the srt comp. is 9.0 while ours is 10 there is a cheap way to lower comp is to add an exta set of head gaskets but ..now this is a big but.. need to look at the fitmit of the intake maifold might need to add thicker gaskets there too..if this was a straight 6 this process is much easer..but u know what we might be able to just install it anyway and produce 350-60 hp depends on the bottom end if it could handle the extra pressure..

Old 04-22-2005, 10:07 PM

And how much those gaskets costs? That's why DC still has some budget to improve the SRT-6 interior and wheels if that's the case because those upgrades can be around 3-4k which leaves them 6k to work around the engine mod for more speed (supercharger, intercooler..etc..)!

By the way, I thought ONFIRE sold his Crossfire last October to buy a superduty truck?

Last edited by Cyril Baldwin; 04-22-2005 at 10:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Finally, 168 MPH!!!!!