Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

MB dealer

Old 02-02-2015, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MB dealer

Has anyone ran into this? My car broke down and I called M B dealer in Brentwood , Tn. and ask for there help getting a wrecker and was told that they will not work on Crossfires even tho its basically a MB.. So I had it towed to a Chrysler dealer, who did a great job getting me going . There loss.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: M B dealer

Yea, you get that snob factor sometimes.
I think they are afraid that one of their daddy warbucks customers might see a GULP ! Chrysler in the service bay......

Old 02-02-2015, 09:40 AM

My feelings exactly

Old 02-02-2015, 10:23 AM

Might have their owners trading UP!

Old 02-02-2015, 10:47 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It seems to vary by dealer depending on the capacity of the shop, mood & manner of the service mgr., etc... Some forum members in the Mid-Atlantic region have a willing Benz dealer. You would think that since the MB service dept preps non-MB trade-ins for resale in the used car dept, they would work on X-Fires.

MB is one of my clients, and I'm not aware of any cross-service policy ban from HQ. Even though our cars are based on a dated SLK chassis, I still think one would be better off with a good independent shop specializing in MB, BMW & Audi.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been told by the local MB dealer service manager that unless the car has the Mercedes emblem on it he's "not allowed" to work on it.

Old 02-02-2015, 01:14 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Mackel
I've been told by the local MB dealer service manager that unless the car has the Mercedes emblem on it he's "not allowed" to work on it.
Ask him where he sends all the non-MB trade-ins for service.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mackel
I believe the drive train has MB markings. Tell him you don't want them to work on the body.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:15 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by harbor
It seems to vary by dealer depending on the capacity of the shop, mood & manner of the service mgr., etc... Some forum members in the Mid-Atlantic region have a willing Benz dealer. You would think that since the MB service dept preps non-MB trade-ins for resale in the used car dept, they would work on X-Fires.

MB is one of my clients, and I'm not aware of any cross-service policy ban from HQ. Even though our cars are based on a dated SLK chassis, I still think one would be better off with a good independent shop specializing in MB, BMW & Audi.
Bad attitude is not the sole reserve of MB service reps, I had a run in with a Chrysler rep when I went to another dealership than normal for a free oil change on my extended warranty. I reminded him that the oil was 8 liters of Mobil 0W-40, he said the car did not require that or 8 liters, I insisted and we got a little heated. When I came to check out he humbly said that I was correct.
The next time I went there I was told he was gone, to which I replied that it was a good thing he had left. The new guy told me that he did not fit in and was booted.

If you deal with the public you become the face of the dealership, no matter what you think you have to be polite and take the BS, not confront the customer as if he is an idiot. Reps are to make money and not drive customers from the door.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:30 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A while back I emailed Mercedes-Benz of Ft. Mitchell Ky and Mercedes-Benz of Cincinnati and asked them the same question. "If I have a serious problem with my Chrysler Crossfire would your service department be able and willing to work on the car?". Mercedes of Cincinnati responded the next day and said "We would gladly service your car at the same shop and parts rates as their MB products. Mercedes-Benz of Ft. Mitchell did not respond to my email.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:20 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would seriously consider a MB roadster based on my experience with my Crossfire. I wish I could say the same about my experience with parts and service at my local MB dealer. I work at the Audi Dealership and we have franchises with MB and Chrysler. Both treat me like a red-headed step child when I show up with my Crossfire.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going to throw in a plug for Benson Chrysler in Greer, SC.
They truly seem to love the car almost as much as I do.

The local MB dealer, on the other hand, just the opposite.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:48 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

You need a combination of two things: a place that cares about the car and one that knows how to service it. Having a coupon I just had the oil changed by my FLD. While they did almost everything right, I got it back to find the clock had been changed but the FSS not. (used 5W-40 MB "approved" which is good for a warm climate).

NP and I called to let them know that it is the left button and not the right.

Of course except for the Jeep, my other cars are worse. I wouldn't even try a dealer & when I go for parts (some are still available where shared) I get a lot of "whazzat?"s.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:43 PM
Default Re: MB dealer

I pulled into the Tulsa, OK MB dealer for a wheel alignment and was told they wouldn't touch it. I pulled around to the service entrance for all the other brands this dealer carries and was welcomed. The MB mechanic did a great job. I guess it depends on which door you enter, all brands go into the same garage. i kind of felt like I was dealing the government.

Old 03-11-2015, 04:59 PM
mkl

Hi
I think that MB must have sent a notice to MB Dealers advising them not to work on CF's.
I have taken both of my CF's to the same MB Dealer since 2005. Then I attempted to make an appointment and was told the garage would no longer work on it. Then they called back and said, that since I had been such a loyal customer they would make an exception. In the meantime I took it to a Chrysler garage and they happily accepted my money.
Regards
MP

Old 03-12-2015, 10:07 AM

I once tried to get my Indian serviced at a Harley dealership and was refused in the same manner.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:15 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

My son needed some work on his 2007 coupe and before I could catch him, he called a local MB dealer in Atlanta. Four times. They kept transferring him and dropping the call. They finally told him they do not service Crossfires. I since obtained indie shop references from this forum for him.