New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Hi guys, from South Wales UK

Old 08-11-2015, 04:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi guys, from South Wales UK

Morning guys,

I've just made the decision (Extremely rashly) to pick up a 2007 Crossfire from a local dealer for numerous reasons, firstly the price, secondly the mileage (<35k) and thirdly 'WOW omg I want it so bad'!

I've had the vehicle for 24 hours and am truly smitten, I did little research before buying except for reading reviews etc, so I thought that now I've shelled out £5000 (extremely reasonable compared to others on the market) I'd ask a few questions and get to know the car.

I'm a 33 year old 6'5 guy (I know I know) and I cannot wait to treat this like my baby, I've always been into fringe cars, loved the PT cruiser etc, but until now have always been a 2.0D safe and reliable kind of guy!

I'll pop to the appropriate threads for questions, heres to getting to know a lot of you well

Old 08-11-2015, 05:03 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Hi guys, from South Wales UK

Welcome - from the other side of the pond!

Old 08-11-2015, 08:15 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Xfirenewbie
Morning guys,

I've just made the decision (Extremely rashly) to pick up a 2007 Crossfire from a local dealer for numerous reasons, firstly the price, secondly the mileage (<35k) and thirdly 'WOW omg I want it so bad'!

I've had the vehicle for 24 hours and am truly smitten, I did little research before buying except for reading reviews etc, so I thought that now I've shelled out £5000 (extremely reasonable compared to others on the market) I'd ask a few questions and get to know the car.

I'm a 33 year old 6'5 guy (I know I know) and I cannot wait to treat this like my baby, I've always been into fringe cars, loved the PT cruiser etc, but until now have always been a 2.0D safe and reliable kind of guy!

I'll pop to the appropriate threads for questions, heres to getting to know a lot of you well
I replied to your other post, but dang, 6'5", how do you fit? I also am into what I call "niche" vehicles, PT Cruiser, then PT Convertible, Old Shelby Charger Turbos, Dodge Rampage. I still have a '67 El Camino.
Just keep reading this thread, ask specific questions, read the stickies.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:37 AM

I fit... I won't be staging any parties or sleeping in it anytime soon, but technically I fit hahahaha

I keep looking at peoples Crossfires on here and wow, mine looks so basic in comparison. I hate white cars generally Pioneer but that contrast with the black is stunning!!! How often to you wash and wax though?

Thanks for the welcome though guys, I have to say I'm already lining up my next one, has to be an SRT 6 Roadster...

Old 08-11-2015, 08:52 AM

[QUOTE=Xfirenewbie;844792]... I hate white cars generally Pioneer but that contrast with the black is stunning!!! How often to you wash and wax though?...QUOTE]
I don't typically wax my cars much, but just a thorough wash with wax in the wash soap. White is SO much nicer than dark colors, not as good as silver/grey/light metallic blue/gold in dirty areas where it rains often. I only had it 4 weeks, and have washed it twice, plus the original when I got it, the dang brake dust is the worst, so ceramic pads are next.
I didn't wash it this weekend due to rain yesterday and today. I imagine comparable to Wales weather, except colder winters.
Also, what do you mean contrast to the black?
I mainly bought this one for the interior, and low miles (5,600), I love the Cedar leather with the white exterior.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:00 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

welcome to the forum,from another uk owner. I am from East Yorkshire.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:02 AM

I meant the dark areas, such as the grill, wheels, and it looks in a few pics you've tinted the windows?

the white really pops!!

I can't wait to go and wash the car this afternoon, really love it, except I definately need the scuffs on the Alloy wheels refurbed, theyre not severe but noticable on all 4 wheels, I am still deciding on whether to DIY or just let a pro do them.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:04 AM

Thanks Ardenian!

Old 08-11-2015, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Xfirenewbie
I meant the dark areas, such as the grill, wheels, and it looks in a few pics you've tinted the windows?

the white really pops!!

I can't wait to go and wash the car this afternoon, really love it, except I definately need the scuffs on the Alloy wheels refurbed, theyre not severe but noticable on all 4 wheels, I am still deciding on whether to DIY or just let a pro do them.
Nope, no extra tint, and I agree, the dark grill looks nice. Everything except the radio is factory as far as I know. The back glass is pretty easy to see through and does allow a lot of heat from the sun when parked. I have 2 sunshades that I sometimes use, and at my house I will leave the front one on the exterior of the windshield when I am around it. I have light scuffing on 1 of the fronts, real minor, but still there.
I am kinda considering some custom paint based on how amazing this guy's came out
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post844800
But I can't think of an accent color that would look good on white, with the Cedar interior.

Old 08-11-2015, 10:12 AM