Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

10,000 over MSRP.....Are you Pissed Off too

Old 11-20-2003, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shane, I wonder if the Dealer new the oil changes cost about $100.00 You got a good deal.

I took My Pt Crusier in for an oil change and while was there to pick it up a Lady was complaining loudly about the price of service. I told the Service manager I'd be bringing in the Crossfire soon. He said the Oil Change is about $100, so I'll probably be complaining next time I'am there. He said the Crossfire has A Chrysler Badge on it but Mercedes prices for service.

Old 11-23-2003, 08:25 AM
kusheen
Default everybody's hurting

Re prices on Xfires, poor sales, and discounting...

Looking through the Auto section of today's Sunday paper, I saw...

New Corvette's for $5000 under MSRP.
New BMW Z4 3.0's, one dealer $7000 under MSRP, another $5,000 under.
New Mazda RX8's, two dealers each $2000 under MSRP.
Ford T Bird, $8500 total cash back under MSRP.
350Z's, varying deals slightly under MSRP, only the convertibles are advertised at MSRP.

Methinks the niche in general is hurting a bit right now...

Old 11-23-2003, 09:50 PM

One of the issues with the general market segment today may be the time of the year & the area of the country your in. I would imagine that few dealers in the northern states that have any kind of inventory are willing to sit on them all winter. We have had good weather so far in Ohio. However, further to the midwest & north, winter is here.

It may be a good time to buy any one of these vehicles if you can find a dealer with a selection. But, its tough to commit to a $30M+ purchase & put it in the garage for 4-5 months.

It would be interesting to hear from some of you that are down south or out west & get some feedback on this.

Old 11-23-2003, 10:17 PM

Our local dealer wanted 3K over MSRP, & they couldn't order me the red one I wanted. Went up to Pittsburgh/Monroeville walked in & there she was! a week later I was on the road! Our local dealer still has there 2 black ones sitting there, haven't been in to ask if they've dropped the inflated price sticker!

Old 11-30-2003, 11:04 AM

I bought mine at about $1500 below sticker, got a decent price on my trade in and the dealer springs for 10 free oil changes using Mobil 1. So why to I feel screwed on the price when I read of sales in the $30K range! Maybe advertized prices are get you in the door then added dealer costs run the price up. $30K for a georgous body sittlng on a German constructed Mercedes SLK would be a firesale bargain.

Old 11-30-2003, 01:11 PM
kusheen
Default what you see is what you get...

Re the advertised price of $29,995 for a new XFire. I know the dealer, almost bought my car from that dealer. A good friend is a finance officer for that dealership.

It's on the up and up. $29,995 for the car, plus taxes/tags. No other add ons, and with the auto being the only option, not much wiggle room on the dealer's part to get you into the showroom to then upsell. I doubt he's throwing in free oil changes, though.

The cars are not selling well in Baltimore. Check that, they ARE selling slowly, but several have been folks taking them out of state where the dealers either don't have them, or they are standing firm on the price gouging.

I still say the biggest drawback with the car is Chrysler's total inability to give it some recognition/identity. The R & T article helped, but how many people that you know really read R & T or similar mag?

Had a guy here today to buy my Pathfinder. Drove up in a nearly new Chrysler 300M. He knew what the Crossfire was, enjoyed looking it over, but had NO idea what engine it had or the German engineering connection. In his head it was 'just' a Chrysler, and thought it had the same engine as in his car.

Another lady I worked with found out I have one. She said she LOVES the car and wanted one the first time she saw one (summertime). She said her husband called the dealership and was told the car was $42K.

They said no way they'd pay that much for a Chrysler, no matter how nice it looks.

She told me this story just last week, and I told her about the Mercedes running gear, and she did not know that.

We can say that WE all know/knew that, but the 'average' buyer out there hasn't made the connection, and I think you can point the finger directly at DC.

Old 12-02-2003, 08:37 PM

Dealers have $3000 if the car was a "demo" but no other incentives. Not even the holiday cash. But the 3G may have ended yesterday.

Old 01-20-2004, 12:43 AM

Pictures: 0

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:42 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They only allowed us to put demo allowances on three units the mid atlantic zone they also had a holiday rebate on any xfire for a two week window around dec 20 to dec 31 but that ended. I suspect that there will be an auto show rebate of 500.00 because of the upcoming Phila. auto show. We have one black (6 speed)left but now the zone said we can put an additional 500.00 rebate on that so that makes the total rebate 2000.00 without the auto show bonus but the auto show rebate is just speculation and can only occurr during the time the philadelphia auto is open to the gen public and only can be given to customers who buy there cars in the Phila area otherwise known as the MID ATLANTIC REGION there the only dealers who will have the auto show rebate if they infact do such a promotion never the less will sell any one that last demo with no niles on it for 500 above invoice and give you the 2000.00 rebate right now. if any one i intrested they can call me reedman chrys 215-757-4961 ask for bob Nieves by the way i got mine with the demo rebate!