WTB - Items/Parts Wanted to Buy - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Need NEW NOS/OEM Driver's Side Door Ledge/sill Window Seal Strip!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 12:16 PM
Forum Regular
Received 84 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Re: Need NEW NOS/OEM Driver's Side Door Ledge/sill Window Seal Strip!

Originally Posted by Sussudio
I replied to your other post but if you see this one first here's the part# for the right side 1707200424. This is the equivalent to Chrysler part # 05161452AA
Actually it is not the equivalent to the Chrysler part number. The dual id for the Chrysler part stars with 193 meaning it is Crossfire specific but the SLK320 part seems to be identical and works fine. It's the same issue with the steering stabilizer, the dual id starts with 193 but the SLK320 steering stabilizer works great. I am not surprised because the parts diagrams are horrible to understand, missing items and some part numbers do not match up especially when it comes to screws and bolts.

Old 07-02-2020, 12:56 PM
KJN
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ronman,
Again my thanks for the specifics!
Kevin

Old 07-22-2020, 01:08 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I received part Mercedes SLK 230 part today (Left: 170-720-03-24) and looking at it, I'm skeptical.

The outer lip seal looks right, though the front angle is a bit different at the mirror with more of a straight edge than a curve; but what concerns me is the back-end portion and how the Crossfire piece seems to be 'liquid' as one single 2-rung piece that connects without separation and serves as the inner seal as well.

Does anyone have any good photos of BOTH the OEM/stock Crossfire Coupe inner weatherstrip and outer belt window weatherstrip out of the car/disassembled? (Part #5161453AA)I Googled-searched for images and could not find a good representation.

Because by just eyeballing it, the inner rubber shroud portion on the Crossfire at the rear that envelopes/sandwiches the glass doesn't look similar at all. The Crossfire piece looks as if it is one integral continuous unit that serves as both the inside and outside seal, forming as two rungs connected at the back end by one mold, rather than one outer, and one inner, as the Mercedes piece appears to be - with that back portion having a broader web of rubber covering the back window surface corner. The Mercedes piece appears to be scalloped out more which would leave more of opening.

Now if the inner is truly a separate piece, then maybe that outer piece doesn't matter, but I just can't see a break or separation point or lip between what is the inner and outer portions of the window seal on the actual Crossfire part - and the anemic line-drawing diagrams as shown below seem to confirm the same, now that I look at the Mercedes piece I received and those drawings of the SLK part vs. the Crossfire diagrams.

That seems to be confirmed, as the parts-diagrams for the Crossfire don't indicate a separate inner seal-strip part number (unless that is included as part of the inner door panel diagrams.)

I don't want to start taking it apart for discovery it's not going to suffice, if what I'm seeing is in fact the case:

THE CROSSFIRE DIAGRAM SEEMS TO SHOW PART #2 AS A SINGLE PIECE THAT SERVES AS BOTH THE INNER AND OUTER SEAL - even though descriptions label it as "outer seal" part #5161453AA - yet in the diagram it seems to have a "slot" where they window goes between, whereas the Mercedes diagram seems to show just one-half of that as 2 parts, #4 and #5 in that diagram:

THE MERCEDES SLK-230 DIAGRAM SEEMS TO SHOW TWO SEPARATE HALVES AS PARTS 4 & 5, AN INNER AND A OUTER SEAL - (PART NUMBER 4 IS THE PIECE I RECEIVED - 170-720-03-24 AND #5 IS 170-690-09-62 .)

===========================

Old 07-22-2020, 01:51 AM

I found these photos online of a right-side Crossfire Window Seal - there seems to be a subtle difference in the rubber "shroud" area between the Crossfire and Mercedes examples, with the Crossfire piece having much more rubber coverage spanning the cross-section of the opening.

Old 07-22-2020, 09:26 AM
Received 552 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by Heli-Cal Blue
I found these photos online of a right-side Crossfire Window Seal - there seems to be a subtle difference in the rubber "shroud" area between the Crossfire and Mercedes examples, with the Crossfire piece having much more rubber coverage spanning the cross-section of the opening.

The part number starts with the numbers 193 which means it was made specifically for the Crossfire.

Old 07-28-2020, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The part number starts with the numbers 193 which means it was made specifically for the Crossfire.
Exactly; I saw that as noted above by Ronman, and instantly came to the same conclusion: "parts starting with 193 meaning it is Crossfire specific."

