Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

roadster top issue

Old 04-29-2014, 03:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default roadster top issue

Has anyone other than 2005 owners had any success with getting their tops replaced because of the glass failure issue from Chrysler, or their local area service manager at Chrysler?

Old 04-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts
Default Re: roadster top issue

You have been a member since 2008 and you are asking this question?

Didn't ya see the ENDLESS threads on this? Many have had success - did you get the "100,000 mile/10 year" letter from Chrysler?
My guess is, you didn't (I got the letter on both of mine) - and if you didn't get the letter, it means you don't matter to Chrysler because your car was sold, originally, in a cold climate - therefore you don't deserve a warranty.

Ready to buy another Chrysler product now?

Old 04-29-2014, 07:14 PM

Never got a letter, my window developed the problem recently. I am waiting for a response from the south Louisiana area service manager. Obviously I am hoping to get the roof . My car is an 06, and sure Chrysler is going to drag their feet on this issue.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:38 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

It was my understanding that the warrany applied only to 05's as they corrected the issue in 06.

So........... now we know THAT is NOT the case.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Re: roadster top issue

Originally Posted by cajunxfire
Has anyone other than 2005 owners had any success with getting their tops replaced because of the glass failure issue from Chrysler, or their local area service manager at Chrysler?
Mrs. & I have been following this on the Forum many years, saw a few '06 owners post w/problem & questions, but never saw if they were helped by Co.. TSB from Oct/2011 specifies 2005 model year but it would seem likely that later cars were affected also because the detached windows (we think) started to occur in'08 & '09. Tops most likely came from same European source (Germany) and any change in manufacturing process during that time period seems highly unlikely. Climate has never been a legitimate explanation (Arizona, South Calif. don't have heat??) and Chrysler has Never put Any explanation in writing (Official) because they Know they can't back it up and climate does not simply change when you cross a State borderline! Many people got the extra Warranty even though their car was moved out of the "RIGHT STATE"! Not all are southeast coast, ex: Missouri, Tennessee & most of Texas! Also Chrysler helped some in "wrong States" for all or most of the cost. What a great American(?) Company!?!

Old 05-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Forum Regular
Thumbs down Re: roadster top issue

Originally Posted by cajunxfire
Mrs. & I have been following this on the Forum many years, saw a few '06 owners post w/problem & questions, but never saw if they were helped by Co.. TSB from Oct/2011 specifies 2005 model year but it would seem likely that later cars were affected also because the detached windows (we think) started to occur in'08 & '09. Tops most likely came from same European source (Germany) and any change in manufacturing process during that time period seems highly unlikely. Climate has never been a legitimate explanation (Arizona, South Calif. don't have heat??) and Chrysler has Never put Any explanation in writing (Official) because they Know they can't back it up and climate does not simply change when you cross a State borderline! Many people got the extra Warranty even though their car was moved out of the "RIGHT STATE"! Not all are southeast coast, ex: Missouri, Tennessee & most of Texas! Also Chrysler helped some in "wrong States" for all or most of the cost. What a great American(?) Company!?!

Old 05-01-2014, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope! Sent some pics of my window today but don't expect anything new!

I just replaced mine last weekend and it cost me 991 bucks a twelve pack of beer and one evening!

How it was worth it!!!!!!!!

Old 05-05-2014, 03:47 PM

Local service manager offered to replace top on my 06 roadster for $915. don't know what to think of their offer. He said that is half price ?

Old 05-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, my Michigan-delivered, Atlanta Dealer-owned ragtop just dropped its glass too. Has anyone found the correct adhesive for home repair? I' mighty good with prep and adhesives...

Otherwise, there's a 2002 S55 AMG for $10K on craigslist...

Old 05-05-2014, 06:26 PM

Or rip all of the convertible frame and bits out and have a very light, TRUE roadster?

And drink beer with the bikers under overpasses when it rains?

