CrossfireForum.org
Loading
 
Register Photos FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read vBLiveVendor Directory
- CLICK HERE TO GET RID OF THESE ADS -
Go Back   CrossfireForum.org > Cars > Crossfire Coupe

Welcome to Crossfire Forum!
Welcome to Crossfire Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please
join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2011, 06:12 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 21
Default P0123 Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit High Input


Need your help! I visited Chrysler dealer!And recieved again following mistake! P0123!No mistake in transmission!
Whan I reach kick down point my car goes into save mode and check engine like come out.Only whan I reach kick down. Turn of and start my car and everything fine again till I reach kick down.
I change the whole pedal with two sensors but it does not helped me.
Realy need your recomendations!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Chris2806126's Avatar  
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Mexico
Age: 64
Posts: 69
Default Re: P0123 Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit High Input


Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBoy007
Need your help! I visited Chrysler dealer!And recieved again following mistake! P0123!No mistake in transmission!
Whan I reach kick down point my car goes into save mode and check engine like come out.Only whan I reach kick down. Turn of and start my car and everything fine again till I reach kick down.
I change the whole pedal with two sensors but it does not helped me.
Realy need your recomendations!
Check on line, P0123 code is for the Throttle Position Sensor, not the Petal sensor. Might check the connections at the throtle body on the engine or the connectors in the computer area. could be the TPS on the throtle body itself also.


2004 coupe 6-speed #16821 Blaze Red
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Chris2806126's Avatar  
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Mexico
Age: 64
Posts: 69
Default Re: P0123 Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit High Input


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris2806126
Check on line, P0123 code is for the Throttle Position Sensor, not the Petal sensor. Might check the connections at the throtle body on the engine or the connectors in the computer area. could be the TPS on the throtle body itself also.

The TPS can not be replaced seperately. It is part of the throttle body. i attached pages from the service manual.

Chris
Throttle body.pdf

Throttle body Part Number.pdf


2004 coupe 6-speed #16821 Blaze Red
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2011, 05:23 PM
waldig's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 3,967
Talking Re: P0123 Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit High Input


This is a bitchhie problem, I have had it and cleaned the TPS to no avail. Found that one brand of throttle booster caused it ( Velocity). Had to stop using it.

Took pedal apart too and got no improvement, it happens when your WOT for about 2 seconds, not less. Car is going into a limp mode till you shut it off.......Bummer.

The dual throttle sensors are differential, one goes up, other goes down and computer compares them, more throttle more error is POTENTIAL>.

Id re connect all connectors and do a throttle reset. Go out and drive and be in third gear for example and slowly go WOT. Note the time that the throttle is on the floor and see if it is about 2 seconds or maybe not and report back. There two sets of sensors. One in the TB and one in the pedal, either can cause issue.

It would be nice to have a car to swap with to check the parts so as to determine "which end of the snake has the tail.." In the army they taught me how to kill snakes in survival, simply cut off the tail and the snake is rendered harmless immediatley.

Woody


Pro Bono Designer of NEEDSWINGS:
Dual throttle body induction system!
DUAL CAI // Super Cooler H/E
Pulley Saver (s) // OIL separator
F/A controller for WOT
// 180 degree Tstat
Ported Manifold & Intake - installed and in tested 8/1/09
CAI Hood with inverted scoops and
Lowered seat & 5 point belt // posi rear
Sprint Booster + 185 Euro pulley
Gasket matched intake / heads
Intercooler investigation redesign
RWHP 349 @ last dyno / 12.518 / 111.08 @12.7:1 F/A
8.075 / 87.48
[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-16-2011, 01:24 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 21
Default Re: P0123 Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit High Input


Realy thank you Woody! I change the whole pedal with 2 sensors on it! So it is not a pedal! What we have is a TPS am i write? Will it be possible to change it without changing the whole throttle body? And it is realy intersing I see that 96% of limp home mode happens to me in the morning whan I go to work and reach kick down- each day!In the evening I can reach 100 times and everything is good! I see this tendency within 2 weeks
Best regards,
Steven
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-16-2011, 01:29 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 21
Default P0123 Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit High Input


And also I can stay on parking without driving and reach kick down for less than 1 second and it happens! On on the question more or less than two seconds I can answer 100% leass than one second. I just reach kick down wether I drive or stay less or more than for 1 seconds it does not metter but it happens.
Hope to hier you soon.
Steven
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-16-2011, 08:41 AM
onehundred80's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Caledon, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 13,537
Default Re: P0123 Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit High Input


Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBoy007
Realy thank you Woody! I change the whole pedal with 2 sensors on it! So it is not a pedal! What we have is a TPS am i write? Will it be possible to change it without changing the whole throttle body? And it is realy intersing I see that 96% of limp home mode happens to me in the morning whan I go to work and reach kick down- each day!In the evening I can reach 100 times and everything is good! I see this tendency within 2 weeks
Best regards,
Steven
Diagnosis, your car does not like going to work.
Valve body/plate problem?


Crossfire Manuals and How To Fix your car.

Sitting in my garage.
2005 SRT6
1966 Rustang
2012 Honda lawn mower (21")
2013 Toro snow blower (24")
1993 MTM Chipper shredder (5HP)
1998 Weed Eater (30cc -18")
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-16-2011, 09:37 AM
AlG AlG is offline
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Merrick, NY
Age: 60
Posts: 538
Send a message via AIM to AlG
Default Re: P0123 Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit High Input


I'm thinking that this is more of a trans problem since it happens when he's trying to get the car into a lower gear. Maybe a loose vacuum line or bad sensor in the trans.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2014, 01:10 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 31
Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by waldig View Post
This is a bitchhie problem, I have had it and cleaned the TPS to no avail. Found that one brand of throttle booster caused it ( Velocity). Had to stop using it.

Took pedal apart too and got no improvement, it happens when your WOT for about 2 seconds, not less. Car is going into a limp mode till you shut it off.......Bummer.

The dual throttle sensors are differential, one goes up, other goes down and computer compares them, more throttle more error is POTENTIAL>.

Id re connect all connectors and do a throttle reset. Go out and drive and be in third gear for example and slowly go WOT. Note the time that the throttle is on the floor and see if it is about 2 seconds or maybe not and report back. There two sets of sensors. One in the TB and one in the pedal, either can cause issue.

It would be nice to have a car to swap with to check the parts so as to determine "which end of the snake has the tail.." In the army they taught me how to kill snakes in survival, simply cut off the tail and the snake is rendered harmless immediatley.

Woody
Curious to know if this was resolved?

Just got a code P0123 on my XF as well yesterday. A truck almost ran me off the road so I slammed on the gas, car didn't accelerate as fast as it normally does. Then the pedal was unresponsive. The CEL was already on for a P0455 evap leak so I didn't see when in time the P0123 came in.

I took the first exit. Car hardly moved in the parking lot when going through. Parked. Scanned the code, cleared it. Waited a bit and then it drove home fine the next hour. No problems since. This was yesterday. Curious to know what it might be?

Eric
Reply With Quote
 
Old 01-26-2014, 01:10 PM
Advertisement
Default


 
 
 
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 PM.




Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2