TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

OBDII conection help!!

Old 01-16-2013, 04:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry OBDII conection help!!

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some much needed help in connecting my laptop to my crossfire. I just purchased a;

ELM327 V1.5 OBD2 OBDII CAN-BUS Diagnostic Interface Scanner USB

I need a detailed tutorial on the steps to connect my crossfire and good software to use. I have head the Xentry software is good to use however I cannot source it from anywhere? I've tried using the software that was provided with the cable, however I cannot connect? I'm fairly proficient with computers so this has really got me stumped Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have had some issues occurring with my baby (no ignition, BAS/ESP light).

Chrysler Crossfire 2006

Help is greatly appreciated!

Old 01-16-2013, 06:00 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: OBDII conection help!!

I actually just started messing with torque, which is an android app that connects to OBDII through bluetooth. I bought the pro version of the app so together everything cost me $30 and it works great!

Here's the adapter I found:
BAFX Products (TM) - ELM 327 Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light and other diagnostics - Android compatible : Amazon.com : Automotive BAFX Products (TM) - ELM 327 Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light and other diagnostics - Android compatible : Amazon.com : Automotive

I haven't had any faults so I can't vouch for how well you can clear codes with the app on the xfire but I took care of my friend's truck and it took 30 seconds. Hope this helps a bit.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:04 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Selbyl
I actually just started messing with torque, which is an android app that connects to OBDII through bluetooth. I bought the pro version of the app so together everything cost me $30 and it works great!

Here's the adapter I found:
BAFX Products (TM) - ELM 327 Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light and other diagnostics - Android compatible : Amazon.com : Automotive

I haven't had any faults so I can't vouch for how well you can clear codes with the app on the xfire but I took care of my friend's truck and it took 30 seconds. Hope this helps a bit.
I was looking at the very same setup Monday night.. just don't have android device..

OP.. guessing it came with the usb driver.. you should at least be able to hook up to OBD.. turn on ignition..plug usb in.. and computer recognize new device installed.. otherwise I'd have to wonder about a bad cable...

Old 01-17-2013, 03:04 AM

The cable is brand new, however the drivers that came with the cable are not ones that auto start and are registry files? I guess that's what you get from buying from China? Do you guys have any suggestions as to what kind of program to use? I cant find a legitimate source for the Xentry software?

If anyone HAS CONNECTED VIA A USB CABLE and can take the time to write me a tutorial that would be greatly apprecited.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:46 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Brand new from China you say? $100 dollar cables for flash tune by Eurocharged (Brand new from China) were bad for several users recently. Just saying...

Let's clarify.. does it say "new device found.. looking for drivers" if not .. you aren't connecting..

Last edited by Mrmiata; 01-17-2013 at 06:53 AM.