Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Car key wont turn to ON

Old 05-14-2024, 01:37 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Car key wont turn to ON

Hello,

About 8 months back, my Crossfire began making strange electric noises while parked, even without the keys.
I didn't have time to address the issue then, so I disconnected the battery. A couple of months later, when I attempted
to start it again, it briefly cranked before shutting off. Seemed like a SKREEM issue. I didn't take any action after that until now.

Presently, the key is only able to turn to the accessories position and won't turn to ON. Additionally, the air pump(?) in front of the engine
is gradually increasing to full blast while in accessories mode. The steering wheel is locked, and I'm unable to depress the brakes.

I've checked the fuses in the front box, and they all seem fine. I've also inspected the BCM and RCM solder points, which appear to be
in good condition. I've tried shaking the wheel while attempting to turn it with no success. The battery is fully charged and has been tested.

Does anyone have suggestions on what I could try next?

Old 05-14-2024, 02:09 AM
Received 392 Likes on 281 Posts
Default Re: Car key wont turn to ON

Originally Posted by Sixkay
Hello,

About 8 months back, my Crossfire began making strange electric noises while parked, even without the keys.
I didn't have time to address the issue then, so I disconnected the battery. A couple of months later, when I attempted
to start it again, it briefly cranked before shutting off. Seemed like a SKREEM issue. I didn't take any action after that until now.

Presently, the key is only able to turn to the accessories position and won't turn to ON. Additionally, the air pump(?) in front of the engine
is gradually increasing to full blast while in accessories mode. The steering wheel is locked, and I'm unable to depress the brakes.

I've checked the fuses in the front box, and they all seem fine. I've also inspected the BCM and RCM solder points, which appear to be
in good condition. I've tried shaking the wheel while attempting to turn it with no success. The battery is fully charged and has been tested.

Does anyone have suggestions on what I could try next?
More info would be helpful; Year, Model, Transmission type.

The weird noises could have been caused by the alarm siren failing. Try pulling the number 9 fuse located in the fuse box near the brake master cylinder (North American models).
Then disconnect the negative battery cable for 5 minutes. Reconnect and try to start it. If that doesn't work, throw a scanner on it and see what codes are coming up.