Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Avoid this Dealer

Old 04-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Avoid this Dealer

Dwayne Lane's Chrysler in Everett Washington!!

(Long Post)

Here is how the story goes. I live and work near Everett. When I got off work one day the radio quit working. All it did was display "CHRYSLER". Dwayne Lane's is the only dealer in the immediate area. So I took them the car because the problem was current and the dome light needed a looking into. They saw the problem and ordered me a new radio and dome light. When I got the car back they had marked up the headliner replacing the dome light. I called the service manager and complained. They offered to clean it and etc etc. So far no problem.

Well the seat heater quit working on the drivers side. I thought I would give them another chance. I really didn't want to take a trip towards Seattle to get it fixed. Well they found the problem and replaced the lower seat cushion. When I got the car back I noticed some new damage. While removing/reinstalling the seat the tech. gouged the door sill. Deep GOUGES!! I was furious. They ordered a new door sill and will replace it.

Twice I have taken my car to them and twice they returned it with damage. IMO this is unacceptable. How could the tech pretend this didn't happen and think I would not notice.

I will never return to that dealer!

I just want to warn any one else in this area about them.

-Erick

Old 04-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Default Re: Avoid this Dealer

Thanks for the heads up. Since I've been reading on this site, I've noticed that there are very few Chrysler dealerships that do take care of their Crossfire owners and there have been many incidents such as this. I was worried when I had to bring my car in for the recall but luckily there was no damage. I think if you tell them in the beginning that you are serious about your car and do a walk through with the manager of how your car looks, I think they will take a little bit better care of it. At least I know some people on this site have done that before and they have always gotten their car back just how they left it. Hopefully you have better luck next time

Old 04-20-2006, 07:58 PM

One of the problems is that Everett is, well how do I put this nicely, a "ghetto" for the Seattle area. Parts of it are nice but most of it are trashy. I lived there for one summer and never again. There is a Chrysler dealership in a "richer" area.

Old 04-22-2006, 03:55 PM

i hear your pain but if i understand - all issues were fixed or corrected with no real effort on your part other than to bring it to their attention. If it is convenient for you and they did make it right (albeit with a little pain)_ i would stick with them or drive to the next town.

Old 04-22-2006, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by typhoon55
... all issues were fixed or corrected with no real effort on your part other than to bring it to their attention.
They did fix and take care of anything. I have never taken a car to a dealer and gotten it back in worse shape. My fear is what's next. They dent a panel. They scratch the paint. I don't want any unnecessary body damage. No one wants to have a car repainted because of clumsy and lazy dealer.

I can understand accidents. I feel (and the service manager agrees) the tech should have said something before the car was returned to the owner. This isn't the first time they have done that. Unfortunately after talking to people at work this dealer has had these issues in the past.

Just wanted to alert people to this.