Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Which mounting holes for front camber bolts?

Old 09-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Which mounting holes for front camber bolts?

Guys, I need to confirm the install location of the front camber bolts to adjust CAMBER... I know you need two sets if you want to do toe and camber... but do the bolts go in front or back mounts for camber adjustment??

I thought I read it was the back mounting position for camber and front for toe....

I just had my Aero aligned and they put the bolts in the front mounting.... and said they could only get it into the max spec of -1.5 on passenger side and -1.3 on drivers side...

I am getting ready to go back and blast them, but want to be sure I am correct... thanks

(Sorry, posted this in another thread but wasnt sure anyone would see it soon......)

Old 09-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Which mounting holes for front camber bolts?

Rear bolts are the camber FRONT BOLTS ARE TOE.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry ..... rear holes for the camber. You know, they only used one camber bolt on my car. Stock I had positive camber on one side. Now I have close to -2º on both sides. I can't say for sure because it depends on who aligns the car. But I always take the extra bolt just in case and offer it if needed.

Les

Old 09-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Really? I changed all the camber bolts on my car after lowering it and it specs out perfect to factory specs.

When you lower the car you increase negative camber in the rear and increase postivie camber in the front. In the front, I used four bolts (two on each side) to increase negative camber. Toe is adjusted with the tie rods not with the bolts.

In the rear I have the adjustable camber kit.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had mine put in today and mine went in the front for the camber with the washers facing outward from the center for my camber adjustment. The washer depend on what your car needs. The 2nd set in the rear would adjust caster. And the do not get the camber perfect just enough to help. Your settings sound about right very close to what I got on mine. Your toe is not adjusted with these bolts. Thanks to TVT!!!

We removed the rear and tried the same bolts and they did not fit on the backside. Once installed in the rear you could not adjust the camber. Installed in the front holes the camber was adjusted.

If the rear is needed you would think it would adjust caster not toe. Toe should be adjusted by the tie rod end adjusters on the steering linkage.

Posted By: Trobby363
Those should be for the front if this is the part# 05140876AA

Posted By: vinnie@tvt
Bolts should slip right in with the right replacement ones. The washer is what is responsible for the adjustment. Shoot us an email if you have questions.

I have also just sent an E-mail over to TVT again asking on this. Do we need both sets of bolts for a total of 4 or just one set??? I would like to make sure I have this right???

Last edited by Never_satisfied; 09-27-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I guess I should have said I have the maximum negative camber possible in the front for the road courses. I just tell the shop to get the maximum possible on the front and -1º on the rear. With the car lowered I had -2.5º in the rear. The front didn't change. Just to give you an idea how I use the car, I corded the stock tires, the first set of Pilot Sport Cups and the third set of tires may last another track day and I have all of 5200 miles on my car. I use my car as hard as you can imagine and take great care at the same time. I just did the 3rd oil change too. I need more negative camber in the front even with the camber bolts. I'm considering using the uninstalled one even if it means having -3º on one side and only -2º on the other.

Les

Old 09-28-2010, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, This is the E-Mail I received from TVT on this topic:

Glad everything arrived safe. The bolts are installed in the front most part of the lower control arm. They are inserted the same way they are removed. You will need to put the indented part of the washer towards the inside of the car to adjust for positive camber and the opposite for negative.

Hope that helps.

Once again I have E-Mailed TVT to double check so we can get make sure we have the correct info. But I installed mine as he stated in the E-Mail he sent me.

Thanks again to TVT for all the help!!!

2nd E-Mail (Also on a side note TVT has respond super quick to all Of my questions!!!):

The alignment shop is correct. You will only need a set for the rear spot if your caster is way out. The bolts will only correct for +/- .3 degree. If your caster is in spec, then you should be fine.

Thanks again to TVT for the help. I hope this helps everyone

Last edited by Never_satisfied; 09-28-2010 at 02:25 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks very much for double checking...

The car is riding fine and no more minor vibration with the new front tires and 4 wheel alignment...
and the taller spring pads took car of the rubbing and actually improved the ride feel....