Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Alarm draining battery

Old 04-09-2022, 09:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm draining battery

My 2005 Crossfire Limited Coupe is having a problem with the alarm and I want to disable or remove it. It is draining the battery. The Chrsysller deaer in twon won't work on it and I have read that the alarm cannot be permanently disabled. First, Is that true? and second, if so, do I have to keep a trickle charge on the battery when the car is not being driven?

Old 04-09-2022, 09:46 AM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts
Default Re: Alarm draining battery

All you need to do is remove the cowl in front of the windshield and unplug the siren in the center of the opening. In the search feature at thr top of the page put in "disabling the alarm siren" for info.

Old 04-09-2022, 10:49 AM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts
Default Re: Alarm draining battery

Originally Posted by MichaelMurugan
My 2005 Crossfire Limited Coupe is having a problem with the alarm and I want to disable or remove it. It is draining the battery. The Chrsysller deaer in twon won't work on it and I have read that the alarm cannot be permanently disabled. First, Is that true? and second, if so, do I have to keep a trickle charge on the battery when the car is not being driven?
Who the hell told you the alarm is draining the battery? Anyone who can prove that certainly knows how to disconnect it or they haven't proven the alarm is the problem.

And to be clear, it is the alarm SIREN that most often does this. As ZE already explained - just get in there and disconnect it. But again, I don't see why the person that isolated it to the 'alarm' didn't do this.