Old 06-09-2014, 06:48 PM

Now add an 08 to the list if there is not one on it already. Alicia

Old 06-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Forum Regular

I have an 05 Roadster. No problem yet. But if it happens, I think I'll have a plastic window sewed in. I don't care about the defroster. It gets stored in the winter.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Abaton6
I have an 05 Roadster. No problem yet. But if it happens, I think I'll have a plastic window sewed in. I don't care about the defroster. It gets stored in the winter.
This is exactly why we drove 4 hours for the wife's roadster.. It was Texas native.. Even if the warranty period is coming close to an end, I knew we wouldn't get it home and have to turn around and put $1,500 into it.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:22 PM

Does anyone have a copy of the Chrysler TSB indicating the extension of the warranty on the Roadster Top? Mine is a 2007 and if the TSB went out in 2011 it would seem that all of the cars have the suspect top. Mine began becoming detached three weeks ago and is now held on only at the top of the window. I have been quoted $1650 by the local dealer in South Carolina. The price for the top from various dealers is quoted at $960 including delivery. My current top is in great condition and it does not seem that it should need to be replaced because of a manufacturing defect on the method of attaching the window.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Earlybird
Does anyone have a copy of the Chrysler TSB indicating the extension of the warranty on the Roadster Top? Mine is a 2007 and if the TSB went out in 2011 it would seem that all of the cars have the suspect top. Mine began becoming detached three weeks ago and is now held on only at the top of the window. I have been quoted $1650 by the local dealer in South Carolina. The price for the top from various dealers is quoted at $960 including delivery. My current top is in great condition and it does not seem that it should need to be replaced because of a manufacturing defect on the method of attaching the window.

TSB 23-035-11 with a 10 year warranty

Old 08-07-2014, 10:25 AM

Had mine replaced about a year ago...no questions asked.

Old 08-07-2014, 02:19 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alicia
Now add an 08 to the list if there is not one on it already. Alicia

Really? Must be the Humidity where you guys live. Ours is 07 and 08 with no problems? We live in Dry Heat though. I am sure NO Chrysler dealer will replace it for Free. Try to get quotes from other shops before committing to $915, but that seems low to me.

KJ

Old 08-07-2014, 04:52 PM

My rear window came unglued this past week and I called Chrysler at 800-646-5338 and 800-992-1997 and was told that my vin # wasn't covered although it's the same problem. My Crossfire has 25895 miles on it and has always been in a garage or covered with a car cover. Really poor customer service!!! It's really frustrating when company will not stand behind their product. The rear window shouldn't fall out of any car ever.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Forum Regular
Cool Re: roadster top issue

Originally Posted by rec3rd
My rear window came unglued this past week and I called Chrysler at 800-646-5338 and 800-992-1997 and was told that my vin # wasn't covered although it's the same problem. My Crossfire has 25895 miles on it and has always been in a garage or covered with a car cover. Really poor customer service!!! It's really frustrating when company will not stand behind their product. The rear window shouldn't fall out of any car ever.
Remember: Chrysler wrote the Service Bulletin/Warranty Extension; and their limitation to cars delivered within 9 State borderlines; THEY wrote it, THEY cannot and have not justified their limitation, windows have separated in virtually ALL Roadsters; THEY should stand behind THEIR word for the 10yr/ 100,000 mi period. Texas is a "covered State". Complain at safercar.gov. Ask your State Consumer Affairs Dept. to ask Chrysler WHY are you left out??

Old 08-08-2014, 11:05 AM

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...nt/get-started

I did this against my dealer (GM) on a warranty issue the dealer refused to fix. GM contacted me personally out of Texas. 30 days my problem was fixed. (leather seat)
Had to do some leg work on my own but it was worth it. The dumb a$$ dealer forgot that I traded cars every 2 years. All my family stopped using them also. It was one of the dealers that GM saved too! Better Business Bureau does get results because most business want a good rating from them. Companies careless about a forum with a bunch of hacks complaining because you do not know if it is a lie or truth. So give it a try see what happens it does not cost anything and you will get a answer quickly.

Quick Reply: roadster top issue