Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

*Needed* 20 to Pre-order Wavetrac LSD for SLK32/SRT-6

Old 06-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow *Needed* 20 to Pre-order Wavetrac LSD for SLK32/SRT-6

UPDATED 7/29/2011

Details:
Product: Wavetrac LSD for SLK32 & 320/SRT-6 & N/A (Wavetrac® Differentials - Technical Information - © Autotech Corp. All rights reserved.)
Dealer: Unitrax - Anahiem, CA (POC: Devin King 1-800-622-4327)
* You will need to have it installed it in your current housing w/ stock ring/pinion. Unitrax can do installs also.
Cost: apx. $1100 + install

Shipping began around 15 Jun 2011 and will take apx 45 days to fill all orders.

*NOTE: If you have bolt-on axles (pre '03 SLKs and pre '05 Crossfires), you will be on-hold pending a solution. Autotech is testing a possible solution. It's looking like the stub axles will need to have the c-clip retaining grove machined to accept the snap-ring.

For those that don't know, this replaces the rear differential center carrier (spider gear assembly) that catastrophically fails. You will still use you stock housing, bearings and ring/pinion.

Feel free to contact Devin with other tech questions

I will keep this 1st post updated as new info arrives.

** If there are initials next to your screen name, then I have verified your real name with the deposits**

Buggin -- AB -- INSTALLED
daithi2 -- HD -- DELIVERED
MikeR -- MR -- DELIVERED
amx1397 -- JB -- INSTALLED
oledoc2u -- WH -- DELIVERED (x2)
velociabstract -- LH -- INSTALLED
32Krazy! -- SR -- INSTALLED
BigKid -- JR -- DELIVERED
Squirrel Crusher -- DB -- DELIVERED
Leptronjohn -- DELIVERED
Beaner -- BL -- INSTALLED
importlabsrt -- BT -- INSTALLED
Coyote -- WE -- DELIVERED
Dementors -- JB -- DELIVERED
Wedge -- SB -- DELIVERED
Waldig -- GW -- INSTALLED
Sik Srt-6 -- JL -- DELIVERED
rcompart -- RC -- DELIVERED
MrSix -- DELIVERED
scsponger31 -- DELIVERED
tri_zombie -- DELIVERED
brian_omeara07 -- BO -- DELIVERED
PA/XFIRE -- LS -- INSTALLED
KrzyFast -- PM -- DELIVERED
texas t -- DS -- DELIVERED
Tom2112 -- TD -- DELIVERED
ckovach -- CK -- DELIVERED

STANDBY LIST:
Kolevski -- JK

***The above list is of those that have made deposits (as far as I know) and may not be completely inclusive to all that have made deposits. This list was originally intended to gauge an interest to see if we could get enough orders to build a Wavetrac LSD. Unitrax has the official list of all deposits taken.***

NOTE: Credit Cards will be run for the the other half when your unit is shipped...
--------------
CONTACT INFO FOR DEPOSITS/ORDERING/QUESTIONS:
Devin B. King
UNITRAX Drivetrain, Inc.
1280 North Sunshine Way
Anaheim, CA 92806-1746
devin@gounitrax.com
Fax: 714.630.5851

Last edited by Buggin; 08-25-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Default Re: * Needed * 20 to Pre-order Wavetrac LSD fro SLK32/SRT-6

Put me on the list. I'm in.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I tried to post on MBworld.org and I got an infraction and they deleted my post in 5 minutes. Wow. They don't mess around. I'm a bit in shock. I'm a wanted criminal. Good luck getting the word out the the C32 owners.

Les

Old 06-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Buggin, I'm taking this as any good mechanic can do this install, correct? Cause I'm not going to CA....lol....

Old 06-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Buggin, I'm taking this as any good mechanic can do this install, correct? Cause I'm not going to CA....lol....
You put down my deposit and I'll come and put yours in your car for ya doc. LOL

Old 06-26-2010, 06:18 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

doc i spoke with allen about this and you are correct. needs to be a qualified mech as backlash is critical. im going to check with a shop i know and see what the tital install cost would be

Old 06-27-2010, 12:55 AM

I have a mechanic...just wanted to make sure there isn't something special that needs to be done...

Old 06-27-2010, 01:06 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a mechanic...just wanted to make sure there isn't something special that needs to be done...
Only thing you need to let him know is that the retaining clips (jesus rings) are also shims and need to be the correctly installed. MB has them, you just have to figure out how think they need to be for everything to be clearanced correctly.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:08 AM

thanks Rudy...need to save quickly for this mod...I had something else I was working on...but I quess I will see if I can pull this one off...but the $$$$ she is short right now...

