Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

iPod Control with Factory Nav Radio is Here!

Old 03-01-2015, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: iPod Control with Factory Nav Radio is Here!

Hi again guys,

OK, I'm getting a 36000 mile Srt 6 and I really want to put the silver clarion with navigation in it since the one I'm getting has the usual Infinity with nav. Is there a clarion that's SILVER and I can swap and use the nav in the clarion? I'd really like one with the ipad and blue tooth too!

Which clarion has the nav, is Silver and also is Bluetooth for a phone too?

Thanks,
Richard

Oh, I'll be selling my 64000 mile black crossfire that I've already done the bumpers and it's fantastic with Tivi sport shocks, lowered with cambers, chrome stock wheels, borla exhaust, chrome door and air vent, chrome license plate base, new steering shock, Mercedes of course, moob lower ball joints, larger slotted brakes, and new front lights all led, with the white led parking lights front and back. Just ask Rob at Needswings and he'll tell you what I just put in last month or two!

I decided to get the Srt 6 so I've got to get SOME of my money back. 11,000.00 is firm so let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Richard

Old 10-04-2015, 05:54 PM
Default Re: iPod Control with Factory Nav Radio is Here!

Anyone looked into what bluetooth options crutch field offers for our factory units? Plan on getting one and installing it within the next couple of weeks. Will update then

Old 10-04-2015, 07:21 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Is a long thread on installing a Clarion M303 in a Crossie. I now have three for different cars and works just great with my Samsung Galaxy. Just press one button on the radio to answer and another to hang up. Can also make calls.

More important can use the HFP, Sat-Nav with live traffic, and have over 300 albums on a micro SD card with room for another 300 ripped at the highest quality (sounds as good as a CD).

Just my opinion but better than anything the factory ever did.

BTW as far as I am concerned having multiple cars being able to have one phone/service usable in all my cars (just added to my 88) and just using the car for amp and speakers makes a lot more sense than having a service for each car. Besides this sounds a lot better than satellite.

(Note the song title on the radio display).

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
albumdisp.jpg (76.7 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by Padgett; 10-04-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've searched and cannot find an answer to my question, but has anyone used the USB interface to plug in a Bluetooth receiver?

The following users liked this post:
MAYAman (04-23-2022)
Old 11-06-2015, 06:30 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by AndrewKeiranMcAllister
Anyone looked into what bluetooth options crutch field offers for our factory units? Plan on getting one and installing it within the next couple of weeks. Will update then
The problem is the interface on the head units we have. The NAV has a mono input that is the old-style mobile phone input and a mute line. When you ground the mute line, the radio mutes and puts any audio on the mono input out thru the car's speakers - on one side only (passenger side if I recall right). I used this input for my FRS radio when running the Dragon when I had a NAV head.

It is not suitable for music at all. And that is the only input I see, other than the digital input from the CD Changer that Rudy used for his mod.

I don't know if Rudy checks in here much anymore... maybe he will chime in.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:34 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by rcompart
I worked with Solisto on the first units and up until the last units went out of warranty this year, I supported the ones sold to those with the Becker navigation radio found in the Crossfire thru the various group buys and web sales of these units.

As of right now, anything they have that has iPod or USB control will be compatible with the nav radio.
Well....

Old 11-11-2015, 10:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the most affordable away to get Bluetooth audio. $3

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post852414

Old 10-27-2016, 08:31 PM

I am very interested in purchasing one of the Ipod/Nav radio units. Please keep me in the loop as to availability and pricing. Great job.

Old 04-23-2022, 09:00 PM
Received 66 Likes on 36 Posts

I’m doing a very custom install in my StarTech Crossfire and I just wanted to say that Rudy’s iPod controller is still going strong after all these years and it’s literally one of the best things I’ve ever bought as far as cars are concerned. He built a quality item and I’m hoping to integrate it into my new build. I’m using a wireless Bluetooth dongle into the 3.5 mm jack currently with my galaxy phone.

Rudy my question was this, what functionality does the USB port on the device have? And the small DIN controller, I never got a cable for that what can I use that for? I always connected my iPad via the 3.5 mm.

I’m really looking forward to using this component in this next built so any information you can provide would be awesome!

Old 04-23-2022, 09:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MAYAman
I’m doing a very custom install in my StarTech Crossfire and I just wanted to say that Rudy’s iPod controller is still going strong after all these years and it’s literally one of the best things I’ve ever bought as far as cars are concerned. He built a quality item and I’m hoping to integrate it into my new build. I’m using a wireless Bluetooth dongle into the 3.5 mm jack currently with my galaxy phone.

Rudy my question was this, what functionality does the USB port on the device have? And the small DIN controller, I never got a cable for that what can I use that for? I always connected my iPad via the 3.5 mm.

I’m really looking forward to using this component in this next built so any information you can provide would be awesome!
you may want to consider YaTour BTA BE $99 on eBay for Bluetooth connectivity and hands free phone operation. This beats all other options hands down for the Original Navigator radio. You control music/phone from any external Bluetooth device,