Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Wheel options

Old 09-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel options

Hello all, I am a Crossfire n00b. I actually don't own one but my dad has an '04 Coupe. He bought the car brand new back in '04 and loves it to death. I myself find it a descent car, a little under powered, and a bit heavy, but a nice car overall.

Anyway, his stock wheels have taken some curb rash beatings and he has decided he wants some new wheels. I did a search here to find out the stock size/offset of the wheels and for the front they are 18 x 7.5 with a 35mm offset and rear is 19 x 9.5 with a 35mm offset, and both have a 5 x 112 lug pattern. Is that correct?

Secondly, just having somewhat of a hard time finding some good choices with the sizing and lug pattern, can anybody recommend an online retailer with wheels of the same lug pattern?

I found a few nice wheels on www.TireRack.com but for the front they list the wheels as 18 x 8 with the same 35mm offset and the rear as the 19 x 9.5 with a 30mm offset. With 225/40R18 front tires and 255/35R19 for the rear, would he have any rubbing problems?

Thanks for all the help, sorry if everything is already covered in the past, I just want to make sure there wont be any issues with the setup before he orders them.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Default Re: Wheel options

Barely over 3,000 lbs is heavy? This isn't a Honda Civic kid.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:28 PM

Hah, I don't own a Civic and never would. I'm a Mitsubishi guy. I thought they were 3,200 lbs+ but re-checking they are 3,000 lbs, which isn't heavy at all but by no means is it light. I am not knocking Crossfires at all as they are nice cars and are worth more then my Mitsubishi any day of this decade, just not perfect(like any sub-$80,000 car is hah).

I tried my hardest to talk him into getting a Lotus Elise when they first came out but he was dead set on the Crossfire. I know the Elise is probably built like a tin-can compared to the Crossfire, but a super light mid-engine car sounds like so much fun to drive!

Anyway, back on topic.

Old 09-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Make your dad's day... show him the video in this thread HDDP made the day he beat an Elise in a track race. (And he doesn't even own an SRT6).

Enjoy...

On topic, I believe that is the correct stock wheel size, offset and bolt pattern. I have yet to find information otherwise.

You can see the different types of wheels people have tried or are considering in these threads.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=10248

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=11977

Hope that helps...

Old 09-08-2006, 12:13 AM
Forum Regular

Check out my gallery. I have Foose wheels. 19 in front and 20 in the rear. Nitto 555 tires. If you like them send me a pm I may be parting with them.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:22 AM

My goal was also to keep the same size wheels when I was searching. While larger wheels give you a much wider selection, I didn't feel it necessary to buy new tires when mine were barely broken in.

You'll find your choices limited by sticking to original wheel sizes, but that doesn't mean you won't find nice wheels. They're out there. Just take your time and look at everything. I searched every site I came across. Looked at every brand, every style, for months. I also went to all the local dealers and looked at their catalogs before deciding.

The hard part is when you find a few different wheels you like, and wonder how they'll look on your car. Then the decision can become clouded when trying to envision how they'll look on your car.

Good luck with your search. The point being "Search". Take your time and really look. Don't compromise, don't settle.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:37 AM

Yah, I have photoshopped a few different styles on the Crossfire. I've found one wheel on TireRack.com which in the stock size wheel + some Advan tires, ran up to $1,600. Which isn't too terribly bad but its not cheap at all. I am going to do some more research and see if I can find a bigger variety of wheels.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by sethmo
Yah, I have photoshopped a few different styles on the Crossfire. I've found one wheel on TireRack.com which in the stock size wheel + some Advan tires, ran up to $1,600. Which isn't too terribly bad but its not cheap at all. I am going to do some more research and see if I can find a bigger variety of wheels.
It is definitely something you don't want to rush. I know it's difficult to wait, because I wanted wheels right away, but you have to be patient if you want to find the one that just hits you.