Old 06-27-2010, 07:21 AM

thanks Rudy...need to save quickly for this mod...I had something else I was working on...but I quess I will see if I can pull this one off...but the $$$$ she is short right now...
tell me about it doc!! i just dropped 13,000 for a truck so the saving starts over. regardless im thinking this may be the only run of the lsd made and im not going to miss out! cant have a 5.5 s/c under the hood with the oem diff!

Old 06-27-2010, 08:59 AM

Doc, I am thinking of picking one of these up also. I could probably borrow some tools and even a gearbox tech from work (Xtrac) to help with the install. I will have them look at the website and check it out. I know we could make a diff, but it wouldn't be anywhere near 1100 bucks.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by SRT4man
Doc, I am thinking of picking one of these up also. I could probably borrow some tools and even a gearbox tech from work (Xtrac) to help with the install. I will have them look at the website and check it out. I know we could make a diff, but it wouldn't be anywhere near 1100 bucks.
dont think DO IT!!! we can use all the members we can get. the more diffs made the better the price. the thing to consider is that this will fix the diff issue permanantly. it will take more than the hp made by our cars to break the wavetrac

Old 06-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Forum Regular

Just curious what are the limits of the wavetrac? Going to school atm... will have to see about raising the fundage whats the deadline on this buy?

Old 06-27-2010, 06:49 PM

Ok guys newb here so be kind..........

Can I assume this is a problem for the srt's only and that the N/A x-fires don't suffer from this condition??

Thanks.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by glockster
Ok guys newb here so be kind..........

Can I assume this is a problem for the srt's only and that the N/A x-fires don't suffer from this condition??

Thanks.
Correct Glockster...it's our added HP and drag radials that seem to be too much for the spider gears....well, I will certainly commit, since I plan on racing the blue coupe...just want all the facts before laying down that much cash...that will be the most expensive mod so far...but a good one to maintain the performance and reliability...

Old 06-27-2010, 07:00 PM

[quote=32krazy!]dont think DO IT!!! we can use all the members we can get. the more diffs made the better the price. the thing to consider is that this will fix the diff issue permanantly. it will take more than the hp made by our cars to break the wavetrac[/quote

Well, I can ask at work to design one for our cars and the engineers can draw it up. Will only probably need 6 to order to fill a batch and get the design started. I would guess they would run somewhere in the 8-12k range as far as price goes with full adjustability. We make driveshaft assemblies and gearboxes too if you want but racing parts are not going to be a cheap as consumer products.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:14 PM

[quote=SRT4man]
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
dont think DO IT!!! we can use all the members we can get. the more diffs made the better the price. the thing to consider is that this will fix the diff issue permanantly. it will take more than the hp made by our cars to break the wavetrac[/quote

Well, I can ask at work to design one for our cars and the engineers can draw it up. Will only probably need 6 to order to fill a batch and get the design started. I would guess they would run somewhere in the 8-12k range as far as price goes with full adjustability. We make driveshaft assemblies and gearboxes too if you want but racing parts are not going to be a cheap as consumer products.
you misunderstood. i mean get in on the group buy. the wavetrac will be the best and simplest fix for this problem

Old 06-27-2010, 07:16 PM

[quote=SRT4man]
dont think DO IT!!! we can use all the members we can get. the more diffs made the better the price. the thing to consider is that this will fix the diff issue permanantly. it will take more than the hp made by our cars to break the wavetrac[/quote

Let me know what you think....I know we have installed chevy 12 bolts, and I understand the shimming and all...just making sure it is what it is...lol

Old 06-27-2010, 07:18 PM

heres some reading for ya'll
Wavetrac® Differential - A torque biasing differential with a difference

Old 06-27-2010, 09:13 PM

Nice wish I had the cash right now. Was reading some of the information abd they already have applications for merc. Noted below, I take it this wont work on the XF?

The Wavetrac is now available for LX platform SRT8 models: Charger, 300C, Magnum, and Challenger through 2008. It will also fit 5.7L Automatic LC/LX/LE cars from 2009 onwards. This is also suitable for 215 axle Mercedes AMG "55" and "63" models. Find a dealer near you, or go to Applications and buy online.

Quick Reply: *Needed* 20 to Pre-order Wavetrac LSD for SLK32/SRT-6