Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Battery help

Old 04-09-2018, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Battery help

Hello, I’m sure this has been asked but i cant seem to find a thread or post about my crossfire troubles.

I have a 2004 crossfire that has been having battery issues. I have replaced the battery February 2018, and after a few days of the car sitting, the car is dead. I have a sony aftermarket stereo installed, its been in since 6/2015. I don’t have corrosion on the post, and have recently disconnected the negative cable for a cleaning, and to clean around the ground connection area. At times my car key fob wont unlock the doors. I use the key to open the vehicle and i find out I have battery life but the cars silent alarm goes off, and the car wont start. When this happens, i disconnect the negative cable for a minute and reconnect it, this fixes the issues of the alarm being triggered and the car starts as usual. I have had my alternator and starter tested, they both come back with zero issues. Another issues i have encountered is when the car is running at night, the dash lights dim and flicker as if the car wants to die out. Any help would be appreciated, thank you crossfire community!

81,000 miles

Old 04-09-2018, 06:43 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Battery help

Buy a battery voltage - digital monitor that plugs into the lighter and monitor whats up. Ive been saying this for years, they are available for less than 20$ and will let you know whats happening while driving.

You sound like there is a phantom load thats drawing down the battery, back in the day it was the glove box light that no one saw.

Start with the monitor and then its a bit more complex, monitoring the resting current with everything off, need a meter (harbor freight for 6$).

Enjoy, Woody

Old 04-10-2018, 12:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Battery help

This is a long shot , but you refer to your silent alarm. It shouldn't be silent . You might want to check to see it your siren is shorted out.

Old 04-24-2018, 02:04 AM

Woody, I’ve bought the voltage meter! While car is on but not running it’s at 12.4. While running it moves to 14.2. Ive read that is normal battery power. Okay, next up...I was stopped at a light, while keeping an eye on the meter it dipped down to 12.4 and quickly back up to 13.7. The blower came on and that’s when the dip in voltage happened. Is my blower going out? Is this an easy fix?

Old 05-13-2018, 06:28 PM
Default Re: Battery light & Needswings perf improvement

Mr. Waldig: I have a 2005 SRT6. Can you give me some idea of what you think the Needswings air intake did for your performance in real terms. You've really done a lot to your car, and must very knowledgeable. So I thought I would ask you about Needswings and secondly what would be the best bang for the buck. I have true duals, and Eurocharged pulleys and flashing.

I also have similar problem as jtmvp21. Upon acceleration, battery light comes on. Left off and it goes off and stays. I have read that it is the belt slipping. It's a new belt, new battery, new alternator and still have the problem. Would belt dressing help? Or is it some other problem.

Maggy suggests maybe alarm/siren. Since I have had the car in 2010, the alarm/siren chirp, burp, ding whatever, has not worked. Lights flash, but no indication of alarm being set. Could this be the problem? Keep in mind for 8+ years I have never had this problem.

Last edited by gkarr123; 05-13-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:22 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Are ones under $10 that plug into the lighter. I have
this one this one
that does a lot more.