All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Crossfire Smog pump \ Secondary Air Filter

Old 06-07-2022, 05:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire Smog pump \ Secondary Air Filter

Hi Guys,

Engine management light came on, secondary air pump issue. I replaced it and cleared the codes (well my garage did) worked fine for a week and then light came back on. The pump itself clearly works so my garage said he needs the "schematics" to show which fuse or electrical component powers this secondary or smog pump.

Anyone know what this is or means ?

Thx

Old 06-07-2022, 10:08 AM
Received 387 Likes on 334 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Smog pump \ Secondary Air Filter

Originally Posted by Dantheman204
Hi Guys,

Engine management light came on, secondary air pump issue. I replaced it and cleared the codes (well my garage did) worked fine for a week and then light came back on. The pump itself clearly works so my garage said he needs the "schematics" to show which fuse or electrical component powers this secondary or smog pump.

Anyone know what this is or means ?

Thx

All things start with the actual DTC codes you had them 'clear'. Please get them & post here, we cannot offer advice without at least starting out with those. I would be wary of a garage that cannot diagnose this without a code reader that tells them what the codes are (not to mention if the pump is actually working, why do they need a schematic?). Get the exact code/codes and post them here. Good luck!

Old 06-07-2022, 10:10 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Most likely code P0410. Check the contacts on the air pump relay in the relay control module. Bet that they are BURNT! May have been your problem all along. If so the relay can be replaced for about a third of the cost of a new RCM.
There's also a blue check valve that can cause issues.

Old 06-07-2022, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tighed1
Most likely code P0410. Check the contacts on the air pump relay in the relay control module. Bet that they are BURNT! May have been your problem all along. If so the relay can be replaced for about a third of the cost of a new RCM.
There's also a blue check valve that can cause issues.
Thank you foe the response. This makes complete sense !! The garage said the similar. In ghosts response I neglected to mention that A. I am in the UK so the garage I use doesn't have the schematics for some American vehicles.

I also neglected to mention that both pumps work. What happened is that when the engine was turned off the secondary air pump stayed on !! Eventually flattening the battery. Hence bought another pump and it did the same so effectively what they wanted to know was where the module or relay for that pump was so I can replace it.

Thx