All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 04-24-2018, 04:26 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by Iamfink2
Gary I believe you can still get Rotex Gold Pads from Brakeworld.com
Pat - You are correct. rotex|crossfire

Valk - We need to renegotiate the price!

Old 04-27-2018, 02:48 AM
Received 140 Likes on 109 Posts

Winter is over. I removed the winter boots and installed the recently refurbished summer shoes.

They look like new.

Received them with pretty severe road rash. No cracks, wheel shop welded in the bead. Painted, CNC, clear coat. They also hammered out the center caps

Old 04-27-2018, 10:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Drove It 250 miles. I'm an Independent Contractor, Courier Driver.
It's like having passengers that keep their mouths shut, like the same Music, and don't ask Are we there Yet?

Old 04-27-2018, 11:40 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

I put in a new windshield washer reservoir, the old one cracked. I sprayed the area behind the reservoir with a rust preventative after clearing out the fine debris that came down the drain under the cowl, l make a point of cleaning out the area under the cowl around the drain, but small stuff gets through. The drain outlet dumps the water into a pocket that has a drain hole but it was plugged with small debris. It makes a good spot for rust to start at. A poor design the end of the drain should be belowthe bottom of the car. I cleaned the same area out in 2011 when the fluid level indicator failed, I sprayed it with rust proofing at that time as well, no rust was evident.

Old 04-28-2018, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I didn’t exactly “do” anything new today...
BUT! I did learn that the Hood can be lifted into a completely vertical position via the button tab on the lift support...

being 6’3 this would’ve been helpful so many times not hitting my head on the hood!

theres always little things about this car that I keep finding out on and I love it!

Old 04-28-2018, 03:54 PM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanE
Winter is over. I removed the winter boots and installed the recently refurbished summer shoes.

They look like new.

Received them with pretty severe road rash. No cracks, wheel shop welded in the bead. Painted, CNC, clear coat. They also hammered out the center caps

Nice job on the SRT-6 wheels.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:35 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 449 Likes on 316 Posts

Fault of my own caused this small nipple on my coolant tank to obtain a very small crack
The hose was not all the way over the nipple therefore it had a point it could crack if bent.
For a temporary fix only I cleaned the small crack applied some gorilla glue let it dry overnight slid the hose all the way over the nipple and tightened the clamp right at the point where the crack was.
The car was driveable but still had a slight steam leak.

Fortunately I live close to Rudy (our V8 Crossfire expert and Mercedes Benz mechanic) and he had a spare coolant tank and I was able to pick it up from his house today.
I came home and swapped the tanks and I'm good to go now.
He has tried the Brass Nipple repair on these tanks and has had one that held and one that did not and recommended I simply replace the tank
He explained that when the plastic heats up and is under pressure the brass fitting threaded into the tank even with various thread tapes or sealers simply cant be trusted to hold up under pressure.
I travel to events around the country every year and agreed I wasn't 100% comfortable with this kind of repair even though others here have had success with it

Last edited by Valk; 04-28-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:59 PM
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts

Valk, I just sent Rudy a tank ,Monday , because we had a bad one on the srt /V8 and I do have a fix for a tank that has the nipple broken((not tank cracked)) that is to drill out the nipple and hole,, and with a wire to guide it, put a bolt type valve stem on the wire ,,in the middle of the wire make it ( like twist the wire) so the valve stem will not slide off the wire (in other words you want the valve stem to be held in the middle of the wire) once you pull the valve stem through the hole in the tank put the other 1/2 of the rubber seal (that comes with the valve stem on to the wire, push it up to the tank ,now install the nut and tighten just don't over tighten now you have a new nipple. jim

Old 04-29-2018, 02:13 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have always driven older classic cars, where the throttle response is instantaneous because it's attached to a rod or cable - whether that was a carbureted or fuel-injected.

So the ONLY thing that has bugged me about my Crossfire SRT-6 since getting it last October was the throttle lag. Completely unacceptable. Reading reviews and watching videos on the SprintBooster, the cost seemed to be a safe bet to nix this one awful pet-peeve; and it's GREAT! Love it. Was worth every penny. So far I've found the best all-around setting for my "authoritative" style of driving is "Green-8."

I installed the SprintBooster V3 today - however even before ordering, I wanted to have the controller reside in the ash-tray, hidden out of view - but easy to reach and use when needed. I don't like a lot of fringe and attachments, especially aftermarket stuff, and the thought of sticking this thing on the dashboard with the foam-tape was out of the question.

Seeing that the easiest way to install the SprintBooster was to remove the lower right kick-panel as others have noted - without having to remove the pedal - that worked into my plan as I would be running the SprintBooster control wire through there anyway. I also found that if you remove the lower valence-panel under the drivers side it makes it even easier to remove the kick-panel and access the pedal.

