All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Where did you mount your Sprint Booster controller button?

Old 04-06-2018, 12:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where did you mount your Sprint Booster controller button?

Hey everyone!

For those of you who purchased or inherited a second generation 3-way speed selectable Sprint Booster:

Where or what part of the car did you end up installing the Sprint Booster adjustable control button?

Old 04-06-2018, 12:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Where did you mount your Sprint Booster controller button?

It should mount up under the knee bolster. You have to lay upside down on your head an contortion your hands an neck to positions , you never thought a human body could do. With alot of swearing an small cut or two you may get it installed on the first attempt. Good luck with that..

Old 05-08-2018, 06:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks neighbor! Much appreciated.

I recently noticed Sprint Booster came out with a newer (than mine) 3-way controller button selector. Looks like a sloped-side, chamfered, octagon-shaped, lighted, medallion. Mine is probably the second generation, rounded edge, rectangle, with a single, protruding, lighted button. I'm not sure.

There are probably several mounting options one can use and still have the controller look visually appealing regardless of where one mounts it.

Well, this is not such a popular subject and since I posted this thread, there really haven't been any interest of where anyone would likely install one or if you have one, would you change its current location for whatever reason, be it ergonomically or visually out of place?

There is another member here who has a post floating around on how he did his Sprint Booster installation recently with the newer model. I have the previous model to the octagon medallion controller and I found a perfect place (for me) to mount it. Now, I did this installation a long while back, I was just lazy to post anything about it. So if you have the same controller as mine, this might be a fun project for you and alter your controller location.

The SB installation wasn't that difficult. I just followed all directions except for one. SB controller wire was routed between slide-out drawer and the ashtray container so no wires are ever visible. I just thought I would share this with anyone who would be interested since I have not seen one done this way.

When all was done, There was a noticeable seat-of-the-pants improvement. Since this installation was done, I've always had fun showing to friends. And the funny part about all this is when I reach for the button, I would always hear the James Bond theme playing in my head!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy motoring, everyone!

Last edited by MAGNATUDE; 05-08-2018 at 06:29 AM.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You could not have hid that any better an still have access to it. Yea , flip down , ashtray , throttle boost does ring ,of 007...