Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

towing button light flashing

Old 04-09-2024, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default towing button light flashing

I just bought a 2004 crossfire and the blinkers flash for like a minute when I first open it and the towing button light flashes all the time, looking in the book the fob can shut it off but I have no fob,
went to dodge dealer to buy a fob but the discontinued the fob.
Is there any way to shut it off, or am I stuck with another dodge MISTAKE Let me know please.

Old 04-10-2024, 01:44 AM
Forum Regular
Received 311 Likes on 226 Posts
Default Re: towing button light flashing

Originally Posted by Kross fired
I just bought a 2004 crossfire and the blinkers flash for like a minute when I first open it and the towing button light flashes all the time, looking in the book the fob can shut it off but I have no fob,
Is there any way to shut it off, or am I stuck with another dodge MISTAKE Let me know please.
I assume that the key that you have works and the car will run with it?
You can have a fob key made, but you will have to send your key out to have another key made. I don't know if that will solve your problem, but at least you will have a working fob.
As far as I know there are 3 options to have a fob key made. Here are the links:
Needswings
MSS (Mercedes Swap Shop)
Forum member darknezz19

Old 04-10-2024, 01:48 AM
Forum Regular
Received 311 Likes on 226 Posts

Have you tried searching the forum with the search bar?
You can also check here to see if anyone else has had your problem:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...s-repairs.html

Old 04-10-2024, 01:08 PM
Received 188 Likes on 156 Posts

You have a car that has been altered from it's original design! The flashing red light on the tow alarm means that anti tow, and the anti theft system is engaged; Which also explains the flashing "blinkers". I assume you turn the tow rocker switch on and off to no avail.
There is not much help you can get because the car shouldn't start without the FOB and it's ID chip. What has been altered in your car is beyond our knowledge.

Last edited by zip439; 04-10-2024 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-10-2024, 02:17 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

I tend to think that car might have have had the "SKREEM DELETE" done, that, and I suspect the CLP/SSM is water damaged -but it is VERY hard to say, as it sounds like (as you were told above) that the car has been modded or damaged in some way.

I'd just contact the the MSS and see if they can help. I KNOW they can make keys for you, they make keys for Crossfires every day.
Just do not expect the services of the MSS to be free - they provide a service and they charge for that service. IF we could help you for free, we would.