TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

How to program your own key. SAVE $$$

Old 02-09-2019, 09:45 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: How to program your own key. SAVE $$$

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Yes, they can laser cut the key - and that will unlock and lock the door, you can even program the lock/unlock buttons to your car.
But you cannot program the RFID chip to your SKREEM, therefore, the car will not start and run.
Why does everyone say the keys are laser cut?
They are cut using a small end mill type of cutter, you can see the machine marks.

Old 02-09-2019, 09:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure but thats what they call it here

Old 02-09-2019, 10:09 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80

Why does everyone say the keys are laser cut?
They are cut using a small end mill type of cutter, you can see the machine marks.
I wanted to agree with at least a LITTLE of what he said!

Old 02-09-2019, 10:11 PM

No need for you to agree with anything i say or do

Old 02-09-2019, 11:22 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Moore2575
Not sure but thats what they call it here
I think that it Is perpetuated by dealers who like to make everthing sound high tech.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:41 PM

I agree lol so it cost more

Old 02-10-2019, 03:55 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi y’all, new owner of ‘04 coupe. Don’t know the difference between base and limited, I assume it’s base.

I’m delving into this key fob issue because it came with 1 key fob and a regular key. I will be ordering a new one from needswings for $600+ (good grief). I have also ordered a new fob case on Ebay because the fob I have is not in good shape. In the search on eBay this key programmer came up. Anyone have any insight on if it will really work for our CF cars? Search for it on eBay to read the full description.

Crossfire key programmer?

Old 02-18-2020, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help with key

I have a 2006 Crossfire SRT. My key broke at the end that goes on your key ring. So I bought a new fob and my husband went to switch it over and broke one and the other one he switched. It won't start, it stalls and I took it to the dealer. They said it has lost it's memory and needs to be reprogrammed. They called today and said they no longer make the key? Now what do I do!! Help!!

Old 02-18-2020, 03:07 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts

I hope you didn't lose the little chip inside. That is what communicates with the screem module. It will not start without that chip. Contact SOS Diagnostics and see if they can help. Did you search on this sight how to replace your key fob? It will show you what I am talking about.

Old 02-18-2020, 04:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Help with key

Sorry ddjenkins, but you MIGHT not be in that bad a position IFFF all the parts from your old working key fob are still around.

As already mentioned there are very good and detailed instructions for how to do the "swap fob bodies" properly available on this Forum site (as well as a few other places on the internet). One of the points in those instructions (the MOST IMPORTANT POINT) is to be very careful with a small chip in a corner of the fob, and make sure it is not broken or lost. Because that chip is mandatory to start and run your Crossfire. It is a sort of RFID transponder chip which has a secret code in it, known only to Daimler, not any Chrysler dealer (or anyone else).

If you find that chip from the old fob - it just must be at the ignition lock cylinder to start the car. A few strategies about how to do that. But please find that little chip!

Old 02-19-2020, 08:39 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by Americium
Hi y’all, new owner of ‘04 coupe. Don’t know the difference between base and limited, I assume it’s base.
In 2004, the initial model year of the Crossfire, there really was only 1 model, which was essentially a Limited Coupe. All 2004 coupe models (no roadsters in 2004) came fully loaded, with only the tires (performance vs. all season) and the Infinity stereo (with or without navigation) being the available options. All the 2004 models are listed as just Chrysler Crossfire Coupes; the terms Base, Limited, Roadster, SRT-6 popping up beginning in 2005.

Old 05-05-2020, 02:03 PM

Tried the procedure but it didn't work . ??
HELP

Old 05-05-2020, 02:12 PM

Tried to program my key but it didn't work . Help

Old 05-05-2020, 03:19 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by iubb1
Tried to program my key but it didn't work . Help
Tried the procedure but it didn't work . ??
HELP

Two posts in 9 minutes? Anyway, are you trying to program your own OEM keys for the car? If so, did you put the batteries in correctly? The procedure is pretty simple, after answering/checking the above, please reread the instructions again? If it works or not please come back and let us know.

Old 05-05-2020, 03:54 PM

Didn't think first post went thru , not good with computer .The car starts but only runs for a sec and shuts down. Just checked , it has no batteries. I thought when I bought the car this key fob was just to unlock doors.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:29 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Didn't think first post went thru , not good with computer .The car starts but only runs for a sec and shuts down. Just checked , it has no batteries. I thought when I bought the car this key fob was just to unlock doors.

Now I'm confused. Thought you were trying to program the FOB to open/arm/lock the car. If it starts and dies, it isn't the FOB.

Old 05-09-2020, 05:33 PM

When I bought the car he told me it was for unlocking car only. But when I talked to him recently he said no he thought it was a good key. He said he would get back to me but hasn't yet.

Old 05-09-2020, 05:58 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Now I'm confused. Thought you were trying to program the FOB to open/arm/lock the car. If it starts and dies, it isn't the FOB.

Actually, it COULD be the fob if the RFID chip is missing, which is possible if the batteries were missing. Perhaps prior owner took it apart and lost the chip ?
No chip would be same symptoms as a bad SKREEM.

Old 05-09-2020, 06:38 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts

Start at square one. Be sure you have the correct batteries for the fob. install them correctly and then try programming. Does the key look as though it has been taken apart or tampered with. These cars will not run without the correct matching key. New keys can no longer be bought. If the key looks like it hasn't been messed with, the batteries are installed properly and you have gone through the programming steps you probably have a big problem on your hands. The next thing to do is disconnect the negative battery terminal for 60 seconds, reattach it and try starting again. Get back with us and let us know if it tries to start three times and then nothing. We will try to advise you from there. You can not start these cars with a key from any other Crossfire.

Old 05-09-2020, 07:12 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply: How to program your own key. SAVE $$$