Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

p2040 Reductant air pressure High Input/6 other DTC

Old 01-27-2024, 05:44 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default p2040 Reductant air pressure High Input/6 other DTC

Hello guys need some help My car popped some DTC's I have Read them and pulled them and as follows

P2040 Reductant Injection Air Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input

P2076 Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Range/Performance

P2039 Reductant Injection Air Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Input

P2003 Particulate Trap Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 2

P202c Reductant Tank Heater Control Circuit High

P20ce Exhaust Aftertreatment Fuel Injector A Control Circuit High

Only Modification Is a custom Exhaust. When the exhaust was installed from cats Back there were no codes till about 4 months later. It seems this is all related But I want some feedback from you guys concerning this. 124k Miles keep up on all matieneace and run highest and mobil 1. Dont do anything cheap . Any feedback would be great and thank you.

FYI: I do have a lot of Knowledge in Fab/Autobody/Mechanical but in November I was Stabbed about 13 times in my head, chest, ribcage, hands, arms while I was grocery shopping with my sister. I am saying this because the head trauma has left me with some gaps and understanding that just isn't the same. I also got infections and was put in a Medically induced Coma for 2 weeks because of it was in my head. I had about 60 stitches from my Temple across my crown to the back of my HEAD, I LOOKED LIKE I WAS AT LITTLE BIG HORN. SO I JUST NEED HELP TRYING TO UNDERSTAND FIGURE THIS OUT. APRRECIATE THE FORUM AND THE HELP

Last edited by Bkoz412; 01-27-2024 at 05:48 AM.
Old 03-19-2024, 05:05 PM
Default Re: p2040 Reductant air pressure High Input/6 other DTC

Just thought I would let everyone know I did fix each code and know exactly what to do for each one.Saw that people were reading yet not 1 reply so I guess this is were I qualify to be 302'd, answering myself

Old 03-19-2024, 07:22 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 480 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by Bkoz412
Hello guys need some help My car popped some DTC's I have Read them and pulled them and as follows

P2040 Reductant Injection Air Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input

P2076 Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Range/Performance

P2039 Reductant Injection Air Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Input

P2003 Particulate Trap Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 2

P202c Reductant Tank Heater Control Circuit High

P20ce Exhaust Aftertreatment Fuel Injector A Control Circuit High

Only Modification Is a custom Exhaust. When the exhaust was installed from cats Back there were no codes till about 4 months later. It seems this is all related But I want some feedback from you guys concerning this. 124k Miles keep up on all matieneace and run highest and mobil 1. Dont do anything cheap . Any feedback would be great and thank you.

FYI: I do have a lot of Knowledge in Fab/Autobody/Mechanical but in November I was Stabbed about 13 times in my head, chest, rib cage, hands, arms while I was grocery shopping with my sister.
I am saying this because the head trauma has left me with some gaps and understanding that just isn't the same.
I also got infections and was put in a Medically induced Coma for 2 weeks because of it was in my head.
I had about 60 stitches from my Temple across my crown to the back of my HEAD, I LOOKED LIKE I WAS AT LITTLE BIG HORN.
SO I JUST NEED HELP TRYING TO UNDERSTAND FIGURE THIS OUT. APPRECIATE THE FORUM AND THE HELP
I most definitely missed this post and all the codes .....well that's a lot of codes but glad ya got em all fixed.
BUT THE STORY OF YOUR INJURIES.....OMG that's horrible !!!
I'm so sorry to hear all of what happened to you !!
I'm surprised nobody before me responded here but I hope you are OK and getting better still.
Was the one who attacked you caught and sentenced for the brutal attack on you ?
I certainly hope they were !!

Last edited by Valk; 03-19-2024 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-19-2024, 07:32 PM
Forum Regular
Received 311 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Bkoz412
Just thought I would let everyone know I did fix each code and know exactly what to do for each one.Saw that people were reading yet not 1 reply so I guess this is were I qualify to be 302'd, answering myself
I saw your original post, but I didn't know enough about those codes to answer. I didn't want to send you down the wrong path.
I hope you're doing better.

Old 03-19-2024, 07:47 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

I'm not on here as much as I once was, never saw this thread come up before today.

ANYWAY:
I"ve been here since 2009, NONE of those codes have I ever heard of. And I have not a clue what "reductant" system there is on our cars. NOT ONCE in almost fifteen years has this come up in the manual or on the forum.

I have questions for you:
WHAT is the "reductant tank" that the "reductant tank heater" applies to?
What chemical is the system using to reduce what agent or compound?
What code reader did you use?

And WOW what a story! It's sad that such a thing can happen just because you went grocery shopping, but I do not doubt your story one bit; I know what times we are living in.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 03-19-2024 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-19-2024, 10:06 PM

It's all related to NoX system. Rductant tank Heaters are used primarily in dieselds. Some Petrol cars. Crossfire has a system that injects air into the intake as we all know, Secondary Injection system. One of the key factors is this is to make sure the exhaust has all parameters. Those codes will trip when the secondary system is working but not at correct threshold. Even with no O2 Sensor codes and the computer actually reading correct Exhaust Parameters, there was still a mixture off somewhere.

So I attacked the EVAP,EGR first.The hose that comes Off the Intake in the very front that has a hard plastic nipple and it connects to the Manifold Actuator Valve That is where the problem lies. There was a crack in the hard plastic from hot, cold,hot,cold and it was pulling in air. However when there was a negative drag on the system it would run perfect because of the pressure pulling it all together. Than when UP to TEMP it would the have a rough IDLE. I Went ahead and replaced the plastic nipple by drilling it out and tapping and new hole and making a brass fitting and ran a new hose up to the solenoid for the valve actuator. That than cleared the reductant Tank heater codes I than had to get a new solenoid and actuator to clear up the last remaining codes.

I really have to say if anyone has any problems with rough idles stalling out Gotta check those vacuum hoses at different temps and pressure especially the one that leads from under the manifold as well as the one from the Mass Air Flow Sensor to the firewall along the back up to the passenger fender apron These are key especially if everything else in system is correct. I sprayed ether on all lines nothing change did smoke no leaks detected, I did Everything . It was when I found out Reductant means more DIESEL than Petrol but very rarely. Since Mercedes Sells Diesels with exact same computers and certain components. They do not have petrol specific. and diesel specific codes for NoX System.
If the wording was different would of been a lot easier fixing and a lot quicker

You would think that since this is all related to Exhaust and the exhaust gases were correct and no 02 sensor codes were given that there would be no problem with that system.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 03-19-2024 at 10:21 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bkoz412:
exparamedic (03-20-2024), M60A3Driver (03-20-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 02:29 PM
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Hi Bkoz412,
Congratulations on solving your issue. You would happen to have before and after pictures of the repair you made. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. My car is starting to have a rough idle, not too bad at the moment, but I would like to check for cracks in the vacuum fittings and repair them if I find any.
Thanks, sincerely
-Jerry