Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Some results of my latest dealer visit

Old 04-12-2007, 07:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some results of my latest dealer visit

This is the driver's door after the 8th attempt to get a dealer to keep it from rattling loosely in the frame and popping partway open;

DSCN3325.jpg

And this is the love note Classic Chrysler of Madison, Ohio left on the passenger seat;

DSCN3327.jpg

Old 04-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Some results of my latest dealer visit

[Deleted Message

Last edited by AMGLover; 08-13-2007 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:59 AM

Do you ever wash your car?

Old 04-12-2007, 11:11 AM

The car was washed the evening before these pictures were taken. I left it outside where it is about 20 feet downwind of a male pine tree.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:31 AM

DSCN3363.jpg

DSCN3364.jpg

DSCN3365.jpg

DSCN3366.jpg

BTW, it wasn't raining when I took these pictures, the raindrops visible next to the door latch were there when I opened the door.

Last edited by John Webster; 04-12-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Forum Regular

Deleted Message

Last edited by AMGLover; 08-13-2007 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:18 PM

The door latch seems to work, it just doesn't hold the door closed. Whenever I go over a bump the door moves in the frame with attendant bumps and rattles. The road noise is constant, recent "improvements" have reduced the onset of wind noise from 65 mph to 40 mph.

The fourth time I took it back to Classic Chrysler in Madison, Ohio they asked me not to bring it in for that problem anymore.

I recently took the car to Junction Chrysler in Chardon, Ohio and they refused to work on the car because "Chrysler wouldn't let them work on a car with that many things wrong with it" and they felt they had no responsibility to repair damage another Chrysler dealer had caused. They also said that Chrysler dealers who were not the original sellers of the car had no responsibility other than to get the car back on the road if it broke down near them.

Curiously enough, the other three Chrysler dealers I have tried to get the car serviced at are now out of business.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Forum Regular

Deleted Message

Last edited by AMGLover; 08-13-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:00 PM

I've contacted the regional service rep. He was very hostile and told me that the gouges in the door sill must have been left by a shopping cart.

I've contacted Jim Brown, the owner of the Classic line of dealerships in Northeast Ohio and he told me to contact the Better Business Bureau (in other words: get lost).

That streak of mud across the seat was left on the eighth visit to Classic Chrysler to get the same problems solved.

I appreciate your sincere effort to help solve the problems but I've given Chrysler at least 5 attempts to solve them since I was told not to bring the car back for these problems anymore.

Yes, I'm a mechanical engineer who came up through working as a car and lift truck mechanic and then as a machinist and I could probably fix the door problem IF it was only a door problem.

BUT I suspect that the problem is that the body and frame are separating, the suspension is taking off in a different direction and the only way to cure this car is to take it down to individual components and rebuild it.

At this point I'm stuck with a rattletrap with safety issues which the manufacturer and it's dealers will not fix.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:12 PM

Aligning doors is a bit of a pain that is for sure and you may be better off taking the car to a reputable body shop to have them look at it. From the pics it doesn't look like any adjustments have been made to the door b/c you don't see the movement marks.

And alternatively you can have a lawyer draft up a letter and have it sent to everyone and their mother and im sure something will at least try to get resolved then as i know that option works for me most of the time.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:26 PM

The latch attached to the body can not be adjusted because it is held in place by flat head screws.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Forum Regular

Deleted Message

Last edited by AMGLover; 08-13-2007 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:37 PM

^^^

I'll second that notion!

Old 04-12-2007, 06:27 PM

Is there a "lemon law" in your state. In NY they have 3 chances to fix it before it puts you in the "driver's seat" legally.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by John Webster
I've contacted the regional service rep. He was very hostile and told me that the gouges in the door sill must have been left by a shopping cart.

I've contacted Jim Brown, the owner of the Classic line of dealerships in Northeast Ohio and he told me to contact the Better Business Bureau (in other words: get lost).

That streak of mud across the seat was left on the eighth visit to Classic Chrysler to get the same problems solved.

I appreciate your sincere effort to help solve the problems but I've given Chrysler at least 5 attempts to solve them since I was told not to bring the car back for these problems anymore.

Yes, I'm a mechanical engineer who came up through working as a car and lift truck mechanic and then as a machinist and I could probably fix the door problem IF it was only a door problem.

BUT I suspect that the problem is that the body and frame are separating, the suspension is taking off in a different direction and the only way to cure this car is to take it down to individual components and rebuild it.

At this point I'm stuck with a rattletrap with safety issues which the manufacturer and it's dealers will not fix.
Is there a lemon law in your state? You may well have legal recourse. Save all paperwork related to your repair problems. Go after them.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:46 AM

Thanks for your kind words and relevant manual pages folks.

Ohio has a lemon law but enforcement of consumer friendly legislation here has not been a priority. Ohio is very much a pay to play state. I do have a lawyer working on it.

My frustration is the result of trying repeatedly (eight times at the original dealer and twice at the only other dealer that would work on the car) to get the same problems solved with no positive result and occasionally additional damage done. Chrysler HQ pads it with form letters but their attitude seems to be that once the car passes into the dealer's inventory it's not their problem.