Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

One more issue with my car... WATER LEAKING!!!

Old 02-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One more issue with my car... WATER LEAKING!!!

I was going to ask this question to you guys before but keep forgetting it... Also, when I get a change, I will take a picture and try to post it when I get a chance.... but for now, here is the story. When I 1st purchased my car, which was about year and 6 moths ago, I was so happy to get a crossfire so I didn't check the car that well when I picked it up.... I did check for dents and scratches tho...(bought brand new). about year after I purchased my car, my friend noticed long strip piece right on the top of car does not align correctly. It's pushed in towards metal trim around the winshield so it created a small gap in the back. Brought the car in and they tested to see if water was leaking in through that gap and they said water was not leaking in. So they just cleaned the stain for me and they said they can not align that strip correctly because that just how it came out from the factory and if they try to fix it, they are afraid they might ruin the car... however, couple of days ago, it rain hard here in boston and I noticed the same stain at same area....so I called dealership immediately and notified them and have appointment tomorrow..... but not sure what to do if they say they don't know what to do..... any advise?

Old 02-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: One more issue with my car... WATER LEAKING!!!

Tell them it leaks. It is not right you are unsatisfied and want it fixed correctly.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:23 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cool Re: One more issue with my car... WATER LEAKING!!!

Read these recent threads:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=21808

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ght=Water+leak

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ght=Water+leak

and then see if you can contact them to see if their problem was resolved.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:20 PM

thanks for the links...however, mine is bit different... My car leaks from ceiling.... have big water stain....

Old 02-15-2008, 01:32 PM

You might want to change the rear window seal rubber of the hatchback/trunk. I also had a leak that stained the interior roof and demanded the dealership to change the seals. Also, it's a recall issue. I cant remember the RC# but my dealership stated they had a few XFers with the same problem. Them replacing the seal may also bring more attention to the misalignment problem. Good luck and dont take no for an answer. I bet they didnt refuse your money.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by ichon
You might want to change the rear window seal rubber of the hatchback/trunk. I also had a leak that stained the interior roof and demanded the dealership to change the seals. Also, it's a recall issue. I cant remember the RC# but my dealership stated they had a few XFers with the same problem. Them replacing the seal may also bring more attention to the misalignment problem. Good luck and dont take no for an answer. I bet they didnt refuse your money.
Thanks for information!!