There is no easy cavity or hole large enough around the ash-tray area to run the connector through and I didn't want to drill any holes just to make it easier. However, on the opposite side, around the cigarette lighter, there is plenty of area behind the center dash-face. Rather than also removing the kick panel on that side, I simply fed the wire and connector through and behind the seam that runs from the ash-tray to the cigarette lighter, then down and through the area behind that side. I then used an old membership-card (like a credit card) to guide it down, then push it further through with a dull piece of flat-steel (thin like a hack-saw blade) maneuvering it through the vertical seam. Once through, and I could see it from the removed kick-panel on the driver's side, I merely pulled it back through to the driver's side with a set of Foerster sponge forceps.

After pulling it through I ran it to the pedal, connected it to the SprintBooster, then the SprintBooster module to the pedal, used a few difference sized zip-ties to cinch the wire to the rest of the existing loom, then replaced the kick-panel.

Once in, everything worked beautifully. I noticed when researching how it would go into the Crossfire, there weren't really many photos online of the pedal itself, where the connector can be found, views of the kick-panel removed, etc. - so I made some, and also showed how I ran the connector/controller wire through the center dash face without removing it, to get it to live in the ash-tray.

And since I don't smoke, don't use my ash-tray for storing trash, bottle-caps, chewed gum, used condoms, or anything else - I may as well put it to good use.

Panel removed:

yvABQ63h.jpg

Running the Controller Wire and Connector through the Ash-Tray Cavity

pBm9n3Sh.jpg

5pLLxMRh.jpg

9KBiuXbh.jpg

42uUsqUh.jpg

dnxMHf6h.jpg

Y8M98mwh.jpg

NxljVqLh.jpg

wgFjpLMh.jpg

--------------------------------

Last edited by Heli-Cal Blue; 04-29-2018 at 02:18 AM.
Old 04-29-2018, 02:14 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The SprintBooster module connected; there is a space within the steel support housing above the pedal that makes for a good cavity to fit the moduele's harness out of the way:

I2aR1g4h.jpg

The wire tucked in and zip-tied out of the way:

o5LpB5Kh.jpg

l7YFxNoh.jpg

All back together:

vIsxUO9h.jpg

sn5nEe9h.jpg

2MX8FLCh.jpg

N9IH4OJh.jpg

aYPCzC0h.jpg

-----------------

Last edited by Heli-Cal Blue; 04-29-2018 at 02:17 AM.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:19 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

nice clean install. I am still running the original sprint booster in both cars. No selector switch. sometimes I think it would be nice to have, but I hate lag, so I guess not....lol

Old 04-29-2018, 08:25 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Well, started both cars this morning from winter hibernation. Roadster's battery although new took a long time on the charger. Had the dreaded misfire and ABS light, so back on the charger it went. Running fine now. Haven't had much luck with maintainers. So I unplug them and charge them in the spring or sometimes when I'm bored over the winter I will charge them and run them. Seems a shame, but I have zero time anymore to drive them. Maybe in a few years. Driving over the road 2500 plus miles a week has taken it's toll.

Old 04-29-2018, 02:39 PM
Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Picked up my car from Rudy (Accelerated ind.)
Had Rudy do some minor changes, all I can say is wow!
And for those who are wondering, yes my cruise control works.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Crossfire V8.jpg (743.0 KB, 28 views)
Old 04-29-2018, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought and installed a new battery
Gave my red roadster a bath, getting it ready for the 80 degree week

Old 04-29-2018, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by chriscat32
Picked up my car from Rudy (Accelerated ind.)
Had Rudy do some minor changes, all I can say is wow!
And for those who are wondering, yes my cruise control works.
Well...are you going to try an go for the title!..

Old 04-30-2018, 12:14 AM
Received 140 Likes on 109 Posts

Installed DCAI
Thanks Rob.
Great product
Easy instructions

Before

During

After

Finished

Old 05-01-2018, 12:01 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Finally got the Evap system reset after removing the battery in the winter.
It took a while, I finally just did half of the Chrysler driven cycle and it cleared up. At first all of them cleared after a small drive except for the evap system and the secondary air system check.
The evap system seems a bit hit and miss in its requirements.
I used my BlueDriver hooked up to the OBD port and my iPad.
Off now for the smog test.
Edit
Passed the emissions test with flying colours, in two years if I am still around I will have to do it again and take a driving test for the over 80’s. That test will be tough with all the bad habits acquired over the last sixty odd years.

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-03-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a weird episode with my obd codes weeks prior to having my emissions test. There were at least 7 codes that needed my attention and they all disappeared without any intervention just days before my vehicle registration tag expire. Needless to say, I was glad to have passed my annual emissions test without issues.

onehundred80: You'll probably ace the driving test compared to the majority of the drivers here in Tennessee! People here either don't know how to drive or just plain wreckless

Old 05-04-2018, 10:11 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Towing car to my house and starting the "Sticky Ignition key" fix this afternoon.

Update: fixed the sticky key problem! Thanks to the great help from the forum team! Celebrated by taking the xfire to Dover Downs to watch the Nascar race with my grand nephew

Last edited by Sennaspirit; 05-06-2018 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by MAGNATUDE

onehundred80: You'll probably ace the driving test compared to the majority of the drivers here in Tennessee! People here either don't know how to drive or just plain wreckless
Hey , I resemble that!!
Knoxvegas

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?