Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

dealer foul up

Old 08-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry dealer foul up

Ok anyone had a dealer change their tranny fluid and put in 10 qts instead of the 8.5 required? Don't feel real bright right now let the service guy tell me that I needed to have the fluid changed at 30k and didn't go look it up in the book until after they had done it. Then find that they list on the invoice 10 qts. They also said it needed a 30k service. Yeah I know reading is fundamental, right now I'm just mental.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: dealer foul up

Don't trust "THE MAN" much of their information is whacked... Take the car to a Mercedes mechanic and tell him it's a SLK320...

Even the fluid levels in the OEM maintenance manual are not correct...

Old 08-08-2007, 12:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDDP
Even the fluid levels in the OEM maintenance manual are not correct...
Really??? Then how is anyone supposed to know how to work on these things. I totally agree with taking it to a Benz shop. When the Factory Bumper To Bumper is gone, I'm only taking it to a Benz Dealer. My extended warranty says I can take it anywhere I want...

Old 08-08-2007, 02:40 PM

Car is now back at the dealer, Shop manager tells me that an extra 1 1/2 quarts of wont hurt the transmission? Funny, I THOUGHT it was precision German Engineering. They are draining the tranny and putting in the 8.5 quarts that really didnt need to be changed until 80k. So who can you trust if its not the dealer you bought the car from?

Old 08-08-2007, 05:50 PM

Just got back from the dealer, they admitted to putting in the 10 qrts of tranny fluid and also fessed up to putting in too much oil. My next question is and what did that do to the tranny and the engine since its been that way and driven for the past 8 days? The service manager says "an extra quart or 2 wont hurt either"! Am I missing something here, like "Precise German Engineering".
On the dealers good side they are refunding my payment in full and did not charge me to correct their error.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bugeye
Just got back from the dealer, they admitted to putting in the 10 qrts of tranny fluid and also fessed up to putting in too much oil. My next question is and what did that do to the tranny and the engine since its been that way and driven for the past 8 days? The service manager says "an extra quart or 2 wont hurt either"! Am I missing something here, like "Precise German Engineering".
On the dealers good side they are refunding my payment in full and did not charge me to correct their error.
WAIT !!! The engine DOES GET 8.5 QTS OF OIL... THE MANUAL IS WRONG IF IT SAYS 6.1... I was pointing out that the manual was wrong on the oil level but correct on the other fluids...

Old 08-08-2007, 06:20 PM

You are right the tranny does hold 8.5 qtrs and the engine 8 (according to the Manual) but they put 10 in the tranny and more than 8.5 in the engine. The Oil can came up in the trip meter and the letters H I came up on the Odometer I think the car is smarter than some of the techs.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would be the HI oil level warning light for the engine. I had that light come on a few months back. The stick registered fine. I had the oil changed and the warning went out. I think someone here said it might have been a cracked ring on the filter?

Pat

Old 08-08-2007, 11:41 PM

It was the high oil light, but, dealer admitted to putting in too much oil and tranny fluid. Chrysler detroit is having another dealer check out the car to find out what damage has been done.