Back to my search I guess.

I just know, just sure of it, that there are at least one out there collecting dust on a shelf "in the back"... or quite possibly that the CIA, in conjunction with the Illuminati, are hiding a huge crate of OEM/NOS inventory of several hundred left-side window belt seals, at the back of an enormous clandestine warehouse, some 900 feet below the surface of Washington DC National Mall in the exclusive archives only for posterity.

The following users liked this post:
Sussudio (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 04:06 AM

Old 07-28-2020, 11:00 AM
Forum Regular
Received 84 Likes on 72 Posts

[QUOTE=Heli-Cal Blue;945528]Exactly; I saw that as noted above by Ronman, and instantly came to the same conclusion: "parts starting with 193 meaning it is Crossfire specific."

Back to my search I guess.

I just know, just sure of it, that there are at least one out there collecting dust on a shelf "in the back"... or quite possibly that the CIA, in conjunction with the Illuminati, are hiding a huge crate of OEM/NOS inventory of several hundred left-side window belt seals, at the back of an enormous clandestine warehouse, some 900 feet below the surface of Washington DC National Mall in the exclusive archives only for posterity.

PM JSK that is the member that said it worked fine for them.

Old 07-29-2020, 12:45 AM
Received 552 Likes on 464 Posts

Exactly; I saw that as noted above by Ronman, and instantly came to the same conclusion: "parts starting with 193 meaning it is Crossfire specific
Sorry I missed the Ronman post about the 193 number.

Old 09-12-2020, 03:42 AM
Forum Regular
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Have you found the part yet or figured anything else out? Only thing I can think of is finding one at a junkyard that I can actually go and see and pull it off myself. Seems the only way I’ll know if it’s compromised or not.

Old 09-12-2020, 08:29 PM
JSK
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts

These photos are of the SLK320 trim I put on my coupe. The main difference is the MB moulding has a fuzzy strip the rubs the glass. I don’t think used is an option, they don’t live thru being pulled off. I think all things considered this is a good resolution.

Sussudio (09-12-2020)
Old 09-12-2020, 11:09 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JSK

These photos are of the SLK320 trim I put on my coupe. The main difference is the MB moulding has a fuzzy strip the rubs the glass. I don’t think used is an option, they don’t live thru being pulled off. I think all things considered this is a good resolution.
I appreciate the pics. In all honesty it looks better than the XF specific piece. It looks like the SLK piece’s material is more pliable. I’ve found a couple of weatherstripping pieces on Ebay that says they’re used for that specific purpose. I’d rather go this route though. Again thank you for the info. Anything else I should know when putting it on? Or is it pretty straightforward?

Old 09-13-2020, 01:10 AM
KJN
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sussudio,
To install the SLK outer weather strip did you have to take the interior door panel off? Or were you able to cut at the end and pull out the side piece?
as I ask the question I think you most likely took the panel off.. just curious as to how big the job was or wasn’t.
Thanks in advance for your response,
kevin

Old 09-13-2020, 01:46 AM
JSK

Easy install. Just make sure it’s where you want it when you start it into the retainer, if you try to reposition it it gets all f’d out of shape. I had the old one off and on a couple times trying to fix it. No need to remove the door card. I plan to go back and see if I can insert a piece of Rubber or soft hose into the joint between the new moulding and the door gasket.

Old 09-13-2020, 02:33 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KJN
Sussudio,
To install the SLK outer weather strip did you have to take the interior door panel off? Or were you able to cut at the end and pull out the side piece?
as I ask the question I think you most likely took the panel off.. just curious as to how big the job was or wasn’t.
Thanks in advance for your response,
kevin
I haven’t done it yet. That’s why I asked in the previous post on what I should know when doing this. I didn’t want to go in “blindly“ on the situation. I need to take the door apart anyways though as I have a loose screw or something rattling in there causing the door not to close as snug as my passenger side does.

Old 09-13-2020, 03:35 PM
JSK

Originally Posted by Sussudio
I haven’t done it yet. That’s why I asked in the previous post on what I should know when doing this. I didn’t want to go in “blindly“ on the situation. I need to take the door apart anyways though as I have a loose screw or something rattling in there causing the door not to close as snug as my passenger side does.
Sometimes I think I also have a loose screw.

Sussudio (09-15-2020)