Australia Serving Australia.

Auto Transmission Leak

Old 01-03-2007, 02:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Transmission Leak

Noticed the other day that my Crossfire is leaking Transmission Fluid. I knew about the TSB on this, so went to my local dealer to see if they had the parts (o rings) in stock so that I could book it in to get fixed.
Was told no Chrysler don't release parts for TSBs until we have a look at the car, and that may not be the problem, fair enough I guess. Book the car in, they look at it, its the TSB problem, we will have to order the parts I was told, how long I asked, the reply was this time next week as she handed me the key.
Is it OK to drive I asked, with a puzzled look on her face, she said, I'll speak to the mechanic. Comes back, yeah that should be fine to drive, I explained to her that I was getting patches of oil in the driveway the size of dinner plates, she went to get the mechanic.
He comes back, I explain the problem, and he said, well it should be Ok to drive but not too far.
Where do you live he asked, I told him, he said you should be ok to get home then.
So now I have my Crossfire in the Garage that I can't drive until some o-rings turn up.

There was no offer of a replacement car, I didn't buy the car from this dealer, and I didn't push it as I have 2 other cars here I can drive, but was wondering, is Chrysler Aust obliged to supply a loan car if my car cannot be driven? I bought it new 6 months ago and it has 12000 kms on it.

Another thing with this dealer, I have to be careful which day I book it in, as the last 2 times its been in for warranty work, the only Chrysler mechanic, was either sick or at Chrysler school, and I ended up having Ford mechanics working on it. (shared dealership.)

Thanks for any replies,
Terry

Old 01-17-2007, 02:44 AM
Default Re: Auto Transmission Leak

Interesting, if I didn't have another car to drive i would push for a loaner. Is your car an 04'? I'm about to finally buy my new crossfire (yey) and their are still new 04's out there, when i ask how the cars have been stored for the last 2 1/2 years I can't get an answer. Hope these rings come in soon, and for gods sake keep those blue oval freaks away from your XF!

Old 01-18-2007, 10:02 PM

Hi Aussie...yep common problem I had mine repaired at City Chrysler in Melb...great service booked it in and fixed same day...by the way Chrysler will flat bed your car there if you request it.
I bought my car at Nunawading Chrysler...absolutely useless when it came to service...there was none.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:42 AM

Took mine in for an oil change and the tech discovered a small leak coming from the transmission, said it was common, they had the parts, replaced at no charge with no questions asked.

'05 with 20K miles and automatic transmission.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:53 PM

Where can I read a copy of the TSB I can find the header but not the body of the message. Also, the Chrysler TSB number for it so I can make sure the dealer does it right
Thanks

Old 04-26-2013, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by helopilot
Where can I read a copy of the TSB I can find the header but not the body of the message. Also, the Chrysler TSB number for it so I can make sure the dealer does it right
Thanks
You resurrected an old thread .... those guys prolly aren't around anymore. But ... I searched for "TSB automatic transmission leak" and it pulled up a thread that gives the pdf for that TSB. Sorry, don't know how to do a linky. Have fun ....

Old 04-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Forum Regular

Go to the technical section. I am sure it's in there somewhere. It's a $9 transmission connector plug.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by helopilot
Thanks
How to do it yourself.
TSB's

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-26-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:09 PM

Had o-ring on auto transmission electrical connection plug on my 2005 Crossfire Coupe replaced today at Chrysler Dealer in Daphne, AL, was about $200 for fix, was dripping transmission fluid in garage. Said old silicon o-rigs deteriorate over time.

Old 02-23-2015, 03:46 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Did the same thing myself last summer in my garage for $12.95 and 1 hour labor.
At least what they said is true ......